Thread: 1000 Words - an underrated song?

Registered User 1000 Words - an underrated song? Shiro's Avatar

1000 Words - an underrated song?

When the topic of good or favourite FF theme songs comes up, you see many Eyes on Me's, Melodies of Life and Suteki da Ne's. I feel the theme song for X-2 is a very overlooked song. Both the Japanese and English singers have great voices, the lyrics are relevant and the orchestral version kicks ass imo. It is rarely performed in FF concerts. What is your opinion on this song?

Registered User 1000 Words - an underrated song?

Re: 1000 Words - an underrated song?

I like the orchestral version the best as well. It really amps up the power and emotion behind the lyrics, though they are a bit on the cheesy side. Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese! It's still a pretty song. ^^

"Kiss Me Goodbye" from FF XII is another song that doesn't seem to get much love in the concert circuit. I don't really have an answer for you why that is either (for both songs).
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. 1000 Words - an underrated song? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Eh, I think it is because it isn't part of the main series.
    Eyes on me, memories of life, Suteki da ne and 1,000 words played a role or backed up the story well, and they all are nice songs, it again is probably cause of it's "-2" branding haha

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Registered User 1000 Words - an underrated song? Shiro's Avatar

You're right about 'Kiss Me Goodbye' Dodie, though I've seen Angela Aki perform it live along with Eyes on Me. Didn't like her rendition of the latter though. I'll see if I can find the link to the video today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post

"Kiss Me Goodbye" from FF XII is another song that doesn't seem to get much love in the concert circuit. I don't really have an answer for you why that is either (for both songs).
    Probably because both games sucked?

Jay kay. no but really wtf.

I liked the piano version of 1000 words but the vocals are indeed cheesy and all I can picture is Yuna singing with retarded Lenne who really shouldn't even exist.

but overall it's not a bad song

Eternity Memory of Lightwaves is possiblly my favorite FF song of all time though.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-02-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I like all the songs from FF8 up to FFX-2 and I agree that 1000 Words is a great song (better than real emotion but this one is okay though) and the harmonising that Lenne does when she sings it in the Thunder Plains is really cool!!!

Hewerya love...? 1000 Words - an underrated song? seanb's Avatar

1000 words is excellent.
    The orchestral version even better.

I suppose one reason why people would not like it is that some of it may seem 'over the top' emotionally, especially in the orchestral version things might be a bit too 'disney', both vocally and with orchestral interludes/crechendos /chimes etc. but I personally love all of it.

Its really epic.

Registered User 1000 Words - an underrated song? Vogue Star's Avatar

I agree with most people here. I like the orchestral/piano versions better, they're very moving. The lyrics are a bit too corndog for me, also.... Buuuuuut, I did cry when I first saw the FMV when Yuna/Lenne sing it and even more so when the full version played over the credits. To this day it still gives me a strange knotting feeling in my stomach, much like Suteki Da Ne does