46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caladbolg

22 47.83%
  • Brotherhood

24 52.17%

Thread: Caladbolg or Brotherhood

Caladbolg or Brotherhood Segoreme's Avatar

Caladbolg or Brotherhood

Which one is better? Not just stat-wise, but looks, storyline involvement, and how you felt using it should also influence your vote. For me, Caladbolg. It just looked nasty, and when you stats are high anyway, you don't really need +25% strength or water strike. Also, the 3x overdrive multiplier was nice

Tsuna Feesh Caladbolg or Brotherhood Fate's Avatar
    Though I like the name of the Caladbolg and note its strength, I like the Brotherhood more, in terms of looks. The Caladbolg just looks like a solid piece of equipment decorated with fancy designs. The Brotherhood has that mystical look to it, which is further enhanced by the flowing water inside it. Plus, the developers tend to make signature weapons and such look more unique, and they use them as "cameos" in other games. For example, the Brotherhood is one of Gilgamesh's swords in Final Fantasy XII.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Angelicos Caladbolg or Brotherhood Alther Primus's Avatar
    Atop the Nexus of Creaton, awaiting my vengeance
    I agree with Fate about the Brotherhood, but also... I know people will kill me for this but, I liked the Caldabolg in X-2 because it embodies Yuna's pain far better then the brothherhood, and appearence-wise, I like both of them equally!

My soul, corrupted by vengeance
    Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
    In my own salvation
    And your eternal slumber

My junk:

"Time is but a fleeting dream. I shall be awaiting in some tomorrow to avenge this day.
    -Alther Primus
    TFF FAMILY!
    Feel free to VM me about joining my TFF Family!

Ethan

Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima

Elyon Seraphim

Dodie16

Ralz

Dark Angel

Xanatos

Meigumi

SilkAngel

Genome's Blade

Fate

Nova

xXCloudXx
    My frat!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ARTEO WARRA OKHUN LATAAR!!!

Daz 3d! Awesome!

O Rly? Caladbolg or Brotherhood Arch's Avatar
    I like the Caldabolg for its strength, but i like the brotherhood more because its the signature sword in FFX ,like the buster sword is the Signature blade For FFVII.I like also how the brotherhood makes it look like there is water in it,i dont i just like brotherhood alot more

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Paradigm Shift Caladbolg or Brotherhood FFTheBest's Avatar
    I prefer Brotherhood, I like all signature blades in the FF Series excluding the Ultimate Weapons. It is that bluey sword that Tidus holds in the water on the International version of the FFX cover case? (Just checking)

Oh Boy! Caladbolg or Brotherhood Lavos's Avatar
    my vote goes to the Caladbolg. It just looks awesome, is really strong, and it has no elemental strike. I remember sending Tidus down Aurons grid and then fighting that metamorph guy (the one you fight to get Jecht's first sphere) and always healing him with waterstrike.

Of course, i may be favored to the Caladbolg because of the annoying and infuriating way to aquire its full power.

FINISH HIM!

All is One.One is All. Caladbolg or Brotherhood Firefly's Avatar
    I prefer Caldablog for its strength and stuff,but I prefer Brotherhood for being the signature blade for Tidus.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Lord Deity of Harmony Caladbolg or Brotherhood Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    Caladbolg is the mightiest! Yet it's look make it seems nasty powerful look! But brotherhood looks a little bit clumsy...
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

I really don't like the overall look of the Caladbolg, but in terms of strength, it is much better than the Brotherhood, I think the Brotherhood sword means so much more to Tidus than any other, and looks way more awesome.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

I want to play a game. Caladbolg or Brotherhood Zargabaath's Avatar
    I chose the Brotherhood for its story importance and its design was a tad better than the Caladbog. The Caladbog was a wrecking machine though. The one thing that I did not like about the Brotherhood was it added Water-Strike; that made me not use it as often. I have never been too fond of elemental weapons as they are restricting.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Caladbolg or Brotherhood Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I chose the Brotherhood for its story importance and its design was a tad better than the Caladbog. The Caladbog was a wrecking machine though. The one thing that I did not like about the Brotherhood was it added Water-Strike; that made me not use it as often. I have never been too fond of elemental weapons as they are restricting.
    What he said. The only thing I disagree on is the Waterstrike thing. Sure, it makes the weapon less than useful in combat, but if we're talking story relevance, it's easy to see why Waterstrike was included in the abillities. The sword is a gift from Wakka, and seeing as the two are kind of bonded by water (Wakka found Tidus in the sea, they're both blitzball players), it makes sense to me that after the Farplane scene, the weapon would be endowed with some water-based power.

Also it looks like a glass sword filled with water, so you know, I could be looking into this way too deeply.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User Caladbolg or Brotherhood Yesha's Avatar
    I Like CaLadboLg more..

for me.. the appearance is great and unique, aLso.. tough-Looking than brotherhood.. and.. it's strength, power and advantages aLso adds on it's greatness..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

I actually liked the design of the Caladbolg but I would rather choose brotherhood since it is just a better looking sword then Caladbolg. Caladbolg is just a over fancy looking sword while the brotherhood has it's own look that us pretty new to me.

I feel epic... Caladbolg or Brotherhood Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    To me, it comes close between the two swords, but Brotherhood slightly wins. First off, the blade itself looks like its a water-enchanted blade.... and that's awesome! Second, it has way more going for in the story than the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood went through two people before finding its master. And it was an important remnant of Chappu. Whereas the Caladbolg... just appeared...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Registered User Caladbolg or Brotherhood NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Re: Caladbolg or Brotherhood

Yeah, I am all about the Brotherhood.

I mean, attackwise and abilitywise, the Caladbolg is far superior... but the Brotherhood has everything going on at the same time. It looks gorgeous, with it's blue sexiness. Also, it's the title sword, and ladies love it.

Death Before Dishonor Caladbolg or Brotherhood Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As the game progress's the brotherhood becomes a very powerful sword. So I hae to go with the Brotherhood on this one.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Dan the man Caladbolg or Brotherhood
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

brotherhood baby. story FTW...calad is tight tho

Caladbolg like all the other Celestial Weapons looks awesome and is awesome. The Brotherhood is cool too and has a better story behind it but I just think the Celestial weapons are better in all the games the stronger the weapon the better the weapon!!!

Consistently Average Caladbolg or Brotherhood Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the Caladbolg (desipte not being able to say or spell it without copying it off something) but i like the story behind the Brotherhood and the way that it looks like it should be a puddle on the floor. Seriously if i owned such a sword id spend all day just staring at it.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Caladbolg or Brotherhood Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Brotherhood for me. As Fate said it, it has that mystical look. Caladbolg is nice and all, but since all Celestial Weapons are alike in so many ways, I prefer something that stands out. Water is a recurring theme in FFX, and the Brotherhood reflects that.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Darkness Incarnate Caladbolg or Brotherhood Zeromus's Avatar

Pfft forget both of em...I make my own sword which just Pwnzorz all of em...except in looks wise which I would then and only then pick the Brotherhood -.-"
    Zeromus > Golbez

Everyone needs a savior Caladbolg or Brotherhood the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

storyline involvement would defenatly be brotherhood but thats about it, caladbolg is more powerful looks way more bad ass and has better abilities
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

talk about shape...brotherhood is more stylish than caladblog..but caladblog got more power than brotherhood....celestial weapon all insane....LOL

The Collector Caladbolg or Brotherhood Kyster's Avatar

I choose Brotherhood. Caladbolg is more powerful, but Brotherhood looks more mystical! That is important for me.
    Games beaten:
    I [NES], X [NTSC], VII, IX, CC:FFVII, XII, Dissidia
    In progress:
    X [PAL]; Goal is 100%

The Magic Man Caladbolg or Brotherhood Ragette's Avatar

I have to go with Caladbolg on this one, I preferred the look and power of it whereas the Waterstrike on Brotherhood really annoyed me!
    I know it has all the story stuff going for it but that didn't matter too much to me, also it really annoyed me that you could never sell it!!!

I will save the world Caladbolg or Brotherhood Hero without a Name's Avatar

I voted for Brotherhood, the story behind it is pretty cool, and the Caladbolg does look pretty sweet, I'm not going to like, but to actually get its full power up requires a lot of luck/perfect timing. Unless you were underwater, the Brotherhood was the best for me with the strength up and the waterstrike, and it just looked like a cool sword with the shining gleaming blue. If I had a sword, I would so use that.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

TFF's Resident Messenger Caladbolg or Brotherhood Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I go with Brotherhood. The story behind it was touching. I think that by Wakka giving Tidus the sword meant that he was accepting Tidus as a brother. The looks of it were neat, too.

I must say that I am a little biased. I have never finished getting the stuff to max the abilities for Caladbolg. It looks neat, but it isn't worth using when you don't AP for battling with it.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I found Brotherhood to be my favourite - sure it isn't as powerful as Caladbolg, but to me it looks cooler and has an interesting backstory as Wakka's brother's sword that he never took with him.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ