Thread: Blitzball X or X-2?

Question Blitzball X or X-2?

I love Blitzball in FFX what a great and original idea for a mini-game. Granted it can be at times slightly tedious but it is still very enjoyable. As for Blittzball in FFX-2 it is absolutely crap! In FFX you have total control on everything that happens in the game from setting your team and marking your oppenents to learn new techniques and then actually playing the game. As for X-2 you only control picking the team and letting them play on their own, the only thing you can control during the game is the morale level. It is crap due to less control over the game itself. Anyone else have views on this? All replies welcome!

summoneryuna
    I perfer blitzball in x better you just can't do anything in x-2

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Blitzball X or X-2? Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries
    X, but I can't say anything for X-2 as I haven't played it. I would spend hours on Blitzball, though. It was so much fun
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

The Mad God Blitzball X or X-2? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    X-2's blitzball wasn't fun at all. It became a spectators sport, not a game you could actually play. There's no comparison.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Consistently Average Blitzball X or X-2? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I became pretty obssesive with X's blitzball at on point. I'd spend way longer playing that then the actual storyline, it got quite addictive. Especially when the prizes were something decent. X-2 blitzball was a bit of a joke by comparison and I never put much effort into it.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User Blitzball X or X-2? EmperorLeo's Avatar
    I loved blitzball in the first one because you actually had control over things, but to an extent, there wasn't much challenge by the mid/higher levels, especially if you design your team for defense (replace a forward with a defender on purpose) and play that way. X-2's blitz was a manager's game. My brother wasn't a big fan of FFX-2 but he loved that blitzball because it wasn't as easy to dominate and it posed certain challenges (fatigue caused injury) while extending the skills you need to concern yourself with. I thought it was strange a person wouldn't touch a ball floating right by him unless he's engaging them in a tackle sequence but I do prefer the first one because you can actually play it.

Everyone needs a savior Blitzball X or X-2? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Blitzball X or X-2?

X for sure i remember losing hours to that game just waiting for the reels and the world champion to show up. I lost soooomany hours playing that game.
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Registered User Blitzball X or X-2? serenity1905's Avatar
    Blitzball in X-2 was a jumbled mess. It seemed as though Square was just trying to stop us from getting easy wins by swimming behind our goalie... the only thing that was left for us to do was watch helplessly as we hoped things worked out for the best in that sorry excuse they called X-2 Blitzball (sorry... I really couldn't stand that version of the mini-game).