Thread: Blitzball question

Registered User Blitzball question mousme's Avatar

Blitzball question

Hallo!

Please forgive me if this has already been asked a million times. I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

Can anyone recommend a good guide for blitzball? Try as I may, I can't seem to get the hang of the game at all, and I just got my *ss handed to me by the level-1 Guado team. Now that's just insulting!

Also, and this makes me feel REALLY stupid, but is there any way to get Wakka back on the team? It feels weird and wrong to only have Tidus and the other Besaid Aurochs out there, but not have Wakka around. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your forbearance with my very n00b questions.

~Mousme
    "I waste it with my crossbow!"
    -KotDT

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Blitzball question Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mousme View Post
    Hallo!

Please forgive me if this has already been asked a million times. I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

Can anyone recommend a good guide for blitzball? Try as I may, I can't seem to get the hang of the game at all, and I just got my *ss handed to me by the level-1 Guado team. Now that's just insulting!

Also, and this makes me feel REALLY stupid, but is there any way to get Wakka back on the team? It feels weird and wrong to only have Tidus and the other Besaid Aurochs out there, but not have Wakka around. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your forbearance with my very n00b questions.

~Mousme
    Here's a guide for Blitzball: GameFAQs: Final Fantasy X (PS2) Blitzball FAQ by AlaskaFox

Also you can get Wakka back later in the game. You can read where in the guide.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Get'n a handle on Blitzball...

You can also get an Official Strategy Guide for FFX which has a section in it on Blitzball which is helpful. But it really boils down to spending a lot of time figuring out what to do and practice playing the game to do it. I didn't know to get other players on the team that you could walk around various towns in FFX and try to hire them if you have enough Gill and they are a free agent not encumbered with a team obligation. I read that in a post on this forum. Once I found that out I got a good team together quickly. It takes quite a few games to get Wakka's World Champion Blitzball to be quite honest. Hope this helps. I found a new copy of FFX Storage Guide at Overstock.com and I had it it three days with standard shipping. It is very useful too in keeping track of who drops what and what you can steal/bribe from them.

Keep'n on play'n da game!

Gamer X
    If we forget the experience past in the course of human events we will reap greater tragedies than were once before.

Re: Blitzball question

you can get wakka back on the air ship after you defeat yunalesca

Registered User Blitzball question Locke4God's Avatar

As a BASIC STRATEGY,

Make sure you place 2 charaters with high tackle and block stats on defense

Make sure you place 2 characters with high shot stats up front

And make sure that you place a character with good pass stats in the middle

Any position that you can add pass stats to is a bonus, and if you can add tackle or block to your offensive players as well that helps to slow down some breakaways by the other team.

SIMPLE PLAY - Just try to pass before the opposing team reaches you, Pass to an open player, and work it up to one of your high shot players, then take a shot before they get to you. Try to take the shot as close as you can get, but attempt to have as few defensive players on you as possible. If one of the defensive players is already on you just keep going as far as he will let you without getting another defensive player to join them.

MORE ADVANCED - If you can get things like wither shot or sleep shot, use them, even with defensive players, because you will knock one of their players out of the game for awhile or weaken them and have a man advantage. Sign players with better stats than the ones you have at each position for instant upgrades. There are also shots and passes that give you more power. Use them to power through extra defenders and to overpower a keeper.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 03-23-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Blitzball can seem tough at first but it can become really easy.

Tidus at the start is really all you need escpially if you learn jecht shot right at the start. it makes it easy to score goals. Once you get started it starts to become easier and you'll get the hang of it. At first just use Tidus to score to get the hang of it till you can start signing palyers to get another good shooter and goal. I'd say keep Letty hes a solid player through the game.

You can get Wakka on the airship dock when you first enter the airship before you fiight ervae.

I could make one but I am sorry but I can't be arsed but if you google it you will find one I know that cuz my missus read up on it even thopugh I could have explained it all to her anyways have fun!!!

Dalmascan princess Blitzball question lady ashe's Avatar

ur right, it really doesnt feel right without Wakka. you dont eed a guide though, just keep practisig, thats what i did, practise makes perfect. just make sure tidus has sphere shot and you cant lose. well you can but if you can get up to the goal then you cant

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

The Magic Man Blitzball question Ragette's Avatar

It is really easy, just play exhibition matches until Keepa has Super Goalie and Grip Gloves, then just keep passing to Tidus and using Jecht Shot if you have it or basic shot if you don't, that should be a good start!

Jehct shot? how the hell did you get Tidus to learn Jecht shot!?

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

The Magic Man Blitzball question Ragette's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lady ashe View Post
    Jehct shot? how the hell did you get Tidus to learn Jecht shot!?
    When he is practising Blitz on the boat ride, if you get it all correct then that lets him start blitzball with Jecht Shot

You can learn the Jecht Shot on thee S.S Liki after you leave Kilika in the way to Luca. If you approoach the Blitzball on the deck of the ship you take part in the Jecht Shot Challenge it is not too difficult but sometimes you may lose so your best bet is to save below deck before you attempt it this way if you fail you can reload your save and try again. It is definitely worth getting though cuz the Jecht Shot makes Blitzball much easier!!!

i think i did that once but then i died so it didnt save, im wasnt a saving kinda girl then. i am now, thank Yevon. well when i get my ps2 back ill try it

Ashe and Vaan forever

Registered User Blitzball question DrewYeahhh's Avatar

**** i didnt know you get the jecht shot on the boat, is there any other way to learn it since im past that bit now also it says to press button but i didnt know when to press thoose buttons lol :L

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

i dont think so, its just on the boat i believe

Ashe and Vaan forever

Great might have to start new game again. :'(

Time flows without pause, in a world where I no longer exist, the future is about to change.

Once you have gained control of the airship fly to Killika and get on the boat at the dock if you go out onto the deck you will see the Blitzball there and you can attempt the challenge again so yes if you missed it earlier you can get it.

oh thats good then, that means i dont have to start a new game, yay!

Ashe and Vaan forever

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    Once you have gained control of the airship fly to Killika and get on the boat at the dock if you go out onto the deck you will see the Blitzball there and you can attempt the challenge again so yes if you missed it earlier you can get it.
    This actually makes me happy.

I just defeated maester seymour for the first time

ahaha... just three(or was it 2) more times until hes gone

Ashe and Vaan forever