Thread: Blitzball

"Tiger Hair" Blitzball HeroZero's Avatar

Blitzball

Figured I would just make a thread for everything and anything to do with blitzball. Be it tips for getting certain items, players, or just general tactics and favorite players.

Currently I am trying to recruit Nimrook (Psyches goalie) who is a pain in the ass to get because the Psyches rarely replace him. I have the game at a spot where he has one game on his contract and trying repeatedly to get him fired. So far it is not going well.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Brother is a favourite midfielder of mine, early on in the game he would get the ball and then score it, was like a one man show. I heard though he's not so great in higher levels compared to others. But him and Tidus at the moment make an awesome team.

I still enjoy using brother in higher levels. But yeah, swim in leave everyone in your dust and score. I think one game I got something like 10-12 points with him, pretty ridiculously fun.

I used Brother till 100 because he is a 1 man show meaning, him and possibly only 2-3 people on the Enemy team will get experience. By constantly doing that my Brother outleveled everyone by at least 35 levelsm, by the time I got the Sigil.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I have come to the conclusion that I haven't had wakka in enough in normal game to get his last reels attack. Tried resetting dozens of times and no aurochs reels... back to runnin aboot. Figured after getting all the capture monsters with him in would be enough.

So far I have been doing really well at keeping my player levels equal which is surprisingly difficult.

I don't enjoy blitzball, I find it really boring. I did get Nimrook...when I had like, 3 games ever left to play lol. didn't bother changing out any of my team though, just left them as is, I tend to just try to score the once and camp out behind Keepa to speed the game up a bit, then once im certain ive won the league, il forfeit the last couple of games.

I actually tried resetting the league once id got what I needed from the tournament, but it just turned into a headache trying to win the next few matches, with levels starting from scratch, so instead (which probably took longer, but never mind) I forfeited an entire league season, so I didn't have to play it all out lol. took about 5/6 hours in total of continuous play to get the sigil offered up. and now I never have to blitz ever again.

My previous playthroughs took SO long as I would take the time to pass, pass, pass and pass some more to get my levels up..... but it was a waste of time really, imo.

Apparently, you don't need wakka in your party and its just how many battles you've fought and won since you start playing?

Yeah you don't need Wakka on the team. Wakka is only good at like lvl99.

If you actually changed your team up the tournaments would have been no problem. The computer cheats.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

So far I have been doing really well at keeping my player levels equal which is surprisingly difficult.