Thread: Balthier's own Spin-off.

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. Cloudsnakeskin's Avatar

Balthier's own Spin-off.

Who else thinks that Balthier should have his own game, possibly a PSP title, please let me know what your thoughts are on this.

The Lone Dagger Balthier's own Spin-off. Xithor's Avatar

Re: Balthier's own Spin-off.

Balthier was a great character and I think his character and personality was strong enough to be in a leading role so I'd agree he would def do great in his own spin off, incorporating Fran as his partner and what not. Would def pick it up to play through it

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Balthier is cool till you reach Archades....then it's all about Basch.

Balthier is cool, I mean the whole Sky Pirate thing and having a lot of people wanting to claim his bounty. Would this spin off be like DoC type gameplay? Maybe SE will have to just create up some adventure of Balthier before the events in XII.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Balthier's already the protagonist of FFXII - why does he need a spin-off? O.o
    It was good that Vaan got one (Revenant Wings), but Balthier... no, thanks. He is a nice character, but we know all about him already...
    I wouldn't play it.... except, perhaps, for Fran. <3
    (Oh and I don't know everything about him. o.o How did he meet Fran, for example? That'd be nice to know. But, then, there should be spin-offs for EVERY character.)

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. Cloudsnakeskin's Avatar

I think the game would have to be a prequel to work.

I was never a huge Balthier fan until I equipped him with the Ragnarok and then I used him all of the time.

As far as having his own game goes, it doesn't sound like it would be that interesting. What I mean to say is, it wouldn't be a Crises Core or Dirge of Cererbrus. However, it is a thinker.

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off.

I didn't really use Balthier in my play-throughs of FF XII, but he was an alright character. I preferred Basch over him. Actually, I preferred Basch over just about anyone in the game.

I'm lukewarm of the idea of him getting his own game. I would buy it if it was made but I'm not clamoring for one.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. Zidane77's Avatar

I wouldn't care for a spin-off, he was one of the few cool characters in the game but i didn't really like Revenant Wings and i doubt i would like more sequels of XII but that's just me..

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. kupo's Avatar

i dont see how that could end up good. dont get me wrong, i freakin love balthier but he needs to just stay where he is. he's already in revenant wings ( i think) and the tactics remake. thats enough

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Rabanastran Balthier's own Spin-off. Belugn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kupo View Post
    i dont see how that could end up good. dont get me wrong, i freakin love balthier but he needs to just stay where he is. he's already in revenant wings ( i think) and the tactics remake. thats enough
    I agree. I don't think it would end up very good. I would probably get it though, if the game were sort of..towards the Indiana Jones department. BUT WITH AIRSHIPS. AND SKY ISLANDS. : ) Balthier's Extreme Treasure Hunting through Ivalice, haha.

But I still have to say that even I have been daydreaming (haha) about some sort of adventure game with a lead like Balthier. I think it's because I'm sort of disappointed that the characters didn't really live out the personalities all the information given claimed them to have. Balthier is supposed to be a..now how did they put it.."silvertongued" ladies man or something along those lines, and I just wish the game would've played more on that, etc. I'm also really curious about how Balthier and Fran met up, seriously.

But well. Earlier FF spin offs, Dirge of Cerberus, Revenant Wings...they haven't done very good so I think it's very unlikely.
    "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game. I think I'm better at telling a story."
    Hironobu Sakaguchi

The Bird Of Hermes Balthier's own Spin-off. Dancing_Corpse's Avatar

Balthier was my favorite character in FF XII and I would love to see him in a spin off. But i'm a little worried that it might turn out to be not that great like Revenant Wings which kind of made me dislike the series. Also they might make it like Dirge of Cerberus which I didn't like that much and it would be too easy to make a Balthier game like that (Because both him and Vincent are both primarily gun wielders).

Haha I love Balthier so much!!! However, I don't think I would want to see a spin-off. Those things seldom work out and more often than not butcher the game.

In a way every main character of an FF is worthy of a spin-off but it just cannot be done ~^. Although you always know a game has been a success when people do want to see spin-offs... .

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

The real reason why the rum is gone Balthier's own Spin-off. Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Balthier so any spin-off that he's in, good or bad, I would buy it just to see xD

Glowing Ball of Awesome Balthier's own Spin-off. Ashura's Avatar

I wouldn't disagree with him having his own game, he was actually one of my favorites in Final Fantasy XII. That also wasn't the only game he was in. So I'd love to see him with his own game, I'd play it, that's for sure.

Contact me for signature/avatar request.

Rabanastran Balthier's own Spin-off. Belugn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudsnakeskin View Post
    I think the game would have to be a prequel to work.
    Oh just saw this comment now, and I think that could've been pretty darn sweet. Perhaps they could also have included some of other earlier mentioned events, such as the fall of Nabudis etc, though that probably would mean a whole lot of time skipping, so perhaps not. Hm. I think a prequel with Balthier's past in focus could be something
    at least for the fan girls.

Like me. ; )
    "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game. I think I'm better at telling a story."
    Hironobu Sakaguchi

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Ok, so I'm thinking Star Fox style gameplay with FF-esque graphics, player is Balthier with Fran and perhaps other allied sky pirates communicating throughout missions...

Fran: Do a barrel roll!
    victoria aut mors

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. Sharpshooter's Avatar

I would love to see a spin-off for Balthier
    It would be nice to know a little bit more about his past, like how he escaped Archades and how he met Fran. The game could include missions showing how Balthier got so infamous and how he was able to survive all these years with just 1 partner.

Leviathan_Whale

A prequel would be cool. Balthier and Fran were my fav in the game. Sky pirates for the win!

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. kupo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    I would love to see a spin-off for Balthier
    It would be nice to know a little bit more about his past, like how he escaped Archades and how he met Fran. The game could include missions showing how Balthier got so infamous and how he was able to survive all these years with just 1 partner.
    exactly! he was alway the one i wanted to know about the most. SE drops some tid bits of info on him but never really gets into it....i think it would have been quite interesting to see how he became the balthier we all know and love in XII

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post

Fran: Do a barrel roll!

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. Shiro's Avatar

I feel there is enough material on Balthier's backstory to make a pretty decent spin-off title. He was a character they really took the time to develop. Awful in battle though, he was always one of my 'reserve' characters...

Certified tech, come at me! Balthier's own Spin-off. SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This should make for a nice spinoff with air/sky pirates and all that stuff.

EDIT: dang, forgot the square logo, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 03-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Currently Playing:

Registered User Balthier's own Spin-off. HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hehehe, Balthier doesn't need his own title. After all, he is the "Leading Man".

In all fairness though, I want an alternate storyline wherin Balthier accepts the call to be a Judge and becomes Judge Balthier. I think with the Empires reasources, Balthier could have some wicked new guns. (Tee-Hee, kinda like Dr. Cid) Mayhap we could take the story so indepth that Balthier works his way up in ranks and eventually becomes the new Gabranth and somehow overthrows the Empire.

Balthier, King of Archadia. I like it.

He wouldn't be Judge Balthier though, that was the name he chose after running away and becoming a sky pirate. He'd be Judge..Ffamfran..or whatever the heck his crappy real name is Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    He wouldn't be Judge Balthier though, that was the name he chose after running away and becoming a sky pirate. He'd be Judge..Ffamfran..or whatever the heck his crappy real name is Lol
    Ffamran Bunansa, if I remember right.

Thank goodness he ran away and changed his name...