Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X Prequel?

Hewerya love...? Final Fantasy X Prequel? seanb's Avatar

Question Final Fantasy X Prequel?

Would you like to see Square release a prequel to Final Fantasy X in a similar manner to VII's Crisis Core, the prequel would follow the events before FFX summoner Braska's journey to defeat Sin, Kimhari's early relationship with Yuna, the death of Wakkas brother and his relationship with Lulu... the list goes on

What are your views/wishes if it was to happen?

TFF's Resident Messenger Final Fantasy X Prequel? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Final Fantasy X Prequel?

I like the idea of it, but I am not sure how it would play out. I think it would be neat to do Braska's pilgrimage, but only if it was very different from Yuna's. It would be great to see a male white magic user. Maybe Jecht could have flashbacks into the dream Zanarkand like Tidus, but instead to play whole matches of Blitzball, which would cause him to know Overdrives after winning or something.

I don't see any good way to end it though. I mean, we already know how Braska's journey ends. SPOILER ALERT: Jecht becomes Sin, Braska dies, and Auron goes to Zanarkand and is also dead. I would hate for it to end like "The Sopranos" with an all of a sudden black screen.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

The very first Pilgrimage would be the only prequel I would like to see.

Only problem with a prequel is, for the pilgrimage, you already know the outcome. The game would just be, another type of FFX. Barely anything would be new, only just information on that time in Spira.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

yes, that would seem to be the problem; the ending...

Perhaps it would be better as a cgi movie like advent children..
    I would personally love to see little things happen that we are told about in FFX, like for example Ject getting drunk and attacking the shoopuf lol , little, almost sentimental things that a real ffx fan would appreciate

My couch pulls out but I don't. Final Fantasy X Prequel? midgetbob's Avatar

Yeah... not sure how a prequel would work on FFX... unless they did something that required the creation of sin, and not just the pilgrimages. The origins of the whole process. You still know the outcome, but... at least you're not just running through the same thing as you did with Yuna.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

I'll find you, no matter what. Final Fantasy X Prequel? FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the idea. It would be like Crisis Core. Spolier Alert: Anyone who played Final Fantasy 7 before playing Crisis Core how it would end on the cliff near Midgar. Yeah, we would know how Braska's journey would end but we don't fully know how they got to it. And it would be interesting to slip in little things about Tidus, Yuna, Kimarhi, and Cid too since they have ties to that storyline.

Trust Me.

Consistently Average Final Fantasy X Prequel? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    The very first Pilgrimage would be the only prequel I would like to see.

Only problem with a prequel is, for the pilgrimage, you already know the outcome. The game would just be, another type of FFX. Barely anything would be new, only just information on that time in Spira.
    I agree with this. A prequal would be a good idea but a lot of what happened during Braska's Pilgrimage was covered during X. Unless they pulled some out random evnts that didnt get covered it would be quite dull, i mean there'd be no operation Mi'hen, no Seymore, i dout there'd be much Blitzball, none of the whole 'i've/ you've been branded a traitor' and i dont know who would handle Black Magic unless Braska could, same goes for flying enimies too. Although i'd be interested to know who the previous Sin would have been and we might get a bit more insight into previous Summoners and their Gaurdians. Other then that they'll need to come up with alot more material first.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

chocolateer Final Fantasy X Prequel? 01habbo's Avatar

A prequel would be a dream come true, but it wouldn't be on Braska's pilgrimage think bigger, go back in time to a 1000 years ago where everything started. Spira was alot different back then Sin destroyed alot of the land over a thousand years, it would be a completely different Spira with huge Machina cities, different modes of transport.

Spoiler Alert (probably minor better be safe though): You would also see the creation of Sin, the creation of the dream, the start of the Machina War, Yu Yevon, new aeons. It's possibile there were summoners before the machina war. You would probably see the creation of the Aeons in FFX, did the fayth really just willingly give their souls or were they just tricked? Aswell as Yu Yevon, you would see other characters such as Lady Yunalesca, Lord Zaon, Shuyin, Lenne. There is so much of Spira's history that wasn't fully explored it could easily make another game .

I think there is an endless amount that could be covered, I'd like to see a split storyline, jumping back and forth something like the way FF XIII was, so there would be seymour as a child and his parents controversial marraige, braska, jecht, a younger auron, younger kimhari finding the child yuna, lulus relationship with wakkas brother, the list really does go on,.. I would just find reliving all that very interesting

Memento RK Final Fantasy X Prequel? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was actually a Role Play idea that a few people had a while back. I don't know what happened to it though. If anyone wants to start one with this idea, I'd be all in.

You could even introduce Lenne into the story. Although it would probably be subtle because she doesn't come into the story until FFX-2.

It would most definitely have to focus on Zaon and Yunalesca and how that all came about.

Spoiler Alert!! Then on the other end of the scale, how did Jecht get to Spira in the first place. It wouldn't be like how Tidus got there. He didn't have his father look for him....or did he. Hmm. Interesting add there.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Kyra that sounds REALLY intersting, and i'd be in
    one thing, im not too familiar with how the role play works so could you give us a few fundamentals??

chocolateer Final Fantasy X Prequel? 01habbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    This was actually a Role Play idea that a few people had a while back. I don't know what happened to it though. If anyone wants to start one with this idea, I'd be all in.

You could even introduce Lenne into the story. Although it would probably be subtle because she doesn't come into the story until FFX-2.

It would most definitely have to focus on Zaon and Yunalesca and how that all came about.

Spoiler Alert!! Then on the other end of the scale, how did Jecht get to Spira in the first place. It wouldn't be like how Tidus got there. He didn't have his father look for him....or did he. Hmm. Interesting add there.
    Lenne wouldn't appear at all if only the pilgrimage was dealt with, she would only appear if the prequel had Zanarkand and the Machina War.
    Minor spoiler: Since she was a summoner on the front lines she would have a role to play.

It would even be cool to have a graphic novel series, that would follow the history of Sin and whatnot.. what do ya's think? Ive never really gotten into graphic novels however, but I think it would be a suitable idiom for such a subject

Registered User Final Fantasy X Prequel? Locke4God's Avatar

What if they did a prequel going all the way back to Yu Yevon becoming Sin!!!

The war between Zanarkand & the formation of the church of Yevon to cover it up and control the populace. We don't know a whole lot about that war. We would know the end, but there certainly be some suprises thrown in there.

Actually I just saw this posted above, but yes, the creation of the dream, the creation of the summons. There could even be more summons, as some may have been lost over the next thousand years. The cities could be shown with far more technology that sin hasn't destroyed, which would make for a far different look. We may be able to get some secrets as to why some zarakandians took their place on the wall of fayth while others became summons. Was there something to that? And could we see how it was that sin was defeated the first time? Maybe something far different happened that led them to adopt the pilgrimage style of defeating it.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 04-27-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    What if they did a prequel going all the way back to Yu Yevon becoming Sin!!!

The war between Zanarkand & the formation of the church of Yevon to cover it up and control the populace. We don't know a whole lot about that war. We would know the end, but there certainly be some suprises thrown in there.
    Yes, I agree, this would be interesting. there would be a LOT of things to be uncovered there .

Blog Entries

ooh that would be interesting R. Kyra. A game that includes the War that everyone talks about, maybe even throwing the in twist about how Lenne is connected to Yuna and Shuyin to Tidus. When I first played FFX-2, I thought that Shuyin was the real person that Tidus (as the Dream) was based off of. I thought maybe too that the Fayth had something to do with linking Lenne to Yuna.

Trust Me.

I like the idea, but I have my doubts as to its success. There are alot of things that could be explored, it would certainly be nice to get a better background on Braska, Jecht, and Auron when they were together. I think it could be very good, but at the same time it could end up being just a regular game.

Might be good I mean I think it would be cool to play as Jecht (not sure what his weapon would be though) cuz he is funny if you ask me! However on the downside it would have to be pretty similar to FFX's story and you know what the outcome is gonna be Braska dies Auron dies and Jecht becomes a fayth so the ending would not suprise you.

The Magic Man Final Fantasy X Prequel? Ragette's Avatar

I definitely think any FFX prequel they did would be better off as a CGI Movie like Advent Children, but like most people have stated, the difficult choice is do you go back to Braska, Auron and Jecht or do you go back to the first?

Blog Entries

What about a prequel like Advent Children? A movie I mean. Would people go for that?

Trust Me.

Passing fair judgement Final Fantasy X Prequel? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I think the overall idea for a prequel is a good one, but the problem would be how to work it. I think it would be cool to have Jecht as one of the main characters though, I liked him. I don't really care about the summoner stuff(yeah, it's important to the game, but I find it boring) so I don't care how they would do that. As for the ending, you knew how FFVII Crisis Core ended so would it be so bad knowing how the FFX prequel would end.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

My life stinks! What's your excuse? Final Fantasy X Prequel? jerseyteufel's Avatar

I would like the idea of a prequel but told by Maechen, whether be a cgi movie or game. Wasn't he the one who shook Lenne's hand? *think of ff x-2 sphere of someone mentioning shaking 'her hand'*

Registered User Final Fantasy X Prequel? Vogue Star's Avatar

I love the idea of a prequel game! I do agree, however, that it probably would flow better as a CGI movie like Advent Children. The story involved in FFX has so much depth and history that I think it would require several movies. One for Braska's pilgrimage, one for the machina wars 1000 years earlier,etc. Personally, I'd like loads, because I'm greedy like that.
    I write fanfiction, and at the moment I'm currently writing a FFX Novelisation. The notion of writing an account of Braska's journey has often appealed to me. I might just do it

I will save the world Final Fantasy X Prequel? Hero without a Name's Avatar

I like the idea of it, I really do but the ending sucks because if you played X, you already know how's it going to end, then again if you played VII and *SPOILER ALERT* you go into the basement of the shrina manor in niebliem you see the end of Crisis Core, either way I think it would be a good CGI film, and I'd play the prequel. It'd be the only game in the history of the FF and maybe the world I think that would have a prequel, the actual game and then a part 2.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Registered User Final Fantasy X Prequel? Alex's Avatar

it would be awesome with a prequel!
    They could toss in some new stuff to surprise us and stuff ...
    I'm totally for it.

I believe i'm satisfied with the story of X and i don't think it needs to be touched again. However, if Square was contemplating making one, i would like to see more of Braska, Jecht and Auron's adventures - i think it would be highly entertaining. Plus, it would be good to see Auron and Jecht in a different light
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

People, knowing an outcome wouldnt make it bad if its like x-2 it would be bad but think about, crises core was an epic game and we all knew Zack would die yet some how you never felt prepaired, heck you got the idea ffx would not be a happy ending.

I really think it would be epic, I find the sadder ffs to be better anyway, problem of course is that the game would sort of end when jecht is transformed into a summon, And the sad ending would be braska being killed by his friend, Its a really good idea they will never do.

Registered User Final Fantasy X Prequel? kierandell1409's Avatar

I've actually been considering writing a FanFic of Braska's adventure. I have a few ideas for it (including a plot-twist involving Gilgamesh. Read the Spoiler for more details).

Spoiler:
    After Jecht attacks the Shoopuf, the trio are walking down the Djose Highroad towards the temple. Auron is telling Jecht that he's "an irresponsible drunk, and that nothing he could do can change his opinion". Jecht then says he could change, and would help everyone he saw from now on. It's at that moment that they see a wounded traveller (Gilgamesh) lying on the side of the road. Jecht immediately helps him up and takes him to Djose Temple. There, Gilgamesh explains that he travels throughout many worlds and dimensions in search of powerful swords. He came out in Spira because he sensed a Masamune was there. As a way of saying thanks for helping him, Gilgamesh gives Jecht the black sword you normally see him with. Liking the sword, Jecht gives Auron the Longsword and says "if I don't make it back to Zanarkand, give this to Tidus.

Elementalist Final Fantasy X Prequel? IcyJJ's Avatar

I still feel that a prequel for this game would be inviting. Just because we know of those three, they could add characters that would assist them during the path. It would also give the gamer a chance to view Jecht in a different light.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

Dalmascan princess Final Fantasy X Prequel? lady ashe's Avatar

I would like to see a prequel yes... it should be interesting. I would like to find out more about Jehct and his jorney in Spira

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast