Thread: Audio Drama (spoilers)

chocolateer Audio Drama (spoilers) 01habbo's Avatar

Audio Drama (spoilers)

I can't believe no one has made a thread on this.

I loved ffx, loved ffx-2, had a bit of a grumble of last mission as they missed out important details from the japanese ps2 version, but over all I enjoyed it, it was fun, it was different.

Then there was the Audio Drama.

Are you freaking kidding me? Everyone seemed to be out of character and it drops the biggest cliff hanger ever! The only character I liked was Chuami, she seemed to be the only character with her head on her shoulders.

And lets not even start on the Novel that's meant to link ffx-2 to the audio drama that was a complete mess.

I used to wish for a ffx-3, not any more they've already ruined it with the audio drama, ><

What did you think of the audio drama?
    Last edited by 01habbo; 04-20-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Boxer of the Galaxy Audio Drama (spoilers) Rowan's Avatar
    I thought the references to Lulu's bust were adequate. I think its good to reference the important stuff.

TBH, I found the audio drama quite unsettling. Almost like a 'what happens in the lives of characters when you are not playing the game'. It was disturbing to hear about Yuna and Tidus splitting, as well as specifically mentioning that they fell out of love with each other. The idea I had of the world of Spira shattered when I heard that. I may listen to it again one of these days..

Certified tech, come at me! Audio Drama (spoilers) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I didn't listen to it all the way through. This isn't the first time a square rpg had a character couple that didn't work out. Bahamut Lagoon is another example, and the scary connection between that and FFX/X2 is that they were written by the same person minus the person who wrote the audio drama for post X-2.
    Currently Playing:

Audio Drama (spoilers) cetra_aeris's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I felt the audio drama was a bit out of character for Yuna. If the whole thing is that Sin has come back and all that jazz, wouldn't Yuna be more concerned with getting some of her trusted friends and previous guardians together to find out why? Not just going straight for the whole Final Aeon thing with the younger guy who says how much he loves her? I just don't feel that she would react that way, especially after all the things she's been through with her own pilgrimage and with sphere hunting.

And as far as a relationship not working out, I can see her and Tidus maybe having some conflict once he's back but they make each other grow as well. She causes him to act more mature and he helps her loosen up and relax. I don't feel like it would just split off like that. Especially with them both being so melancholy sounding, it seems more like an argument in process rather than a break up. Both parties spending some time apart because they can both be stubborn. But with Yuna especially, I feel that she would work through situations like that rather than just let something fall apart. Tidus would probably want to fight for their relationship too, in the end, simply because of his own family background I can't see him letting go of meaningful bonds or attachments with ease.

I don't know. Chuami seemed interesting, personality wise, but the rest of the audio drama was a big WTF and disappointment.