Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Worst character, in your opinion?

Re: Worst character, in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Quina is by far the most useful character in Final Fantasy IX, every oponent including Necron, and Ozma are nothing but a joke with Quina in your party.
    Wow. If Quina hadn't been that annoying with his way of talking and his never ending hunger... he would've been good to have in my party. But I didn't like his "personality" and the way he talked. That's why he is probably the worst character in my opinion.

As for battles, I find that Garnet was pretty useless, at least until Eiko appears. Eiko is so much better in everything - I didn't use Garnet anymore when I got her. ^^" I like Garnet, it's not that I dislike her for her personality or anything else. It's just that she's pretty useless in battle. :/
    (And I didn't like Eiko that much. Too much "uuuuh, Zidaaaane~~~" all the time. X.x")

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I will save the world Worst character, in your opinion? Hero without a Name's Avatar

IMO, and this is a tough one but I'd have to with Eiko, besides that moogle summon, she's pretty much a younger version of Garnet and her huge crush on Zidane annoyed me, I only used her when I was forced to use her. IMO, she gets the thumbs down. I know I'll get heat for this, but just like I said IMO, I liked everyone else.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

FF9IsStillTheBest

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wow. If Quina hadn't been that annoying with his way of talking and his never ending hunger... he would've been good to have in my party. But I didn't like his "personality" and the way he talked. That's why he is probably the worst character in my opinion.

As for battles, I find that Garnet was pretty useless, at least until Eiko appears. Eiko is so much better in everything - I didn't use Garnet anymore when I got her. ^^" I like Garnet, it's not that I dislike her for her personality or anything else. It's just that she's pretty useless in battle. :/
    (And I didn't like Eiko that much. Too much "uuuuh, Zidaaaane~~~" all the time. X.x")
    I honestly think Garnet is one of the best party members but everyone has a right to their opinion.

TFF's Resident Messenger Worst character, in your opinion? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used Amarant a lot less in battle than everyone else. My party normally had Vivi because of Black Magic, Steiner because of the Magic Sword and being a physical powerhouse, Zidane for Steal, and either Garnet, Eiko, or Quina because of healing abilities. I know Amarant has healing abilities, but I just didn't like them.

Outside of battle, Steiner was my worst. I don't really know why, but I just don't like him anymore. He was a bit annoying for me.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

All is One.One is All. Worst character, in your opinion? Firefly's Avatar

Quina for me. She/He always made me laugh and all,but..I found IT'S abilities to be useless (except for like the White Wind or whatever). I am just not a fan of blue magic ( I am sorry!)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

xRinaChan

Amarant and Eiko.
    Amarant because he is quite useless (maybe not in fighting but the story doesn't really need him to accompany them) and Eiko because she was like Zidane's personal stalker. Seriously, she reminds me to my little cousin >>

Riding the waves of adventure Worst character, in your opinion? RainingOasis's Avatar

I used to hate eiko but not so much anymore, least favourite would be eh I'm just going to go with eiko anyways cause of the whole weird obsession with Zidane
    Last edited by RainingOasis; 01-02-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Hope isn't in FFIX
    Enjoying the ride of life, one adventure at a time

Fantasy

i hated amarent, IMHO his abilities were useless and his character was boring. in the 50 or so times of me playing ff9 i never once had him in my team. no matter how much i tried i got sick and annoyed of him and replaced him quickly. its really hard to like a character who is so reserved and bland.

Best characters, in the following order:

1. Quina
    Has the third highest strength and HP (same as Steiner!), great defensive spells such as White Wind, Mighty Guard and Auto-Life, great offensive spells such as Twister, Magic Hammer, Limit Glove, LV5 Death and of course, Frog Drop. No matter how you play, low-level game, standard game, Excallibur II run... Quina will always be the best.

2. Freya
    Dragon's Crest will do max damage after killing 100 dragons, which you usually do anyway. Reis's Wind and White Draw can also be useful.

3. Amarant
    Though he may be the most boring characters, he's certainly one of the best. He has the highest HP and strength and good auto-abilities such as counter-attack, return magic, and HP bonuses. His skills are among the best as well. Revive can be almost as good as Full-Life, Chakra 40% HP/MP which is great and Aura can be a life-saver.

Elan is without question the best overdrive in the game. Being able to cast auto-life and regen on all characters at once is incredibly powerful.

4. Zidane
    Has the ability to steal some of the best items in the game. Thievery is the best 9999 damage skill, even though it takes a lot of time to power up. Zidane has second most HP and strength. Early in the game his overdrive is really powerful.

5. Eiko
    Has really strong white magic spells such as Full-Life and Holy. Her summons are quite good and fun to play around with. With Tiger Racket equipped, she can actully do some physical damage as well, if levelled up adequately. Double White Magic isn't bad. Being able to cast 2x Holy is quite effective.

6. Garnet
    Worse than Eiko in almost every aspect, but Ark can do some serious damage.

7. Steiner
    Though his skills can be useful from time to time, the complete lack of defensive spells kind of makes him a loser. Shock costs 48 MP, which is too much to be really useful.

...And the worst character is...

8. Vivi
    Lowest HP and strength and no defensive spells whatsoever. He can be effective in the beginning of the game if you get the Oak Staff and Doomsday can be fun if you have the right equipment. Other than that, he's pretty much useless.

So the best party is (with Zidane):

Zidane, Quina, Freya, Amarant

And the worst is:

Zidane, Garnet, Steiner, Vivi

The funny thing is that it took me several years to realise how bad Garnet, Steiner and Vivi actually are.

Boxer of the Galaxy Worst character, in your opinion? Rowan's Avatar

Never liked Amarant. Didnt like Eiko either. Beatrix should have been a playable character instead of Amarant. Beatrix was my favorite.

Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Never liked Amarant. Didnt like Eiko either. Beatrix should have been a playable character instead of Amarant. Beatrix was my favorite.
    wow you just hit on something i have been saying for the past 7 years. i dont think he should have ever been a playable character -he was just not important at all and his story should have ended right when he lost in madain sari-, i think beatrix should have been a playable character because what was she doing the whole time after the destroy alexandria part. i think thats a big fail on their part. im praying for a sequel

Registered User Worst character, in your opinion? Yuffinara's Avatar

Would have to be Cait Sith.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Worst character, in your opinion? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffinara View Post
    Would have to be Cait Sith.
    You dolt, this is IX, and Cait Sith was an awesome character. Probably cooler as a character than you are as a person IRL.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Sleipher

Worst character Final fantasy 9 in battle:

I always thought Quina was the worst because his/hers attacks where kinda weak and i couldnt get her blu magic working and stuff like that.

Now i only think she is the worst in the begining of the game due to her running out of mp realy quickly. later in the game i think Eiko is the worst as her summons arnt as good as Daggers and well she just seem to run out of MP alot faster than Dagger. Amarant comes close second because well he isnt that bad realy he is just an expensive character to use and i suck at gathering money xD

worst character out of battle is probably the same Eiko is just annoying and Amarant is either silent or just pretending to be an anti-hero which he does a very bad job at.

Star of the FF Show Worst character, in your opinion? Rising Star's Avatar

Well this my List :-

1. Vivi - I Thought he was awesome and in battle was quite strong and self-efficent as well with drain and osmose after you got those spells he could take care of himself and spells like Flare and doomsday were kick-ass too

2. Steiner - Now this guy was strong Shock,stock break and his trance made his attacks Uber strong although his MP was quite low teamed with Vivi use his magic sword.

3. Eiko - The only thing that makes her better than Garnet was she had more and better white magic and with Vivi in my team didn't have to worry bout elemental weaknesses and also her summons like Phoenix was quite useful to revive the whole party

4. Garnet - She was the weaker of the two white mages although she had more powerful summons late in the game didn't really effect me

5. Quina - She/He was a tricky one he had very good supportive magic like White wind, Auto-life and Mighty Guard and offensive magic like earth shake,twister,frog drop and limit glove but didn't really feel he had a place in my party

6. Freya - She was roughly the same with Quina yes she had potential to be very strong but against Steiner i thought she was the weaker of the two

7. Amarant - I Coudn't see if he was any good in the offense found him very average and didn't really have any supportive skills apart from Aura so didn't use him much if at all

8. Zidane - I Found this character boring,tedious,annoying,hopeless,no personality,cheesy lines which were uber annoying although in battle his steal was quite useful any chance i could get him out my party i did so that's that

Best Party - Vivi,Steiner,Eiko,Quina

Worst Party - Zidane,Amarant,Freya,Garnet

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    7. Amarant - I Coudn't see if he was any good in the offense found him very average and didn't really have any supportive skills apart from Aura so didn't use him much if at all
    Chakra and Revive too. Against most regular enemies, No Mercy will deal ~7000 which is alright. Against bosses, he's the strongest character along with Quina, because Elan Aura will make your party practically invincible. Being able to cast Auto-Life and Regen on all characters at once is by far the strongest ability in the game.

Chief Inspiring Officer Worst character, in your opinion? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Truth be told, I wasn't very impressed with any of the FF-IX characters looks-wise, but my least favorite in battle would have to be Quina. I tried very hard and went out of my way to teach him/her/it magics from various monsters, but in the end battle, it turns out the large pale creature was, regrettably, not in my line-up.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Registered User Worst character, in your opinion? NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Yeah. I never even gave Quina a chance because of the design and weird personality. I had fun catching frogs, but it was just such a nuisance using the character.

I tend to favor main characters, so Zidane is my clear favorite. He looks cool, acts nobly despite being a thief, and his excess speed gives him more chances to attack than most other characters. Also, his Trance attacks at the beginning are AUTOWIN.

I always use Dagger over Eiko.

I always keep Amarant around because in battle, he is incredibly strong and versatile. He will do solid damage with any attack, especially if you have some good stuff to throw. Chakra is slightly more useful than I think people realize. And No Mercy is a Kamehameha Wave, and that is badass, considering Zidane is a saiyan. Don't ask me why. Look at the connections (different planet, monkey tail, brother comes to kill him, turns out to be a good guy, can turn into super strong version of self). Plus, watching Zidane slowly impress Amarant and persuade him to help is worthwhile.

Usually my end party is ZIDANE, GARNET, AMARANT, and probably VIVI. That last one is interchangable.

Registered BRUISER Worst character, in your opinion? Nidogod's Avatar

From a gameplay standpoint, definitely Garnet. Eiko can do everything Garnet can do and then some. One one hand, Eiko gets esuna and dispel - the two most useful healing moves in the game as well as full life and holy - the only offensive white magic spell other than lvl 4 holy, and Garnet gets none of these. Then on the summoning end, Eiko gets the one summon whose name escapes me that gives your entire team protect, shell, and reflect and stuff based on what gem she's holding, and then there's Phoenix the end-all greatest summon because it prevents game overs. What does Garnet have that Eiko doesn't? Mini and float and ****? Thanks but no thanks.

Story wise, I think if there was voice acting Quina would drive me crazy, but since there isn't, Quina actually has more relevancy than Amarant. I love using him in battle, but his character was cookie-cutter moody loner with less depth than an Iraqi swimming pool. If he wasn't in the game or served only as a boss there would be nothing lost.

Registered User Worst character, in your opinion? + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

I'd have to say Garnet and Amarant. Garnet made for a good healer at first, but Eiko is better at both healing and summoning when she comes along. That means Garnet is only useful in the toughest battles, when you're trying to keep everyone alive. Amarant isn't much of a thief character, since Zidane filled that role from the beginning, and he's stronger.

Quina was all right if you knew how to use her, but it took time to collect some of her best techniques.

Elementalist Worst character, in your opinion? IcyJJ's Avatar

I feel that I do not use Amarant at all. His abilities can be nice, but I would rather have Freya.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

I have to agree that outside of being a key character Garnet fell short. Eiko's magic was much more useful in many cases, but I'm sure if I used summons more I would prefer Garnet!

As for characters who are useful in battle but fell short in story, both Freya and Amarant were vital to my party but had very little story involvement, which is unfortunate because what you DO see of them is wonderful!

Registered User Worst character, in your opinion? Sheechiibii's Avatar

I didn't like Amarant. I didn't like Eiko either though but I thought Amarant could have been a much better character than he was. Eiko...would have been hard to make un-annoying.

Worst has to be Quina though by far, I hated him/her/it. The only positive was catching frogs and blue magic but the actual character was dross for me.

Xx..xX

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Registered User Worst character, in your opinion? Cry For Garnet's Avatar
    Amarant is easilly the worst of the playable characters for me, his personality and contribution to the storyline is very monotonous, predictable, and hardly entertaining in my opinion, I could have happily played the game without Amarant in it, his main contrubutions are giving Vivi and Eiko piggybacks up the trunk of the Iifa tree and being a pain in the ass at Ispen's castle, not exactly integral to the storyline.

This is closely followed by Quina, i hated the whole idea of the 'Gourmet' race, apart from Vivi's 'grandfather', Quina was another character I would not have missed if the game had been somehow made without them, he/she/it is also absolute crap in battle, I never use...whatever it is in battle unless I have to.
    Last edited by Cry For Garnet; 05-18-2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Additions made

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst character, in your opinion? Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry For Garnet View Post
    This is closely followed by Quina, i hated the whole idea of the 'Gourmet' race, apart from Vivi's 'grandfather', Quina was another character I would not have missed if the game had been somehow made without them, he/she/it is also absolute crap in battle, I never use...whatever it is in battle unless I have to.
    I understand you don't like Quina, that's perfectly fine, but she/he/it is far from crap in battle, in fact she is by far the most useful character in FF9 thanks to her great offensive, defensive and support abilities, Quina can single handedly destroy each boss on first two discs with one mere hit, not to mention both Ozma and Necron are kinda joke with Quina in your party and there's no level one playthrough without her/him/it.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I never did put in my actually Worst character.

I'm going to leave it in the main party.

Worst character as a character I'd say Amarant, he's there for mainly Zidane and Zidane only...Beatrix could have been swapped out with Amarant but that leaves me to the battles. Amarant is one of the best to use.

Worst character as in battle? Steiner. Steiner Steiner Steiner. His Breaks barely hit it's target and you don't even need to use any of them...minus Shock but Freya and Zidane can do 9999 dmg on their own when you build them to do it. His Trance is just BUFFER Steiner, nothing NEW like everyone else Trance. Next would be the healers. Garnet and Eiko are useless once you have Quina, Auto-Regen, Vivi with Doomsday (and everyone with Immune/Absorb Shadow) and Amarant for good ol Chakra.

Actually Beatrix should have replaced Steiner but Steiner does fit well into the story more than Amarant.

So many ways to play FFIX it's really cool when you get into it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Worst character, in your opinion? Cry For Garnet's Avatar
    @ Xanatos

The only reason I refer to Quina as being crap is because I only use a set in stone party of Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner because they are my four favourite characaters and I never use anyone else unless I have to, as a result, I usually finish the game with four Lv 99 characters and 4 level 25-35 characters because I only ever use four. I am well aware of quina's usefulness in battle and in the playthroughs where I have used it as one of my main characters, I have, like you say, made mincemeat of every boss apart from Ozma, Necron, and maybe Quale if I have rushed through the game. When I refer to Quina being absolute crap this is only because I have hardly levelled it and hardly found any of its Blue Magic abilities, so as much as I am aware of its superb battle 'skills', I dont use it and threfore is crap, the same as Freya, Eiko and Amarant because I don't use them beyond when I have to either.

But it is as you say, if and when I actually use Quina, it is the best character in the game in terms of battles, and as a result I apologise for my previous comment.

I think that the worst character is not the same as the character I don't like

Eiko was pretty useless since Garnet was so much better in pretty much most ways!!

So I think the worst character was Eiko even if she was a fun character at times.
    The Last of Us is the best game of a decade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3