Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who wants a FF8 Remake?

Who wants a FF8 Remake?

I know that there are other people who would like to see this game remade in today's quality. Please check out the link in my signature to sign the petition and help out -- it's likely that the only way we could ever see a remake is by doing something about it.

Every little bit helps.
    Join us and see your favourite Final Fantasies remade for modern consoles.

Visit FFREMAKE (Final Fantasy Remake) to make it happen!

Copy and paste this into visible places to spread the word.

Courtesy of http://ffremake.blogspot.com/

Re: Who wants a FF8 Remake?

First of all, petitions tend to not work for stuff like this. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

But since you have the link in your sig, and that this isn't your first (and only) post here. I'll allow this to stay open.

Maybe discuss what you would WANT to see in a remake. For what console.

Memento RK Who wants a FF8 Remake? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought FFVIII was way ahead of it's time in graphics. It was the first game I saw that had phenomenal graphics and videos were great. As far as I know, FFVII was the first like that. I don't know what they earlier ones were like because I didn't play them.
    In other words, a remake would take away from the beauty. I don't see a point in a remake.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

a remake would take away from the beauty
    For me a remake would mainly be about the gameplay and having voices in the cutscenes. It would be great if you could actually use all of the characters and weapons first-hand instead of using turn-based commands (I always imagine it in a third person shooter or DMC kind of style). I agree that the graphics were pretty good, though, so I'm not as worried about those.
    petitions tend to not work for stuff like this
    We won't know until we try, right? There haven't really been any well-publicised petitions for FF8, and any that started to be successful kind of faded away. If we could get this popular enough, I think there is a chance -- look at how low the success of SE's current games is compared to some of their older ones.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Who wants a FF8 Remake? Xanatos's Avatar

Well, having gorgeous graphics, voice acting, maybe even more content would certainly be nice, I wouldn't mind seeing that, then again I'm not really for it either, if this makes any sense.

The game is available more than ever now that it can be purchased via PSN, it can played on newer consoles, in other words you can still enjoy playing it tremendously, if you're not a graphics whore that is, those people should skip RPG genre in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jenova666 View Post
    It would be great if you could actually use all of the characters and weapons first-hand instead of using turn-based commands (I always imagine it in a third person shooter or DMC kind of style).
    No offense, but that's an awful idea, I don't wont my Final Fantasy to turn into brainless button mashing Kingdom Hearts, or even worse, Devil May Cry.

Final Fantasy games have strategic feel to it, it's like a highly improved version of chess, dumbing them down just wouldn't make sense.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Then I'm sorry to say this Xan, but the next FF game (FF Versus XIII) is Kingdom Hearts style. Annnd it's going to be good.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Who wants a FF8 Remake? Xanatos's Avatar

Crisis Core was somewhat similar to Kingdom Hearts, materia system added more depth to it though, if Versus turns out to be anything like Crisis Core which I consider to be a great game I can live with it.

Kingdom Hearts had both magic, and summons, though battles were quite often hectic, way too often button mashing proved to be the best solution. As for mentioning Devil May Cry in same sentence as Final Fantasy, let alone Final Fantasy VIII, is WTF to say the least.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Who wants a FF8 Remake? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Not me.

FFVIII is the perfect game for me. Any tampering with it in the slightest would ruin the experience for myself. Updated graphics do nothing for me, so that takes that out of the equation. Changing the mechanics of the game would ruin it and turn it into a completely different game.

So, no thanks. To be honest, I don't want any FF games remade (although the updates for I, II and IV on PSP were good, but nothing major had been done to them), but VIII most of all for me.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, of course, but even if it does get remade, you don't have to buy it -- so I really don't see the need for all this aversion. People who want a remake can play it, and anyone who doesn't can stick with the original.
    I understand that some people like the turn based battle -- and it was pretty interesting in most of the games -- but for me (especially after seeing Advent Children), I couldn't shake the idea of how awesome it would be if you could have the fantastic weapons of Final Fantasy actually being used firsthand in an action game, along with the incomparable storylines.
    Square Enix has talked a lot about how they might be going in new directions after Final Fantasy XV, so I think this is the perfect time to talk about remakes -- while they're still deciding. FF8 was a great game, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved in some ways.

Final Fantasy Noob! Who wants a FF8 Remake? ZenMonkey59's Avatar

I would love to see FFVIII remade. It was the first FF I played...major nostalgia for me.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

___________ Who wants a FF8 Remake? Kyreaan's Avatar

What I would love to see is VIII get ripped apart and put back together in UMD format. I'm not concerned about another game for the series; I want the PSP Final Fantasy VIII. I might accept something called Final Fantasy 8-Portable, as a little side story with Fujin and Raijin.
    ...yea, Kyreaan's Final Fantasy 8-Portable idea.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Anyway, as I said -- if you want the game remade, please sign the petition. It's our only real hope of convincing SE.

Anyway, as I said -- if you want the game remade, please sign the petition. It's our only real hope of convincing SE.
    Seriously, if you're doing that, mention Kyreaan's Final Fantasy 8-Portable idea. It's good just bringing something up just to see what they'll say. I'll check the link you set up.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Seriously, if you're doing that, mention Kyreaan's Final Fantasy 8-Portable idea. It's good just bringing something up just to see what they'll say. I'll check the link you set up.
    Do you mean a side-story thing with Fujin and Raijin, or an actual full PSP remake?

Do you mean a side-story thing with Fujin and Raijin, or an actual full PSP remake?
    I was getting at Fujin getting a side story game with Raijin. My alternative would be a full PSP remake like previous ones in the FF series.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

no, i don't want, because i think they S.E also change the story line, the recent final fantasy 8 is done well by S.E for me.

All is One.One is All. Who wants a FF8 Remake? Firefly's Avatar

In some ways..I want a remake but in other ways..I dont.Seeing better graphics...ehh idk...I really don't care about better graphics.So,..I guess I won't be asking for a remake..FF8 was a masterpiece and I think it is perfect the way it is : )
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

.::Scytheclone::.

I'm kinda torn between wanting a remake or not. FFVIII was my my first FF and probably my favourite, although the graphics weren't that good by today's standards I didn't mind much coz I wasn't playing today lolz. The thing with a remake is that they would definitely update the graphics, which would be alright I guess, but, most of the magic of the game was in the graphics. For me the bits were Zell would get angry and show his fists or start shadow boxing or "swatting flies" as Seifer would call it, would be ruined in there comedicness(?) if they were in HD. (HD is what you guys are all talking about, right?)

Anyways, If they were to remake it I'd really like it if they added good voice acting, a few new dungeons, more spells, and maybe an online feature for Triple Triad with more cards.

SHOW MEH THE PETISHUNNNN!!!!

The petitions are very open-ended anyway -- the terms are just guidelines. I'm definitely with you that graphics aren't as important in 8, but just because things go high quality doesn't mean that the quirks have to get thrown out. Zell can shadowbox just as well in hi-def.
    @Kyreaan: Try sticking your ideas on the FFREMAKE forum or emailing the site owner, I don't want to take credit for them
    no, i don't want, because i think they S.E also change the story line, the recent final fantasy 8 is done well by S.E for me.
    Why would SE change the storyline? They didn't seem to as far as I know in the DS remakes -- in fact, look at how fantastic the FFIV one was because it was ported to a more advanced console! The storyline couldn't have been half as interesting or the deaths nearly as meaningful without the voice acting (not to say it wasn't a good game originally)

Juppiter Adept Who wants a FF8 Remake? TheNiteAngel's Avatar

That would be the greatest thing evar!! Well, except I would probably fail next semester. Anyway, in terms of realism, it's pretty low on the list. While I love the game and would like an update, I bet it'd be a while before they would if at all. Maybe once the graphics for Final Fantasy like XVIII have been far outstripped they'll make it a PS5 Classic... But interms of remakes, FFIV Afteryears looks cool as a continuance of story but I think real money could be had in a full 3D remake of FFIV. Keep the story but totally overhaul graphics and general mechanics
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

If they remade this game that would be great but personally I would still prefer a FF7 remake.

FFIV remake would be great, though I can live with the DS one for a little while. No matter which is your favourite, petition away....campaign..........show SE we care! Who knows, one could already be in the works for PS4!

Since you mentioned that, I think it would hit the PS Vita before touching a BC PS4. I could also see it done with similar CG as the movie scenes. The graphics already on UMD are great. That's why I would say that. It would be more a question of how many remakes you think they'll make.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

I guess I wouldn't mind if they stuck it on the Vita.........but I just feel like, since we've waited so long for remakes, it would be nice if they came out as advanced as possible.

Juppiter Adept Who wants a FF8 Remake? TheNiteAngel's Avatar

I guess I wouldn't mind if they stuck it on the Vita.........but I just feel like, since we've waited so long for remakes, it would be nice if they came out as advanced as possible.
    Ya know that's what I'd really like to see. I'm all about playing each game at least once in the format that it was originally released in because I want to experience the real evolution of the series, but I would like to see game remakes come out that are not just re-releases on a new format, but add new content that makes sense, not just an addition for the sake of addition. And to rehash the story for a new generation of gamers to enjoy, but with the gameplay mechanics and graphics modernized.
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

Quote Originally Posted by DrLeonhart View Post
    ...I would like to see game remakes come out that are not just re-releases on a new format, but add new content that makes sense, not just an addition for the sake of addition.
    Here here. Well said. That was nicely done in FFT: WOTL (PSP).

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:

I do, but not until FF7.

Registered User Who wants a FF8 Remake?

I wish they added more new game+'s to the final fantasies so that it give it better re-play value.

Quote Originally Posted by FFGamer86 View Post
    I wish they added more new game+'s to the final fantasies so that it give it better re-play value.
    Why not expansions? Or added content?

Registered User Who wants a FF8 Remake?

nothing wrong with that either. are you saying you dont play a game again once you beat it? definitely final fantasy. i'd like to be able to have extra benefits on a 2nd playthrough.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast