Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite party line-up

What is your favorite party line-up

Hello guys and girls- FF9 being my favorite game I thought I would do my first post here- I usually have Zidane Garnet Vivi and Steiner seems to work best for me, I would like to use Freya more but she never keeps her place for the whole game, What is your usual line-up.

Re: What is your favorite party line-up

I use every possible line up. Mainly with Quina because Blu Mages are overpowered and underrated.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Do the elements trust you? What is your favorite party line-up bahamuts heir's Avatar

vivi zidane garnet and freya are always and i usaully have steiner in there too
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Cool, I am near the end of a playthrough so I might level up Freya Amarant and Quina just for some variety in Memoria, no Eiko though shes annoys me.

Lol so you don't want to level up the superior white mage because she is annoying? Good luck with no Full-Life.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I play to my to my preferences, it's not like you cant complete the game without full-life now is it.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What is your favorite party line-up Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I use every possible line up. Mainly with Quina because Blu Mages are overpowered and underrated.
    Couldn't agree more. Quina is probably the most useful character in the entire game, beside her/him I also use Zidane (obviously), Garnet and Vivi. Even tho Eiko is superior white mage I still prefer Garnet, her summon ability (Odin) help's a lot especially while I'm grinding.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

.............. What is your favorite party line-up smurphy's Avatar

I usually have Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner as that usually is the best balanced lineup. Though if im feeling particuarly adventurous i will have Zidane, Viva, Quina and Eiko. Which doesnt work out too well in Oeilvert as i found out in my most recent playthrough(completely forgot about the magic barrier).

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up

Once I get all the characters available for me to choose, I usually go for this lineup: Zidane, Eiko, Vivi, and Amarant.

You have to have Zidane in your party, but even if you could switch him out, I would keep him anyway. He's got speed and power, which is two things that I really like about him.

I choose Eiko over Garnet, because I'm a weirdo and actually like her as a character. Also, even though she doesn't learn as many summons as Garnet, the ones that she does learn are good enough for me. I never really use summons anyway.

Vivi has teh black magics, and powerful ones at that. Also, he's adorable. Why wouldn't you want him to stick around in your party?

I choose Amarant because he's a powerhouse, and his throw ability was useful to me when I was up against Necron. Sometimes, I would put Freya or Steiner in the mix in place of Amarant, but I most usually have him in my team.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

For me Zidane Vivi and Garnet are a must, the fourth place could be anyone really, down to personal preference i suppose, I've got Amarant in for the mognet central side quest at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    I usually have Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner as that usually is the best balanced lineup. Though if im feeling particuarly adventurous i will have Zidane, Viva, Quina and Eiko. Which doesnt work out too well in Oeilvert as i found out in my most recent playthrough(completely forgot about the magic barrier).
    That magic barrier is a pain in the back side, first time I played it (going on 10 years ago now) I took vivi garnet and a weak freya, i got whipped lol.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared What is your favorite party line-up The Dark Crystal's Avatar

At the beginning of the game my party consisted of Zidain, Vivi, Dagger, and Stiner, which was my favorite party of all! Towards the end i was forced to change Stiner for Eiko which i was glad i did!
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Praetor of New Yevon What is your favorite party line-up Icemaush's Avatar

I've always gone with Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Steiner. Zidane because he's freakin' awesome! And I have to use him... >.> I find Vivi's black magic really useful and the same with Steiner's magic sword abilities. For some reason I've always felt that Garnet is a must have, probably because of her role in the story.

I'll probably try a new line-up when I start a new game. Freya and Quina look like they'd be fun to use.

Blog Entries

I liked using Zidane, Dagger, Steiner and Freya. Eiko was a good white mage, but I felt more compelled to keep Dagger in the party. Though Quina had some decent blue magic, I never took the time to have her learn the good stuff. That, and her attack damage is always inconsistant. Amarant was cool but he came into the story too late for me to want to have him in my main party. Vivi was just baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I basically used everyone but Quina except for when I has using him/her to eat so I could get all his/her techs. When it was serious biz I used Zidaine, Dagger, Freya, and Steiner because Steiner and Freya's techs whoop ass. I used Eiko when I felt she was needed for Full-life or Maiden. I tried to avoid using summons too much because after a while your attacks faster and do the same amount of damage, I don't like watching through long animations all the time, that's why I didn't use Vivi that much unless I had too. Amarant was a "If I feel like it" person I'd swap in.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I personally love using Garnet, with the extra long summon animations with Regen, why even heal.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Zidane77's Avatar

My best party is Zidane,Dagger,Steiner and Freya.

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! What is your favorite party line-up ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

The party I use most of the time in Final Fantasy IX are Zidane, Garnet, Steiner, Amarant, though time after time I do subsitute Amarant for Vivi.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

The Lone Dagger What is your favorite party line-up Xithor's Avatar

Even though I liked Garnet as a character she just wasn't the best White Mage so my party at the end of my game was:

Zidane, Eiko, Steiner/Freya, and Vivi/Quina.

Quina is very underestimated but I saw just how powerful s/he was when I tried to play through at lvl 1.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Go with me, Exkaizer~ What is your favorite party line-up Treize's Avatar

I usually used Zidane, Vivi, Dagger, and Eiko. Occasionally I might switch out Eiko for Steiner or Freya.

I liked Dagger more than Eiko, so I figured that I would just go with her. All of the bosses are easily beatable with Dagger instead of Eiko, so I figured why should I play with a character that I don't like as much?
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Tantalus Member of Lindblum What is your favorite party line-up True Zidane's Avatar

I personally use Steiner as a powerhouse, him using Ragnarok. For healing purposes, I use Eiko. As a thief, obviously I use Zidane, him also being a secondary powerhouse. And I use Quina, because everyone thinks little of him. (Frog Drop is Godmoud, and so is the Gastro Fork)

My typical party in the game is Zidane, Amarant, Eiko, and Quina.

Even though you have to have Zidane in your party, he has a good combination of speed and power.

And Amarant is just a huge powerhouse that seems to be on never ending fuel.

I have Eiko for her sweet abilities as a White Mage. I would have Dagger, but she's more of a Summoner, and I rarely ever use Summons.

And Quina can do some good damage with Blue Magic once he finally learns it.

Be a pal and level my adoptables!

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Discordius's Avatar

I tend to include Vivi, Quina and Freya. Eiko and Amarant are also frquent.
    I say I prefer Zidane, Amarant, Vivi and Freya.

Mmm been a while since I played FFIX... I need to replay it after VIII and X (halfway through each of them haha. I'm so weird I know...)

But if my memory serves me right I always liked Zidane, Garnet (gotta keep them together ^~), Vivi and Freya....

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Satrus's Avatar

my favorite party line up is Melee people 1st then the mage and priest

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

Zidane, Freya, Eiko and Vivi. Zidane is an awesome fighter and one of the best all-around members of the party. Freya can be as effective as him if developed enough, plus she has Reis' Wind and White Draw. Eiko is the best healer and seems to have a wider variety of white magic than Dagger. And Vivi's huge arsenal of offensive spells speaks for itself. When I need a party with more muscle I'll switch him out for Steiner, but otherwise those four are perfect for me. Not coincidentally, they're also my favorite characters in the game...

The Lone Dagger What is your favorite party line-up Xithor's Avatar

@ + Revenant +
    I was waiting for you to post something about the team that you've been using Revenant, been enjoying reading your synopsis as you progress through FFIX.

@Satrus
    Priest? By that I assume you mean a white mage but there are two available to use in the game (Garnet and Eiko). There also are four melee characters (Zidane, Freya, Steiner, and Amarant) as well as two mages (Vivi and Quina). Maybe a little more specificity would answer who exactly is in your group.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Zidane, Dagger, Steiner and Quina.

Zidane is great and so is Dagger, her spells have saved me against some hard fights. Steiner for the attack and Quina is just so useful at times.

My favorite party lineup is: Zidane, Dagger, Freya, & Amarant. By the end of the game, those were the characters I'd used the most.

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Amarant.

Even if I had a choice, I wouldn't take Zidane out. He's you know, my kinda guy. Smooth, fast, strong. His trance attacks are the best too.

I use Garnet because I always keep the love interest in the main party. It was strange having two of the same jobs in the game. Eiko just seemed less useful although we all know it's not true. haha.

I use Vivi because... well, his spells do super damage no matter what. If I use Steiner or Freya, I have to worry about them missing, or not being able to do a lot of damage to a character, but Vivi is always super powerful.

Amarant is a must, because of his unique abilities. His throw attacks are pretty sweet. Chakra is one of the most ass-saving abilities you can get... Oh, and his No Mercy attack is a kamehameha wave. The game creators musta been watching DBZ marathons or something. haha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast