Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is your favorite party line-up

Re: What is your favorite party line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Master Garland View Post
    My favorite part line-up is Zidane(even if I could switch him out before Memoria I would not he is just to powerful) Garnet, Vivi, and Freya or Quina.

Zidane has over the top stats and the very useful Soul Blade skill and Theivery his Trances are great for most of the game.

Garnet has very great stats and with 99 of all summon stones that power up her Eidolons does 9999 easy with all her summons and instantly kills minor enemies about 80% of the time( great for Yan killing) with Odin if she has high magic and 99 ores. Not to mention her butt is nice to look at when she gets done summoning.

I'll continue later...... I need to drive to the store real quick.
    Wow these are all great strategy's Mr Garland, I agree with you on Daggers effectiveness she is one of the best, good damage and defense, is it possible to get Eiko's summons this strong as well?

I usually switch up teams to keep leveling different people etc, but if I was gonna pick my favs I'd pick Garnet, Zidane (cuz most of the time you have to), Steiner, and after that its a hard choice, I would pick Vivi, and I do use Vivi a lot, but when it comes to who I prefer more in combat I'd go with Freya, she casts the auto regen spell, plus she had Dragon Crest, hey I know Vivi's great with auto reflect but... You can't heal or buff your characters... Which sucks and makes white magic useless, so without these strategy's Vivi's reduced to summoning meteors... That's why I'd pick either Freya or Armarant cuz they have solid attack power, but with frog drop Quina's not so bad but.... I'm just not a huge fan of Quina...

Anyways on a side note I loved Chrono Cross for party management, so many awesome characters....

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic What is your favorite party line-up Master Garland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FF9isthebest View Post
    Wow these are all great strategy's Mr Garland, I agree with you on Daggers effectiveness she is one of the best, good damage and defense, is it possible to get Eiko's summons this strong as well?

I usually switch up teams to keep leveling different people etc, but if I was gonna pick my favs I'd pick Garnet, Zidane (cuz most of the time you have to), Steiner, and after that its a hard choice, I would pick Vivi, and I do use Vivi a lot, but when it comes to who I prefer more in combat I'd go with Freya, she casts the auto regen spell, plus she had Dragon Crest, hey I know Vivi's great with auto reflect but... You can't heal or buff your characters... Which sucks and makes white magic useless, so without these strategy's Vivi's reduced to summoning meteors... That's why I'd pick either Freya or Armarant cuz they have solid attack power, but with frog drop Quina's not so bad but.... I'm just not a huge fan of Quina...

Anyways on a side note I loved Chrono Cross for party management, so many awesome characters....

Sorry to say but Eiko's summons don't have the damage potential that the lovely Garnets does. However Eiko is awesome for setting up a full party reflect with Carbuncle which can greatly strengthen Vivi's spells. Not to mention if you have 99 Phoenix Pinions in your inventory there is a 38% chance that your party will be revived when they all die. Her Madeen summon can deal consistent 9999 damage for the most part.

By the way Vivi's Flare has more power than Meteor so if you have Reflectx2 then cast Flare on himself it will always bounce off and hit the enemy for 9999 damage. The ara tactic I mentioned earlier is also great for making Vivi a cheap 9999 damage dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Garland View Post
    Sorry to say but Eiko's summons don't have the damage potential that the lovely Garnets does. However Eiko is awesome for setting up a full party reflect with Carbuncle which can greatly strengthen Vivi's spells. Not to mention if you have 99 Phoenix Pinions in your inventory there is a 38% chance that your party will be revived when they all die. Her Madeen summon can deal consistent 9999 damage for the most part.

By the way Vivi's Flare has more power than Meteor so if you have Reflectx2 then cast Flare on himself it will always bounce off and hit the enemy for 9999 damage. The ara tactic I mentioned earlier is also great for making Vivi a cheap 9999 damage dealer.
    Yea that sounds pretty good, does Vivi use reflect or is that a white mage ability? I haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure but I know you could just turn on auto reflect, I do that a lot at the beggining cuz vivi is the best at the start.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic What is your favorite party line-up Master Garland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FF9isthebest View Post
    Yea that sounds pretty good, does Vivi use reflect or is that a white mage ability? I haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure but I know you could just turn on auto reflect, I do that a lot at the beggining cuz vivi is the best at the start.
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been hanging around GTP forums lately and playing lots of Gran Turismo 1&2 as well. To answer your question though Reflect is a White Magic spell, but you can just Summon Carbuncle and set full-party reflect in one turn.

Fantasy

my part line ups always consisted with anyone but amarent{no matter how much i tried i just could not get myself to keep him}. my most usual line up is and im a huge magic user, zidane{would swap fro quina if i could}
    garnet-just like her and a good healer lol
    eiko-love the move holy and phoenix has gotten my ass out of so much trouble especially with ozma
    vivi-super super powerful, loved his charachter and was just all around very nice.
    as you can see i love magic and use it constantly and yes of course that means my mp usage is nasty but w.e i love it still. it just puts the fantasy in final fantasy to be able to use magic, but i must admit in recent years im moving towards less magic and more melee

Favourite as in "best" is a no-brainer:

Zidane, Quina, Freya and Amarant

is by far the best party. Charge Amarant's overdrive and ANY boss in the game will be a snap, since you can cast Regen and Auto-Life on ALL characters as soon as he's hit. Due to his high HP, he'll survive most attacks, so if Ozma casts curse, you can use Aura again..

Quina can also cast Auto-Life, as well as other useful spells, such as White Wind, Magic Hammer and Angel's Snack.

Zidane, Quina and Freya all are guaranteed to deal 9999 points of damage every turn. Amarant can also do serious damage with No Mercy, Throw or Spare Change.

Favourite as in "the ones I like the most" would probably be:

...would be...

I don't know actually. I tend to pick the hot chics, so I guess Garnet would be in the line-up. Beatrix as well if she was a playable character. But other than that... Well... I like blue magic. And though I hate his character, Amarant has pretty fun abilities too. So I guess I'd pick:

Zidane, Garnet, Quina and Amarant

I frakin' love Steiner. I was never so keen on Vivi, I never really enjoy using dedicated magic characters as I'm always really miserly with my MP so I like a character who can attack physically as well as cast (I'm aware that that's stupid but hey, call me stupid I guess) but I usually had him in because Magic Sword is hella-useful. I also love Quina, which would normally round off my party!
    I like to use all the characters though, because I like them all. This ends up being quite annoying because it means I never really get a chance to properly focus on anyone so they all end up underpowered.
    I really need to rethink my FF strategy... :s

Star of the FF Show What is your favorite party line-up Rising Star's Avatar

Well I Usually mained Vivi,Zidane,Garnet,Steiner

Vivi and Garnet were amesome with their magic so was quina but didn't like his character and steiner with his shock,stock break etc he was really strong
    I Liked Freya but She seemed 2nd in power in comparrrison to Steiner in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    Well I Usually mained Vivi,Zidane,Garnet,Steiner

Vivi and Garnet were amesome with their magic so was quina but didn't like his character and steiner with his shock,stock break etc he was really strong
    I Liked Freya but She seemed 2nd in power in comparrrison to Steiner in my opinion
    Your opinion is wrong. The three characters you're naming are actually the three weakest characters in the game. However, I tend to use them from time to time as well, mostly because of their connection to the story.

Freya is much stronger than Steiner. These two can't even be compared.

The White Wizard of Fynn What is your favorite party line-up Mindu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Brett View Post
    Your opinion is wrong. The three characters you're naming are actually the three weakest characters in the game. However, I tend to use them from time to time as well, mostly because of their connection to the story.

Freya is much stronger than Steiner. These two can't even be compared.
    I guess Rising Star and I are missing the same thing here. It's been a few years since I last played, but I remember preferring Steiner over Freya because Ragnarok dealt more damage than Kain's Lance, and Shock always dealt 9999. When Steiner was under Trance, normal physical attacks with Ragnarok equipped would also do 9999. Then again, maybe it's because the battle system was slow and I never had the patience for Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindu View Post
    When Steiner was under Trance, normal physical attacks with Ragnarok equipped would also do 9999. Then again, maybe it's because the battle system was slow and I never had the patience for Jump.

Well, since both of you are mentioning Ragnarok (by the way, Freya's best weapon is Dragon's Hair), I assume that you don't just rush through the game and in that case Freya is a lot better if you know how to use her. All you need to do is to kill 100 dragons througout the game, which you very well may do by accident. After that, Dragon's Crest will ALWAYS deal 9999 points of damage against ALL opponents, including Ozma.

Shock is a physical attack that won't even work on Ozma unless you collect those friendly monsters first, and it requires 46 MP instead of 16... Freya also have some useful spells such as Reis's Wind, White Draw and Dragon's Breath, which allows you to deal 9999 points of damage to all enemies.

Star of the FF Show What is your favorite party line-up Rising Star's Avatar

I Haven't played it ages i'm busy with FF6
    Although i found Vivi quite a strong character

The White Wizard of Fynn What is your favorite party line-up Mindu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Brett View Post
    Well, since both of you are mentioning Ragnarok (by the way, Freya's best weapon is Dragon's Hair), I assume that you don't just rush through the game and in that case Freya is a lot better if you know how to use her. All you need to do is to kill 100 dragons througout the game, which you very well may do by accident. After that, Dragon's Crest will ALWAYS deal 9999 points of damage against ALL opponents, including Ozma.

Shock is a physical attack that won't even work on Ozma unless you collect those friendly monsters first, and it requires 46 MP instead of 16... Freya also have some useful spells such as Reis's Wind, White Draw and Dragon's Breath, which allows you to deal 9999 points of damage to all enemies.
    It's been many years since I played; I was only 13 the last time I did. Needless to say I didn't have much patience for experimenting with Freya's abilities. The only one I ever used was Reis' Wind in the fights with Beatrix. But seeing as you're saying this I'll be sure to give her more time when I play this again.

I thought I had already posted my preferred lineup in this thread but looking back I apparently haven't. In Memoria I used Zidane, Eiko, Steiner and Vivi, switching Vivi for Amarant against the final boss. Zidane would do decent damage with Ultima Weapon, whereas Vivi and Steiner's most powerful abilities were effective against the Four Fiends. I didn't use summons that much, and remembered Eiko being the superior White Mage with Double White, Holy and Full-Life. Amarant, being a Ninja, was always going to be great against the final boss by being able to Throw some of the most powerful weapons. Although from what Brett has said, a properly trained Freya is better than Steiner.

Sleipher

My favourite is Zidane Cina Blank and Marcus... just kidding xD

Seriously though my favourite lineup is:

Zidane (cause he is strong can steal and is unchaingable)
    Dagger/Garnet (Cause i like her eidolons better than eikos)
    Vivi (cause he is da black mage BAWS)
    Steiner (because he is a powerhouse and with Vivi he is even more powerful)

btw if you got Vivi and Steiner in the team and Vivi is in trance shouldnt Steiner be able to use dbl black?

Registered BRUISER What is your favorite party line-up Nidogod's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Zidane, Freya, Quina, Amarant (if I could remove Zidane for Eiko I would)

Zidane - Useful throughout the game because of steal, but ultimately I find him boring and Thievery is his best ability and only chance at 9999, but takes a lot of work to power up.

Freya - Being a dragon knight is badass in itself, and Freya's ultimate weapon can be uncovered pretty early if you're doing Chocobo H&C. Jump is always useful, especially during trance and with the high jump ability, and Dragon's Crest can be powered up to do 9999 in no time at all (cheap mp cost as well).

Quina - Sooooo unbelievably underrated! Mighty Guard is pretty much the best defensive ability in the game. Angel's Snack is also a godsend (so to speak..) against enemies that have annoying full party status moves. White Wind is great HP healer, level 5 Death takes out Grand Dragons making Freya's Dragon Crest powering easier, Earthshake and Twister are fantastic elemental attacks, and if you take the time to catch about 200 frogs, Frog Drop will do 9999 consistently at the cost of almost no MP.

Amarant - It's annoying how long you have to wait before you can really use him consistently. His physical attack is strong, No Mercy is stronger, Chakra is a great MP healer, Revive works better than life since it restores a killed party member to 2/3 life, and Aura casts auto-regen and auto-life on a character - great if you can't afford to give that character those abilities.

So yeah, I use the offbeat characters. If I could remove Zidane I'd have the superior healer in his place for Holy, Dispel, Esuna, and Phoenix, but as it stands 3 of my 4 characters have useful healing spells that when used in tandem are more than enough to keep the team alive.

The theme is that everyone is a jack-of-all-trades, and everyone can dish out a consistent 9999 with no heavy MP requirements.

zidane,freya,vivi, and garnet

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Sheechiibii's Avatar

Usually I try to revolve my party round so that they all get equal levels and abilities. My favourite is: Steiner/Vivi/Dagger/Zidane or Freya/Vivi/Dagger/Zidane. I prefer Dagger to Eiko and I like Zidane's abilities, Vivi is a must for his amazing black magic and I like to have Steiner with him for the black knight skills (or whatever they're called) but I like Freya's abilities too.

Xx..xX

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Elementalist What is your favorite party line-up IcyJJ's Avatar

Zidane, really only because I have to, my least favorite main character of all the FFs.

Dagger, decent healer and summoner, but at least can do some attack damage once she has a decent racket.

Freya, her dragon magic is a great support and need another attacker. Steiner is just too annoying for me.

Vivi, black magic at its best. I like this little guy and when in trance, does amazing damage.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

I don't play with my favourite Characters (well, not all of them) I mainly play with the party I think to be the most balanced: Zidane, Vivi, Eiko and Steiner.

Chocobo Queen What is your favorite party line-up Katpuss's Avatar

For me you can't beat Zidane, Steiner, Vivi (cute, cute) and Garnet.
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

Registered User What is your favorite party line-up Gemini_Gunzman's Avatar

After playing through this game 10 times, my primary party usually consists of Zidane, Eiko, Quina, and Steiner.

I prefer Eiko over Garnet because I like to rely on Holy for damage, which is comparable to Garnet's summons as a means of damage. I also like to have the option of dispel (especially against Necron, when he uses that nasty shell/protect combo). Other abilities like Full-life and regen make battles much easier against bosses and/or enemies when you are under leveled. When looking at summoning, Eiko, in my book, is just as great as Garnet, if not greater, with Carbuncle and how it can cast haste, reflect, vanish, and protect on the entire party, depending on the stone accessory that is equipped to Eiko.

Steiner has always been one of my favorites because of the powerful sword-art abilities: Shock, Climhazzard, and Stock Break. In an Ozma scenario, I would switch out Steiner for Amarant, but for everything else, I always use Steiner.

Zidane is a pretty awesome main character and someone who you should never be upset having in your party, considering that he can (potentially) deal max damage with thievery and his Dyne abilities. Also, he definitely has a way with the ladies, which, to me, is pretty awesome in a character

It is not even funny how much Quina can aid you to victory against the many monsters in the worlds of Gaia and Terra. Angel Snack, Limit Glove, Mighty Guard, Bad Breath, and Frog Drop have easily tilted battles in my favor throughout FFIX and contribute to Quina's greatness as an underdog.

SolidPete

Even in Dissidia I think Zidane is one of the best characters because of his movement and speed. But in Dissidia he feels really weak. Do the moves between the two have any real similarities?

Shake it like a polaroid picture What is your favorite party line-up RagnaToad's Avatar

I suppose the 'best' line-up would be the characters that have skills that you can train to always hit for 9999 damage, no matter what the enemy and its characteristics are.

Personally I'm not a fan of the summoners because you run out of MP fast if you use the heavy spells on a regular basis. Same goes for Vivi sometimes.

I like skills that do some reliable damage and can be used a lot. That's what I love about Zidane's 'Thievery', Freya's 'Dragon's Crest' and Quina's 'Frog Drop'. Not only can you make them do 9999 damage all the time, but they don't really use up a lot of MP. Of course you don't get to do that much damage with those skills for a big part of the game.

My favourite party would be Zidane, Freya and Quina, and then either Steiner or Amarant. Although I like Vivi too, despite him being a caster.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 08-04-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3