Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What did u find the most annoying???

The Persistent Flourish What did u find the most annoying??? Alice's Avatar

Re: What did u find the most annoying???

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I also found Steiner's loyalty to the Queen and how she can do no wrong - the unquestioning loyalty (a.k.a., unquestioning servitude) to be annoying as I'm more for having an independent thinking mind. But good Ol' Rusty got better as the game progressed.
    Okay then, I lied, there was something else that annoyed the hell out of me. That person was Steiner and for the very same reasons. That and his constant distrust of Zidane. Okay, you don't like the guy, we get it.

Yeah, he did get better sometime in Disk 3, but he just plain pissed me off before that.

Do the elements trust you? What did u find the most annoying??? bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quinas tongue
    lol but that thing bugged me
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

The card tournament on disc 3, I never played cards and had such rubbish cards I lost them all, ah well I won in the end but it still got on my nerves after ff8s card game which was easier to play.

Registered User What did u find the most annoying??? Zidane77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamjr67 View Post
    The card tournament on disc 3, I never played cards and had such rubbish cards I lost them all, ah well I won in the end but it still got on my nerves after ff8s card game which was easier to play.
    You get a Rebirth Ring for winning it, it's not that hard to play.
    Just need a little practice

Tsuna Feesh What did u find the most annoying??? Fate's Avatar

I can't remember many things right at this instant, but I do remember that I hated that place where you couldn't use magic. Was it Oeilvert or something? Anyway, White Magic was my main source of healing throughout the entire game, and I couldn't heal there unless it was with items, et cetera. Yeah, I kept dying the first time I went through it. <<

(Though, I forget, you pick who to take along at that part, right? Guessing that's why no one picks the mages.)

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Time to take control... What did u find the most annoying??? Serah's Avatar

The Evil Forest and Ice cavern - I despise that part of the game :|
    Don't know why I just hate doing it, every time but other than that, FFIX was the 1st Final Fantasy I played so I think it will always be my ultimate favourite
    Wishes aren't enough, prayers either ... I'm making a promise ...

Finding this place a little dull... What did u find the most annoying??? xTidus's Avatar

There was nothing annoying about the game. It was perfect. =)

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

Let's make it rain. What did u find the most annoying??? Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riot_boi656 View Post
    what did you think was the most annoying thing about this game and why???

for me it would have to be the dessert castle....i got so lost and i couldnt figure out where to go for like a whole 3 hours untill my friend actually told me where to go
    I forget where and when it happens, but it might be disc three, I never leveled up the fat cook, I forget her name that's how worthless he/she/it is, IMO. But, anyway, your team gets split and somehow i ended up with just her, low level, and stuck. I couldn't get anywhere... I was stuck. That was years ago, if I were to play it out I would evenly level everyone out and spend more time on it. I'll do that soon. =] That's the only "annoying thing" about that game, but really it was my fault, not the games, so it's all good.

^ lol it's Quina.

Something else that bothered me was when you have to leave Freya ans Steiner behind at Alexandria Castle, It wouldn't have been a problem if members not in your party leveled up regardless as you did, like in FFVII. You get them back later after the queen dies, and by that time you've leveled up so much that it takes a good amount of training to get then to catch up -_- I think Freya was like level 12 when I got her back.... it's like common really?

That's about the only thing I can think of that really bothered me.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Mogmatt

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    ^ lol it's Quina.

Something else that bothered me was when you have to leave Freya ans Steiner behind at Alexandria Castle, It wouldn't have been a problem if members not in your party leveled up regardless as you did, like in FFVII. You get them back later after the queen dies, and by that time you've leveled up so much that it takes a good amount of training to get then to catch up -_- I think Freya was like level 12 when I got her back.... it's like common really?

That's about the only thing I can think of that really bothered me.
    Agreed. Steiner gets the bit in Alexandria (which I think is there purely so he can play catch up), while Freya just gets stranded on level 19. It's a bit disappointing that you couldn't play as Freya/Steiner/Beatrix while the rest of the Party was eating stew in Madain Sari, like when you get to play as Steiner/Garnet/Marcus near the start of Disc 2 - keeps them relevant and so they don't fall behind (Actually, did we ever find out what happens in Alexandria after you leave them behind?)

Other then that: Trance sucks, it always seemed to go off right at the end of a battle against some random encounter, the abilities were pretty lame - Garnet's Trance was useless until halfway through Disc 2 (and even then it didn't do much, and when she gets depressed she can't trance it all); Quina's is useless when fighting a boss/an enemy you've already eaten once before - sometimes it worked well, like when Eiko, Zidane and Vivi all tranced at the the same time against Trance Kuja, but there was no real strategy to it, it just sort of happened sometimes. Also, it took to long to build up the meter.

Another thing is that, in Disc 3 and 4, the characters lose a lot of their personality. It turns from characters each with their own agendas (e.g, Zidane looking for Garnet, Vivi looking for more information on Black Mages, Freya trying to save her Kingdom, Quina eating stuff, Steiner protecting the princess and Garnet trying to help her mother) into "Let's follow Zidane as he defeats Kuja!" "YEAH!". It just got a bit dry after getting the Blue Narciss. It least the characters had personalities to begin with, unlike FFVII. Also, I liked the linearity of the first 2 discs, the game was a lot more character based, and it made just exploring a city and talking to people a joy, even NPC's had their own personalities.

Other things that tick me off - Quina just leaves once you meet Eiko, obviously so they don't break the party limit, but it isn't explained very well (or at all). There weren't enough cool bosses (compared to, say, FFVII), the only character bosses were Beatrix, Lani, Kuja, Garland (sort of) and Zorn/Thorn, I'm sick of fighting dragons. Plus the bosses didn't have enough HP/awesome attacks, I think 65k was the max HP a boss had. And there weren't enough items, I figure there weren't any items that do specific elemental damage to keep with the class system, but an X-Potion wouldn't hurt.

Other then that the game is amazing, my favourite in the series.

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy What did u find the most annoying??? KainsBro's Avatar

The only thing I found incredibly annoying was the card game, it seemed so damn random! I didn't win very much, even when I had good cards! Plus, the # limit sucked! I think FFVIII did the card game better! In FFVIII you could refine your cards. Changing them into items or other stuff. I wish they could have done some of that stuff in IX! Other than that, I loved the game, one of the best, if not the best!

Go with me, Exkaizer~ What did u find the most annoying??? Treize's Avatar

Yeah, I found the card game to be really annoying too. I don't know if I just never fully understood it or what. I didn't really make much sense to me. I also found the chocobo hot and cold game annoying sometimes when I was trying to get a chocograph, and it sometimes took forever to find one. It was fun, but it got annoying if I was looking for something in particular, and it would take forever. I guess it was annoying that you couldn't use Beatrix more often, but I eventually got over it.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

The Lone Dagger What did u find the most annoying??? Xithor's Avatar

I actually really enjoyed the card game haha didn't understand the letters too much but I was able to have fun with it and collect the majority of the cards.

The thing that bothered me was in fact the guide, not very helpful at all in helping to do all the little things like finding all the cards, getting the chocographs and all the little side quests that you could do. No great places to level or things like that. I ended up having to go online to find side quest help when I got stuck.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Registered User What did u find the most annoying??? Pendulous's Avatar

Yep, the original guide and the card game that seemed so random.

Quina's blue magic system was a pain, and I generally never used him/her.
    "Sworn enemies...take that! Sky dragon slash! you shall be defeated!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yep, the original guide and the card game that seemed so random.

Quina's blue magic system was a pain, and I generally never used him/her.
    Yeah me either and that destroyed me later in the game, the fact that I was stuck with IT. Ahaha. I hate that character so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    Yeah me either and that destroyed me later in the game, the fact that I was stuck with IT. Ahaha. I hate that character so much!
    Best Character in FFIX it is.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

if you mean when you have to fight that skeleton man thing, as long as you get Quina's white wind and have an accessory that constantly has float on both Zidane and Quina you shouldn't have too much of a problem. I never really use him/her but I managed it with this :|

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Best Character in FFIX it is.
    You lie. Bahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by _-*Serah*-_ View Post
    if you mean when you have to fight that skeleton man thing, as long as you get Quina's white wind and have an accessory that constantly has float on both Zidane and Quina you shouldn't have too much of a problem. I never really use him/her but I managed it with this :|
    I was young when I played it last, I'll pick it up after I beat the others I'm working on, and beat it. But all I remember is the party splitting and Zidane is stuck with Quina. Back then I wasn't sure what spells did and I really don't even know how I managed to get that far but, I'll beat it. Promise. =]

I was young when I played it last, I'll pick it up after I beat the others I'm working on, and beat it. But all I remember is the party splitting and Zidane is stuck with Quina. Back then I wasn't sure what spells did and I really don't even know how I managed to get that far but, I'll beat it. Promise. =]
    Yea it is the bit I thought lol I remember when I first played it and I got to that part its so frustrating lol!!

I miss IX so much I need to find it again :|

SURFS UP!!!!! What did u find the most annoying??? Unknownangel's Avatar

People who are talking to much, or to loud close to my ear...MY EAR IS FRAGILE YOU KNOW!!!!..... -_-
    Surfs up baby!!!

#1 Edge & Rydia Fan What did u find the most annoying??? Confessor's Avatar

Eiko to me was a useless character except for her Phoenix summon and the way her pants were. Seriously look at a picture of her. It's pretty sick. Quina was worthless....who cares about an it looking for frogs. Bah.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What did u find the most annoying??? Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor View Post
    Quina was worthless....who cares about an it looking for frogs. Bah.

Her/His story was of no importance with that I'll agree but Quina is by far the most useful and yet again most underrated character in the entire game. If you cared to teach Quina every magic available you'll realize that she/he has the best set of magic, as blue mages always do. She/He was my key character in victory against both Ozma and Necron, though I must add that Necron was a joke with Quina in my party.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Her/His story was of no importance with that I'll agree but Quina is by far the most useful and yet again most underrated character in the entire game. If you cared to teach Quina every magic available you'll realize that she/he has the best set of magic, as blue mages always do. She/He was my key character in victory against both Ozma and Necron, though I must add that Necron was a joke with Quina in my party.
    Me too, his/her 'twister' and 'auto-life' blue-magic was a life saver for me in the last 3fights! 'twister' especially because it was the only wind based magic my characters had! and one of Necron's weaknesses, I must admit, I couldn't be bothered catching 99frogs to get Quina's ultimate weapon it was just too much hassle getting his bistro fork at 45 or however many it was lol but you don't particularly have to go out of your way to get all his blue-magic's if you know which monsters to eat! But his 'attack' is abit random - what determines how much damage he inflicts? because sometimes he could match Zidane's damage and others he would take very low numbers off :S

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What did u find the most annoying??? Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _-*Serah*-_ View Post
    Me too, his/her 'twister' and 'auto-life' blue-magic was a life saver for me in the last 3fights! 'twister' especially because it was the only wind based magic my characters had! and one of Necron's weaknesses, I must admit, I couldn't be bothered catching 99frogs to get Quina's ultimate weapon it was just too much hassle getting his bistro fork at 45 or however many it was lol but you don't particularly have to go out of your way to get all his blue-magic's if you know which monsters to eat! But his 'attack' is abit random - what determines how much damage he inflicts? because sometimes he could match Zidane's damage and others he would take very low numbers off :S
    Same here, never had the patience to collect 99 frogs but then again I never used Quina for offensive purposes so I didn't even try. Quina was my support character alongside Garnet, using spells such as Angels Snack, Mighty Guard, Magic Hammer, Auto life and such.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Lullaby_Singer_Cali

Lol! No contest on this one. The most annoying thing was when Dagger lost her voice. I mean seriously! Every time she 'couldn't concentrate' I wanted to pass the controller through the tv screen. ha ha! also it was annoying when Freya and Steiner were out of the party for a long time after the attack on Alexandria. I like using Freya but levelling her up after that moment is just a pain in the rear. ya know? But hands down i hated the whole silent Dagger thing.

Ispen's Castle, I was wondering why my best weapons were doing so little damage. Made the boss fight in there a lot longer than it should've been. Later I looked at a guide on Gamefaqs and found that I had to use my weakest weapons. Which explained why I was finding my character's starter weapons.

Than there was the Final boss: Necron. I fought this guy for the first time two days ago, and god damn was he hard. His ridiculously fast attack rate and his really annoying attacks like Blue Shockwave and Grand Cross tore into my party. It took me four tries before I've finally beaten him. Steiner was in Trance mode and tore into the son of a bitch. When he was finally defeated, I was shouting and yelling obscenities at him.

Another thing I found annoying (not nearly as annoying as the last two) was the Trance system. For me Trance activates during random battles a lot. So I can't use them during boss battles where I need them the most unless I spend some time bringing the bars up again. Still, it's not as bad as the previous two I mentioned.

Other than that, the game is near perfect.

Registered User What did u find the most annoying??? Zidane77's Avatar

Well this game used to be my favorite of all times and still is one of my favorite games but there are few things i would like improvement on for a possible remake or prequel/sequel (things that were annoying):

-Slow battle mode
    -The Excalibur II side-quest
    -Complicated card game (at least i've never gotten it fully, VIII was so much simpler)
    -Amarant in party (when they're could have been Beatrix or Lani for example).
    -Should've been more of a story, including the backround of many characters and also more of the Tantalus gang.
    -More scenes of Dagger & Zidane.
    -A teleport spell (as it's incredibly annoying to go through the whole Memoria over and over again.
    -Extremely easy enemies/bosses - the only hard ones are Osma and the Yans (which are just counter nutballs).

Those things are something i thought could've been a lot better and hopefully they will be

Everyone needs a savior What did u find the most annoying??? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

desert palace and fossil roo it took me forever to find out that i had to go to the bottom right to get to the final gargant
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Yeah Fossil roo.

And Stieners stupid Face...these is absolutely nothing redeeming about this character, and that he gets Beatrix only ferthers the frustration.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What did u find the most annoying??? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

-The Excalibur II side-quest, or whatever the one is when you have to get to memoria in 9 hours or something lol

Ispens castle pissed me off o.o

And the lack of expression in the card game, and the "young" graphics.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast