View Poll Results: Who's your personal fav?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zidane

12 22.22%
  • Dagger

5 9.26%
  • Vivi

18 33.33%
  • Steiner

4 7.41%
  • Freya

11 20.37%
  • Eiko

3 5.56%
  • Amarant

1 1.85%
  • Queena

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vote for your favorite FF9 Character!

Vote for your favorite FF9 Character!

Just like it says, I may make separate threads for male and females but right now its just all around best on both sexes.

My favorite by the way is Vivi, when it comes to character, story and emotional attachment Vivi is easily my fav, Garnet would be second because she's so beautiful and its hard not to feel for the damsel in distress... Everyone else is good to, some of my other favs are of course Zidane, and Steiner, Freya's good to, the others would follow Eiko, Quina, and Amarant, honestly I wanted to like Armarant, and he plays well, but his story was just a competition with zidane and not much more...

Also Lani was cool, Beatrix, and the moogles, plus garland seemed strane and mysterious always kinda wondered about him. And Kuja, well nobody really likes Kuja but you do feel some slight sympathy for him towards the end.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Master Garland's Avatar

Re: Vote for your favorite FF9 Character!

Quote Originally Posted by FF9isthebest View Post
    Just like it says, I may make separate threads for male and females but right now its just all around best on both sexes.

My favorite by the way is Vivi, when it comes to character, story and emotional attachment Vivi is easily my fav, Garnet would be second because she's so beautiful and its hard not to feel for the damsel in distress... Everyone else is good to, some of my other favs are of course Zidane, and Steiner, Freya's good to, the others would follow Eiko, Quina, and Amarant, honestly I wanted to like Armarant, and he plays well, but his story was just a competition with zidane and not much more...

Also Lani was cool, Beatrix, and the moogles, plus garland seemed strane and mysterious always kinda wondered about him. And Kuja, well nobody really likes Kuja but you do feel some slight sympathy for him towards the end.
    I also love Vivi; he has great character development and is very powerful in the game mechanics department as well. However my vote went to the lovely as well as succulent princess Garnet. I love her as a person she has good character development and I love her personality. She possesses a strong resolve and a strong desire to protect those that she loves and cares about. Not to mention she is drop dead sexy with her curvaceous hips and butt and pretty face. She also has a wide array of summons to cast consisting of all elemental attributes.

Geez, isn't anyone else going to reply?
    Last edited by Master Garland; 06-03-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! nickness89's Avatar

Definitely Vivi for me. I've always favoured magic over melee (I wish magic was real sometimes )

Also, he is so very small and dinky ... sooo cute

I want my own little Vivi.

I feel for him throughout his storyline, as he seems to feel inadequate, but is actually very powerful. Kind of like when an ugly child grows up to be pretty, but still feels ugly.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

It was hard to choose from the main four (Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and Vivi), but I went with Zidane, with Garnet a very close second. So close, her's and Zidane's spot could easily be changed around. Zidane was just a fun character, especially when compared to the super serious Cloud and Squall from the games before. He was very useful in battle, too. His Thievery ability is incredibly useful if you power it up. Garnet, on the other hand, she was a great character. Down to earth, beautiful, nice and just loveable, in my opinion. I felt she made the game what it was.

Passing fair judgement Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I went with Vivi, he was the only character who really didn't annoy me. Plus he's a powerful magic user, and magic is invaluable in FF.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Lord Deity of Harmony Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Elyon Seraphim's Avatar

I'd go with Steiner as my favorite, He's just royally good in combat and a damn godbless to the game, I seriously think the game would be 60% more uninstresting without this fellow.

And you gotta love how he walks and jumps when he's frustrated!

*CLANK*
    *CLANK*
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

.............. Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! smurphy's Avatar

I went with Vivi because he is probably one of the most complex characters in the whole series. As well as being just so damned likeable.

But outside of that list I would choose Blank and Puck. Puck being a good counterpoint to Vivi personality wise but also his backstory. And regarding Blank, whats not to like about someone who sacrifices themselves, but who is also a little cynical, which made Blank a good counterpoint to Zidane and his womanising.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Registered User Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! grims sakura's Avatar

I voted for Garnet. Even for being the pampered princess, she's not daft. She tries to initiate a kidnapping to get to her uncle only to find out he's already had that in mind. She's going through all of the stuff she does, NOT because she needs a change of scene or she's tired of being the princess. She does it for the woman she thinks is her mother. When her mother passes (due to her own greed, if I remember correctly), she gives her mother a proper burial, and still respects her, even after all the woman has done. She then takes up the reigns as queen. She keeps herself from the group because that's proper.

I love the rest of the characters as well, and feel that the story would be lacking without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyon Seraphim View Post
    I'd go with Steiner as my favorite, He's just royally good in combat and a damn godbless to the game, I seriously think the game would be 60% more uninstresting without this fellow.

And you gotta love how he walks and jumps when he's frustrated!

*CLANK*
    *CLANK*
    Not to mention he's a tactical bread and butter.

Well so far Vivi is winning.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Master Garland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickness89 View Post
    Definitely Vivi for me. I've always favoured magic over melee (I wish magic was real sometimes )

Also, he is so very small and dinky ... sooo cute

I want my own little Vivi.

I feel for him throughout his storyline, as he seems to feel inadequate, but is actually very powerful. Kind of like when an ugly child grows up to be pretty, but still feels ugly.
    I also prefer Magic over physical attacks. Logically speaking a huge wave of powerful burning Fire would be more powerful than a gun shot or sword cut anyway. Also Magic attacks just look awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Garland View Post
    I also prefer Magic over physical attacks. Logically speaking a huge wave of powerful burning Fire would be more powerful than a gun shot or sword cut anyway. Also Magic attacks just look awesome as well.
    Except in FF8, where gunshots and swords cause more damage.

Except in FF8, where gunshots and swords cause more damage.
    That is true to a certain extent. In FFVIII the damage formulas are this...

/ = Divide, ^ = Squared, * = Multiply.

NOTE: Power value for a non critical attack is 20; 40 if critical, and 30 for Gunblade critical(pulling trigger)

Physical Damage Formula:

1. Attackers Str^2 / 16 + Attackers Str = Step = Damage Step 1
    2. Damage 1 * (265 - Target Vit) / 256 = Damage Step 2
    3. Damage Step 2 * Power / 16 = Total Base Damage

Elem attack will affect this with resistances or weaknesses etc.

This means with 255 str and vit 0 on enemy Squall pulling the trigger will do ~8000 damage or 5500 if non critical other characters will do 9999 with criticals.

Magic Damage Formula:

Casters Magic Stat + Spell Power = Damage Step 1
    Damage Step 1 * (265 - Target Spr) / 4 = Damage Step 2
    Damage Step 2 * Spell Power / 256 = Total Base Damage

Then you got to factor in elemental weaknesses or resistances etc.

This will show that with 255 Magic and Spr 0 Flare(spell power 48) will deal ~3500 damage single casted 7000 doubled and 10500 Tripled. Ultimaspell power 80) would deal ~7000 damage single casted to all targets 14000 doubled and 21000 tripled. Meteor(spell power 20 * 10 Meteorites) is the big damage dealer it will deal ~14000 single casted 28000 doubled and 42000 Tripled and what not.

When comparing Physicals to Magic Physicals are only stronger if you do not Double or Triple cast Magic. However Meteor and Ultima are still better even without Triple casting them.

So as far as overall damage per turn potential in FF8 Magic will come out on top.

That is true to a certain extent. In FFVIII the damage formulas are this...

/ = Divide, ^ = Squared, * = Multiply.

NOTE: Power value for a non critical attack is 20; 40 if critical, and 30 for Gunblade critical(pulling trigger)

Physical Damage Formula:

1. Attackers Str^2 / 16 + Attackers Str = Step = Damage Step 1
    2. Damage 1 * (265 - Target Vit) / 256 = Damage Step 2
    3. Damage Step 2 * Power / 16 = Total Base Damage

Elem attack will affect this with resistances or weaknesses etc.

This means with 255 str and vit 0 on enemy Squall pulling the trigger will do ~8000 damage or 5500 if non critical other characters will do 9999 with criticals.

Magic Damage Formula:

Casters Magic Stat + Spell Power = Damage Step 1
    Damage Step 1 * (265 - Target Spr) / 4 = Damage Step 2
    Damage Step 2 * Spell Power / 256 = Total Base Damage

Then you got to factor in elemental weaknesses or resistances etc.

This will show that with 255 Magic and Spr 0 Flare(spell power 48) will deal ~3500 damage single casted 7000 doubled and 10500 Tripled. Ultimaspell power 80) would deal ~7000 damage single casted to all targets 14000 doubled and 21000 tripled. Meteor(spell power 20 * 10 Meteorites) is the big damage dealer it will deal ~14000 single casted 28000 doubled and 42000 Tripled and what not.

When comparing Physicals to Magic Physicals are only stronger if you do not Double or Triple cast Magic. However Meteor and Ultima are still better even without Triple casting them.

So as far as overall damage per turn potential in FF8 Magic will come out on top.
    Yea but come on man you think most players are gonna go that route, interesting setups tho..

Yea but come on man you think most players are gonna go that route, interesting setups tho..
    What set-ups are ye talking of here? You mean about the Triple Casting Magic and all that good stuff? If that is the case yeah most people do not bother with that but I like to use magic in FFVIII. As a matter of fact I'm the Magic advocate for FFVIII on the Gamefaqs boards as well I am known as I_Love_Orlha on that site. I just get annoyed when I see people say that in FFVIII Magic is ineffective when in all reality it is very powerful when used right. Did you know that Triple Casting Firaga(spell power 35) on a Snow Lion(fire does 2.9x damage to them) when you have 255 magic will deal around 22500 damage!
    Last edited by Master Garland; 07-15-2011 at 11:20 PM.

All is One.One is All. Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Firefly's Avatar

Vivi wins my vote! I loved him from the start of the game till the end.Don't rly have reasons why,but I love Vivi!Lol
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

What set-ups are ye talking of here? You mean about the Triple Casting Magic and all that good stuff? If that is the case yeah most people do not bother with that but I like to use magic in FFVIII. As a matter of fact I'm the Magic advocate for FFVIII on the Gamefaqs boards as well I am known as I_Love_Orlha on that site. I just get annoyed when I see people say that in FFVIII Magic is ineffective when in all reality it is very powerful when used right. Did you know that Triple Casting Firaga(spell power 35) on a Snow Lion(fire does 2.9x damage to them) when you have 255 magic will deal around 22500 damage!
    Yea but its just so easy to use aura, still I find your strategy's interesting and it might be fun to do while I level up eden who is my last gf to level up.

Yea but its just so easy to use aura, still I find your strategy's interesting and it might be fun to do while I level up eden who is my last gf to level up.
    Yeah using Aura and abusing Limits can be fun but for my style of play just don't do so most of the time. How fun leveling up Eden that is is it just me or does it seem to take longer to level Eden than it does for the other Guardian Forces?

Yeah using Aura and abusing Limits can be fun but for my style of play just don't do so most of the time. How fun leveling up Eden that is is it just me or does it seem to take longer to level Eden than it does for the other Guardian Forces?
    I think that's cuz you get it last.

I think that's cuz you get it last.
    Indeed that may be the reason but it also seems as though it's exp just simply grows slower than the rest as well.

Indeed that may be the reason but it also seems as though it's exp just simply grows slower than the rest as well.
    Yea it does, but by then most of my characters are maxed anyway so anything is a good excuse to keep playing.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! RagnaToad's Avatar

The characters I find the most interesting in the story must be Zidane and Vivi. Most playable characters in FF IX were really round characters, and the background stories for these two were really great.

The character I enjoy most using in battle is probably Steiner. I'm a sucker for swords.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    The characters I find the most interesting in the story must be Zidane and Vivi. Most playable characters in FF IX were really round characters, and the background stories for these two were really great.

The character I enjoy most using in battle is probably Steiner. I'm a sucker for swords.
    Yea and Steiner was quite possibly the best for solid, fast damage... Only drawback was his massive mp consumption. By the way man I saw ClockWork orange when I was like 8 man, it ****ed with my mind!! Now it looks pretty weak compared to other films but back then it was a mind trip.

I will save the world Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Hero without a Name's Avatar

I like zidane because although he was always trying to get with Dagger, he helped Vivi out a lot and at the bottom line he was always try to help people, and also he had a pretty BAMF quote when talking to garland (spoiler alert). Garland mentioned to Zidane that he was actually made to be an angel of death to kill those in Gaia, and after talking to him he replied with....I AM the new angel of death! Yours!

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post

I kinda agree with you, exept that Vivi doesn't really have such a backstory. The only characters to really have a backstory are Zidane, Garnet, and to some extent, Freya and Amarant. The other 4 don't really have one (though I still like 'em)

TFF's Resident Messenger Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have switched back and forth between each of the characters, that I don't really have a favorite favorite. Right now, though, I feel that Eiko is my favorite. Her summons may not be gigantic creatures, but they still pack quite a punch. And to be able to summon at such a young age. I believe she is the youngest character to summon. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

That guy. Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Hot Shot's Avatar

Steiner all the way. He's just so funny and his armour clanking just adds to his character.

Fueled by Coffee Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Elise's Avatar

I voted for Vivi, I find his search for himself and identity very inspirational, it gave me a lot to think about. I replayed the game again a couple of months ago and the life/death/existence themes offered through Vivi were still gripping for me. I agree that he is one of the most complex characters ever created.

Second for me is Zidane, the events in Pandemonium and how he finds himself are just epic, they made him! His friendship with Vivi is one of the best friendships! Garnet is among the top too, I like her development and transformation from being too princessy into being a strong person and I love how she is not too dependent on the main male character like other female characters in the series.

apriCat

Vivi, he's genuine and the cutest thing ever.
    I just fell in love with him immediately ^^

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Xanatos's Avatar

I usually go with Kuja, but since he's not listed I'll have to chose Zidane. Love his attitude, Zidane's not afraid to say who he truly is, in fact he's proud at what he does. Optimistic, brave, lighthearted, chick magnet, personality of a true hero, most probably the best protagonist in Final Fantasy franchise, then again, not really hard to accomplish when his biggest competition includes a gay emo, wannabe lone wolf, and blitzball player on ecstasy =D (jk.)

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast