View Poll Results: Who's your personal fav?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zidane

12 22.22%
  • Dagger

5 9.26%
  • Vivi

18 33.33%
  • Steiner

4 7.41%
  • Freya

11 20.37%
  • Eiko

3 5.56%
  • Amarant

1 1.85%
  • Queena

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vote for your favorite FF9 Character!

Registered User Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Roz's Avatar

Re: Vote for your favorite FF9 Character!

I like Vivi's personality. He's so polite and kind, and I like his character development, how he comes out of his shell and learns more about himself and life.

I really like Steiner too. He's great comic relief at the beginning of the game, being so uptight and clanking wherever he goes. I liked that he became good friends with Zidane in the end. And of course, Steiner + Beatrix is .

All in all, I've always been a fan of black mages and like them most in battles, so I chose Vivi between the two. It was a tough choise. D:

Everyone needs a savior Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like Zidane and i agree with Xanatos i think he is the best protagonist of the series. and to comment on the whole FFVIII magic deal i just like to have my magic at 100 so i dont use spells that often in other games though such as X, IX, and especially VII (the three games i play the most) where mp is involved i use magic all the time almost more then physical attacks in VII cuz anybody can use magic from the begining of the game if you have the materia.

but to get back on track here i love his attitude and when i was growing up i watch DBZ alot so the whole him having a tail was just awsome

Edit: also where is the love for amarant and quina? geez lol
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! KainsBro's Avatar

Zidane is the best Lead Character, I just love his personality! And the fact that he did all he could to help, even when there wasn't any real reason to...

Registered User Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Zidane77's Avatar

Zidane definetly, then Vivi and then Dagger.
    Best character combination in a video game ever

Registered User Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Sheechiibii's Avatar

Freya's my favourite. She goes through so much and stays strong. HEr story is really inspiring and sad.

SPOILER!!:
    And for her to search for her lost love for so long, thinking he was probably dead but not able to let him go. Then she finds him only to learn that he cannot remember who she is, that all they've been through together and the love they shared is lost from him. And instead of staying with him, instead of spending all her time loving him and showing him who she is, she selflessly continues her journey to help Zidane and Dagger save the world, something that is not her responsibility and when she has so much else to do in her life, her home has been destroyed, her lost love has forgotten her and instead of despairing she stays strong and fights with her friends for the good of others instead of herself.

And she can fight, she's so strong and jump saved me so many times.

Xx..xx

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Catalana's Avatar

I usually go with Kuja, but since he's not listed I'll have to chose Zidane.
    Same for me " Do we need a reason to save someone ? " I think his personality is well summed up by his favorite quote ;p

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Catalana's Avatar

Plus I wanted to choose Kuja --' Unfair !

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

The King of Blitz & Modding Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Jecht's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catalana View Post
    Plus I wanted to choose Kuja --' Unfair !
    we're two.
    i was to choice my Kuja, but i don't see him :/
    SPOILER!!:
    because i like him, and my girlfriend like it, and i call her Kuja LOL

in simple words:

Kujalicius♪

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post

i was to choice my Kuja, but i don't see him :/
    SPOILER!!:
    because i like him, and my girlfriend like it, and i call her Kuja LOL

in simple words:

Kujalicius♪
    Funny fact, Kuja means bitch in my native language, Croatian. Basically, you're calling your girlfriend a bitch this entire time without her even knowing it
    Last edited by Xanatos; 06-06-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The King of Blitz & Modding Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Jecht's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Funny fact, Kuja means bitch in my native language, Croatian. Basically, you're calling your girlfriend a bitch this entire time without her even knowing it

Does it look like i care?
    for me still Kuja mean other thing, maybe for mean that, but i'm not of that country so, why care?

like the same with my one:
    In japanese "Jecht/Jekuto/ジェクト" means "PROJECT" textually. so she call me "project" every time.

now returnin' at the post!
    wounder why they don't add him :/

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Xanatos's Avatar

Does it look like i care?
    for me still Kuja mean other thing, maybe for mean that, but i'm not of that country so, why care?
    Take it easy, I was just messing with you, man, don't take it seriously. It was a "joke", a bad one, but a joke nevertheless.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

TFF's Resident Messenger Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    And "to" (Swahili), "alley" (Finnish), and "hammer" (Polish).

Off-topic EDIT: I have played GTA too often lately. Because I just thought if you were to put these four versions together...

Kuja (Polish) kuja (Croatian) kuja (Swahili) kuja (Finnish).

you get...

Hammer B-Word to alley.

Sorry about that. On to the rest of my post.

wounder why they don't add him :/
    Because I don't think it is possible to add more choices to the poll once the thread has been made. Besides, the person who created the thread is permanently banned. It's not like he would ever be back here to change it.

On topic though, go Eiko! Woo! She'll take her flute and whoop you upside your face!
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 06-06-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Evil Michael Rears His Head
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Mystyrion

I initially thought it would be harder to choose a favorite character, this being one of my favorite Final Fantasy's

But personality wise.
    Dagger's logic seems dumb at times.
    Zidane is to upbeat for me.
    Steiner reminds me of a kid at work. One that I particularly don't like.
    Vivi probably has one of the most engaging back stories in the game, but there is one that I like better.
    Queena is just..... well.... yeah.
    Armarant, never used him, never paid attention to any scene he was in.
    Kuja's quest for power is entertaining to say the least. He's a little off the deep end for me though.

Which would leave Freya
    Her back story, is just as dramatic as Vivi's, but more depressing, more emotional. Things that I like (don't ask my why I like depressing things, I'm not at all a depressing person). Losing her nation, losing her lover, it just draws me in.

Scholar Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Kyrel's Avatar

I'd go for Freya on this one. She is probably the most mature and can rely on herself; whereas Vivi not as much. If not, I'd vote for him.
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?

Registered User Vote for your favorite FF9 Character! Cry For Garnet's Avatar

Favourite FFIX Character

Garnet is far and away my undisputed favourite character in the whole of the Final Fantasy Series. First of all because she is so unbelievably beautiful, I know a lot of people prefer Yuna, Rinoa or Tifa, but for me Garnet is a cut above the rest, both in her soothingly gentle face and also how her costume excentuates her beautiful body. This, in tandem with her delicate personality, the gentleness of her speech, her kindness, her ability to forgive, this all inspires and brings out emotion in me in a way that no other final fantasy character does. The epitomy of how I feel this way is in how she sings the 'Song of memories'. This song is the song of childhood and indeed of my entire life, what i'm about to say will sound very cliche and fake but I assure you it is not. This song had an unbelievable effect on me in my teenage years when i suffered from servere depression following my parents divorce, this was during a time when I had seriously considered suicide In my times of need I would put this song on my stereo, curl up in a ball, listen to it and cry my problems away, even today, years later, I still do this sometimes, and for this reason, Garnet is my favourite character, for saving me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2