Thread: Anyone end up with lots of extra magic?

Anyone end up with lots of extra magic?

I started playing again, but I'm only training everyone to boost stats. I was wondering if anyone ended up with any extra magic? since I pretty much Drew all the magic I could, there's still not enough space to split all of it between between my main party. It's pretty much all the weaker magic, or the ones I don't use like cure, silince, blind, Confuse Zombie, ect. Since I set everything up like this: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...anization.html All of the magic Drawn would go to Squall and then I would split it between him and Irvine. All of the left over magic that I didn't use or had too much of would go to Zell.

I only junction the higher spells now so I just transfer the useless magic to a person I'm currently not using in my party or Zell since I only have him Draw, but I don't think I can get rid of it unless I use it all -_-;
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-24-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I make everybody Draw by themselves, everyone has their own Magic. When I'm starting to draw higher levels of Magic I use the GF skills to change level 1 spells to level 2, and level 2 to 3 later on.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I make everybody Draw by themselves, everyone has their own Magic. When I'm starting to draw higher levels of Magic I use the GF skills to change level 1 spells to level 2, and level 2 to 3 later on.
    everyone has their own magic, but even if I had them individually Draw there'd still be some magic I wouldn't use, there's not enough space for all the types of magic. I could have just ignored those specific spells when I started the game, but I can't now I already have them. Refining them to higher magic won't work because I have 100 of the magic I'm not using and 100 of the higher magic it refines to -_-
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-24-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Oh that is what you mean, yea normally you are going to have magic you don't use to junction.. In the end yea I had 100 fire or other spells, so? Nothing wrong with that, just think of it like Vivi in IX, at the end of the game he can still use Fire.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

.............. Anyone end up with lots of extra magic? smurphy's Avatar
    The only option is to use the higher magic. Put it in these terms. When you use firaga you are actually using 5 firas or even better 25 fires. Or like me just move it to characters you dont use.

Well, I'm a idiot so I'll just make it class based. I'll just give someone all the white magic and make them a white mage so forth so I don't really have to get rid of anything.

I thought that it was kind of stupid that there isn't enough space for one person to hold all types of magic, but I guess that's so you can customize everyone to your liking. Since this is my first file, that I ever used I didn't know there was not enough space for one person to hold every type of magic. I ran out of space towards the middle of the game, thought it was pretty lame lol
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 01-24-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Registered User Anyone end up with lots of extra magic?
    I'm like you. Once I started getting all the -aga magic (Curaga, Firaga, etc.) and got maxed out on those, I would just leave all the weaker magic spells to all the party members that I don't really use, that way I could refine more poweful spells if I needed to.

Also, I never really used any of the status effect spells, unless it was Aura and a few others that boosted my characters' stats up, so a lot of those went to the party members that I didn't use as well.

So, yeah. I had a ton of leftover magic.

EDIT:: Gypsy, you're not an idiot. In fact, that seems like a really interesting way to play. I never thought about giving one character certain spells and make my own classes. That would probably give this game the challenge that is kind of lacking if you played it that way.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 01-24-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post

EDIT:: Gypsy, you're not an idiot. In fact, that seems like a really interesting way to play. I never thought about giving one character certain spells and make my own classes. That would probably give this game the challenge that is kind of lacking if you played it that way.
    you can thank Loaf for that one ;P

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

That is how I play any FF really. Also if you play VIII like that, you can also make it more challenging and try and stay the lowest level possible. On the very first file I had where I played like that, I just finished Space and Squall was barely around lvl29, everyone else was lower.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

The Persistent Flourish Anyone end up with lots of extra magic? Alice's Avatar
    I use the wonder that is called "Junction Exchange". One person's GFs and Magic swap with another's.

Basically, I get Squall, Zell and Selphie at the start of the game(Seifer's magic goes over to Selphie, I believe). I junction spells on them and blah blah blah...

...Then I get Rinoa and I cannot use Selphie because I selected Zell to come with me after the Deling Train mission. Rinoa is weak. Selphie is not.

Junction Exchange time!

Selphie is weak. Rinoa is not.

I've always played it out like this on every FFVIII playthrough. It hasn't annoyed me once ever. Yeah, I do know Ultimecia selects three random characters in the final battle. I just either let the weak ones get killed off or have some ability like Kamikaze equipped on them so they can die and get replaced by a stronger party member AND still do some damage.

As for the extra magic if they ever come by, I dump them with a character that I am not currently using. Then when I need to use that character, I use Junction Exchange...what's the matter with someone you're not going to use have pointless spells?
    Last edited by Alice; 01-25-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Re: Anyone end up with lots of extra magic?

When I want room for stronger magic I just off load my rubbish magic to my reserve characters plus keeping certain spells (water) is good for like fighting enemies weak aginst it such as Jumbo Cactuar.