Thread: started ff9 again

started ff9 again

haven't been able to enjoy games much these days and felt a lot like gaming is dying so decide to go through a final fantasy game! I always heard 9 is one of hte best but i never got into it cus the story felt slow, also the random encounters are twice as long as other FF games cus the camera does a flyby of the enemies and the characters like 3 times before combat actually starts lol.

i hear it has some really deep plot stuff so gonna try to finish it through this time. I played it like 3 times all together and always quit around after you leave lindenburgh castle, I just landed in the airship at lindenburgh castle now actually last time i played ff9 was like 3 years ago o.o dont remember much of it at all but it feels nice and new and fun so far

every time i saw the cutscenes with the airship i would sing the ff7 airship song
    Last edited by Future Angel; 02-16-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    hey

I moved your thread from General FF to FF IX, in case you wonder why it's here.

Glad to hear you're trying to beat the (in my opinion) third-best FF again.
    Actually, I started replaying it a few days ago, too. I'm not far into it (about two hours), and I really hope I'll stick to it this time. (Tried replaying it a few years ago... I'm just not the type of gamer who replays games. Most of the times I just want to see a special cutscene again and then stop playing the game. Fortunately, my favorite cutscene is one at the end of the game. xD)

If you like, tell us how you like the game! Maybe I'll catch up with you in a few weeks

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Bananarama started ff9 again Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is actually a game that I've been wanting to play over for about 15 years. I beat it once, liked it, and every time I got a feeling to play it again, I'd bail and play something else. I really want to beat Ozma, because that guy always just embarrassed me. Shit, now I want to play it again, as well as FFVIII.

I also want to make a "perfect" game, where I get everyone as maxed out as possible, with all weapons and skills developed, which would be the exact opposite of the other goal I have, of getting Alexander II.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I moved your thread from General FF to FF IX, in case you wonder why it's here.

Glad to hear you're trying to beat the (in my opinion) third-best FF again.
    Actually, I started replaying it a few days ago, too. I'm not far into it (about two hours), and I really hope I'll stick to it this time. (Tried replaying it a few years ago... I'm just not the type of gamer who replays games. Most of the times I just want to see a special cutscene again and then stop playing the game. Fortunately, my favorite cutscene is one at the end of the game. xD)

If you like, tell us how you like the game! Maybe I'll catch up with you in a few weeks
    cool what are your favorite 2 FF games? for me its 7 for story and X for "fun".

will see if 9 can beat them as i play through

Im losing weight playing final fantasy/other single player games =| i used to be big into MMO games, (star wars the old republic) but i would spend most of my day at the computer and I gained a few pounds which is sad cus Im a pretty athletic guy, but with FF/other single player games I take breaks more often and dont have to deal with jerks, less stress, more fun, happier carefree stress free life = win win

made myself a tenet to never go back to MMO games and to limit time on the internet, doing great with just these 2 changes
    hey

FFIX has some deep things just like every Final Fantasy

People just look at it and get mad because the cast is half Teenagers and children and the rest are 21, 26 and 33 and then the old 89 year old Quina. This game has it's youngest characters Vivi who is technically like 6 months old in the game but looks 9 and Eiko is 6.

Anyways, I'm actually planning on finally doing the Excalibur II run to which is basically the last thing I have to do in this game besides the new Side Quest.

Pete, don't be embarrassed, I still believe Ozma is the hardest Super Boss in any Final Fantasy due to the way of the fight. Ozma has this spell called Curse which I've seen do roughly 2.2k-5.5k damage to your whole party. I hate that spell, but what makes Ozma hard I believe is every time you input a command, it automatically forces Ozma's ATB to be full and his command goes before you, even if Ozma just castes curse, you react with a Curaga on Everyone, well he just decided to cast curse again before Curaga goes off. If you're unlucky like me sometimes, that Curse dmg did 5k both times. gg (ill add that you want to cast your skills during Ozma's animations/before heal/dmg is done.

all in all it's my favorite FF game and I love it so much.
    Last edited by loaf; 02-17-2015 at 12:00 PM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Cool I just finished disc 1 and am on disc 2 now on burmicia, starting to get more into it, i really like the FMVs

SPOILER!!:
    whats up with kuja? is he supposed to be like sephiroth? his music is just like sephiroths music and so is his look/style. lol

~ AUTO-MERGED POSTS ~

im thinking the main reason people have trouble getting into 9 is how the characters all are "weird animal things".

though im slowly getting into it... at first i was like

then the game went

that part cracked me up so much i had to fraps it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-cb_tFLDw

im slowly starting to get attatched to the characters....i hope that they treat steiner better, i feel a lot like him cus everyones always telling him to shut up and he will probably die single. same with vivi though i hear u can get him married, though its prolly better to stay single than marry a person like quina. (i read about that a while ago when i was trying to learn more about vivi)

so far the games been pretty cool i like, stories with themes about how its better to die, but if it starts pulling pro-life crap like FFX, ill be sad panda.
    Last edited by Future Angel; 02-17-2015 at 06:45 PM.
    hey

Just keep playing.

SPOILER!!:
    Kuja is different and develops different.

I'm starting my playthrough trying to finish Disc 1 in 3 hours.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Yanqui UXO started ff9 again charliepanayi's Avatar
    How on earth is FFX pro-life *confused*
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    How on earth is FFX pro-life *confused*
    It has quite a few pro-life themes, 1 example is when Auron is like "now we choose if we want to die and be free from our suffering or continue to fight for spira" or something like that. which is alright in a video game world, but irl its much better to call it quits when you know there's no hope. Lady Yunalesca was right, it would have been better for Spira to destroyed, than to continue the cycle of grief forever - fundamentally the same concept in Buddhism.

FF7 also had a similar theme, before the AC stuff the general consensus for the game's ending was that the planet decided human beings are too damaging and wiped them off. AC is not canon as far as I am concerned.
    hey