• Without Scar

6 7.89%
  • Don't Mind

9 11.84%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Squall's Scar...

Squall's Scar...

The Ultimate Question of ALL TIME.
    Do/Did you think Squall looks better without his trademark scar…. Or with?

I have a picture of Squallikins without the scar:

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff8/fmvshots...ntro/00019.jpg

And a picture of the lovely man with his scar:

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff8/fmvshots...last/00023.jpg

For me, I’m going to have to say that I do prefer him with the scar. Why?
    I don’t know… I kind of like scars on guys. Not the gruesome sort… but the odd scar is kind of sexy. It tells a story – be it a good or bad one ~^.
    Squall’s is really staring out at you and yet it seems to suit him! Is it just me who thinks that?
    Vote and share opinions <3333

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Squall without a scar would be weird...
    It's one of those things he had when no-one else did.
    I mean really, how many scarred pretty boys were there in jrpgs reaching western audiences before FFVIII? I saw it in the occasional anime, but wasn't used to seeing it in games at that point in time... =D

There's also that it was from something as trivial as a sword fight. The few scarred pretty boys I saw elsewhere it was usually from an explosion or something from their cliched terrible action filled pasts.
    victoria aut mors

The Scar is sexy... he's like the human version of Scar from the Lion King x3 *Giggles foolishly* <_<
    It's kinda weird how when you see him without it it doesn't quite 'work'. It's like Santa Clause milling about without his beard. Wrong. Creepy. Weird...

But you're right Silver, it is his trademark. I just love how he looks hot even after being defaced ^~ Oh if only I were pixels..

and ending the dream.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Squall's Scar... Tallulah's Avatar
    Silver is right; he would look odd without the scar, as we, as players, are so used to it.

Besides, scars can be useful. It burns with an agonising pain when Seifer is close... Whoops, wrong fandom!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Squall's Scar... Xanatos's Avatar
    When you see Squall first you notice is that scar. Because of that scar he looks kinda cool (a little bit more dangerous), and also you see that scar through the entire game and without it Squall would look a little bit strange. As Silver said it's Squalls trademark.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 07-21-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Squall's Scar... winterborn86's Avatar
    Squall wouldn't be Squall without his scar, just like cloud wouldn't be cloud without his crazy chocobo hair do lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Put it this way. When I was little, I was in a car accident and had to have a shard of metal removed from my right arm. It left a few scars. Now, years later, the scars have turned into huge bubbly lumps of scar tissue. Squall's wound in the events of FF8 was still new.

Now imagine Squall in a year or so.

*Shudder

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Good point Chez... it will lose the coloured look and get the bumpy flesh appearence... That isn't a pretty image. So...

While the scar is fresh and pretty I vote for it.

BUT

When it's fleshy I go without ^~.

All in all I still love Squally.

and ending the dream.

I decided to vote for "Without scar". Of course Silver is right and the scar is his trademark - when I first saw a picture of him I instantly realized that he had a scar and that was Squall for me - the FF character with the scar. But it doesn't really look good, if you ask me. :/
    Somehow - and that must sound awfully stupid xD - his face looks so nice without it, the scar's kinda annoying and makes him look strange.
    And you also have to think about the story around the scar. I wouldn't like to have a scar from a fight. If Squall thinks about honor a lot that would be a huge problem, because everyone can see in your face that you've lost a fight. (Okay, he didn't really lose, but it looked as if he lost .-.")

RinoaHeartillyAngel
    In my opinion, he's gorgeous with both with and without scar.
    I agree that the scar is trademark and has a story hidden behind it, but Squall is always Squall! xD
    Even though I don't mind, I have to admit that Squall without a scar is like a Squall that never says "Whatever" ! Weird, huh? xP

Freezing Ring! Squall's Scar... Darkdragoon's Avatar
    Scar by a long shot for me ^^ he look's braver and what not with the scar. he still look's handsome with out and with his scar.

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!

Registered User Squall's Scar... Yesha's Avatar
    He Looks great without scar.. but I reaLLy don't have any probLem with him having his scar.. Mmm.. it just onLy reminds me of his first fight with Seifer.. aLso.. Not reaLLy many main characters of anime and games have a scar.. and having a scar on face reaLLy sucks.. it makes peopLe thinks you're a war freak, bad guy.. etc. it's just my opinion..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

All is One.One is All. Squall's Scar... Firefly's Avatar
    I say with the scar,it makes him look dangerous and sexy (I know,he is a game character).Without the scar,IDK .
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Squall : "Non of y..."

Quistis : "Bitsh..ness!"

P.S. Voted 'don't care'

Asking all the personal questions. Squall's Scar... RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    It tells a story – be it a good or bad one ~^.
    I like his scar because like you said it tells his history and rivalry with Seifer how equally matched they are yet they still try to out do each other.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chez Daja View Post
    Put it this way. When I was little, I was in a car accident and had to have a shard of metal removed from my right arm. It left a few scars. Now, years later, the scars have turned into huge bubbly lumps of scar tissue. Squall's wound in the events of FF8 was still new.

Now imagine Squall in a year or so.

*Shudder
    Wouldn't it depend on the type of scar? I've noticed surgical scars/deep cuts tend to leave the really visible scars, sometimes remaining an ugly pink with translucent scar tissue bubble over the top for years, but shallower cuts tend to leave those ones that go kind of like a white line. As Squall's cut looked fairly shallow to me in terms of how quickly it healed and that it didn't take an eye or half his nose, I'd personally think he'd likely end up with one of those less noticeable ones. I could be wrong, but I do notice a huge difference from where I've only been nicked to where I was somewhat sliced. I'm just glad my face is more or less scar free (just got one covered by hair).
    victoria aut mors

well i don't mind if this hansome guy has a scar or without a scar, besides the artists really did a pretty good job of making him as sooo handsome!! hehehehe so i like him with or without a scar!!

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Nation_Fair
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos-444 View Post
    When you see Squall first you notice is that scar. Because of that scar he looks kinda cool (a little bit more dangerous), and also you see that scar through the entire game and without it Squall would look a little bit strange. As Silver said it's Squalls trademark.
    If you ask me, the scar was a result of him being a n00b. I mean he kinda took the slash across the face like someone who didn't know what he was doing. I didn't see much of an attempt at blocking that. But by the end of the game, he IS dangerous. And no more scars. Wow, I digressed.

I say WITH the scar, just to show that he's not perfect. I hate "perfect" characters.

Ellipsis Squall's Scar... Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    Kupo, Squall got Seifer gooood. Though I don't care, the scar is Squall's trademark, and it makes him look good, though it was made the hard way....
    I say it makes him more Leonhart. >w<

And, just for fun, I found a picture of Bartz from FF5 cosplaying Squall - Dissidia -Getting In-character by *meru-chan on deviantART
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Captain Squall's Scar... scifi1980's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Wouldn't it depend on the type of scar? I've noticed surgical scars/deep cuts tend to leave the really visible scars, sometimes remaining an ugly pink with translucent scar tissue bubble over the top for years, but shallower cuts tend to leave those ones that go kind of like a white line. As Squall's cut looked fairly shallow to me in terms of how quickly it healed and that it didn't take an eye or half his nose, I'd personally think he'd likely end up with one of those less noticeable ones. I could be wrong, but I do notice a huge difference from where I've only been nicked to where I was somewhat sliced. I'm just glad my face is more or less scar free (just got one covered by hair).

I gashed my forehead when I was 2 on a coffee can lid. My mom insists to this day that a simple bandaid would of taken care of it. But my jackass dad and grandmother were too busy having an episode so it was off to the doctor.

I got some stitches and I have a pale white scar. It pretty much matches my skin color and it's up high by the hairline so it's not noticeable too much with my long hair.

I have no memory of the accident. But they said I didn't enjoy it too much.

If I started tanning that sumbitch would probably stand out like crazy on a bacon colored backdrop.

Back on topic. I voted without the scar for personal reasons. I wouldn't want to see that big gash on my face for the rest of my life made by my rival, regardless if I got him back.
    Last edited by scifi1980; 07-23-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Registered User Squall's Scar...
    I chose with the scar. It's kind of his trademark look. Also, guys with scars look awesome (Auron, Saix, Basch, Kratos...I can't think of others at the moment). Gives them more of a tough guy look, and to be honest, Squall could use a little bit of a tougher-looking image.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The scar suits Squall well, i think Squall without the scar from Seifer wouldnt be squall lol it just makes Squall look cool and like you said it is a trade mark of his and its even better that they explain the story of how he got the scar, in many of the FF's they dont explain how some main characters do get there scar

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Statistics thus far conclude that Squall is best loved with his trademark scar <3
    Although I must say... I said with too... but with careful thought I love my Squall whichever way so - either or is good for me too. Mwha <3

and ending the dream.

Squallsgriever
    the scar kinda disguishes him from Seifer, to show how split their personalitys are. They are both on the cover of the game you know? (No Rajin/Fujin Pun Intended :3)

With the scar, everyone knows Squall for having a huge scar over his face, so without it, he'd be nothing

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Griever is junctioned to me. Squall's Scar... Lionhearted's Avatar
    I voted with the scar. without the scar, he would be to similar to cloud. the scar is what distinguishes him from everyone else. It also gives him that battle hardened look, and his method of obtaining it was epic to say the least.

Registered User Squall's Scar... TobiasRainey's Avatar
    Squall's scar looks like at the time it was just healing, so chances are it will disappear completely in time. For now though it looks kinda cool, I mean look at my avatar.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Squall's Scar... TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    Squall with his scar, he would be another Cloud to me if he didn't have the scar. *shakes fist at Cloud*
    In all seriousness though, it made him what he is, the scene the moment and it shows his personality a little as well, he's torn mid game to wanting to save Rinoa and actually caring about people, His face is almost like a shift in his mood if you look at it, first 2disk he didn't really care about anyone just himself, his right side of the face, later on during mid or even 1/4 of the 3rd disk he started caring.. than his feelings and view changed. The scar in his face could represent that than move on to his better life <_< somewhat... spoiler there <_< lol

Protecter of the Crystals Squall's Scar... rydia123's Avatar
    With his scar hahaha

It looks more like squall.
    Haha squall wouldn't be squall without his scar
    Or his gunblade haha
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Banned Squall's Scar...
    When I think of him I think 2 things , gunblade, and that scar, lol. He would just be Mr.Gunblade without that scar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast