Thread: Squall in Dissidia

All is One.One is All. Squall in Dissidia Firefly's Avatar

Squall in Dissidia

Just wonderin if yall liked Squall's voice in Dissidia? I apologize if this is a duplicate thread,my laziness took over.
    ~My answer- In ways I liked it and in others I didnt.It made him sound too tough,kinda.I kinda excepted Squall to maybe have a voice like Cloud's or even Firion.The voice he has is too low for him,lol
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Squall in Dissidia
    I'm not really a fan of Squall to begin with, so I don't really have too strong of an opinion about it. I think that they carried too much of the "lone-wolf" part of his character over into Dissidia, and that's what is affecting the delivery of his lines for me. The lines that he speaks sound too nonchalant, imo, but that's just part of his character.

I get what you're saying about his voice being too low though. He's still a young guy. Around 17 years old, right? It does sound a bit strange to me as well that it would be on the low side like it is.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I agree with topic owner, Squall's voice may be a little cold ( In English patch). But in Japanese patch it's not... how can i say, not too cold like in English. Overall, in game Squall was only 18-19 years old, but his voice made me thought he was over 30 years old )

Squall is pretty much my favorite character in the whole series but his voice is pretty much like i expected it to be like

Registered User Squall in Dissidia Yesha's Avatar
    AtLeat it's not annoying as Tidus' voice.. (LoL! But actuaLLy I Like Tidus voice) anyway.. yeah.. SquaLL's voice is very deep/Low but.. what do you expect from a "lone-woLf", straight-forward and very serious guy..?
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Squall in Dissidia ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Re: Squall in Dissidia

I thought Squall's voice was perfect for him. It made sound tough and cold, which he is in FFVIII anyway. I liked his voice. I also thought it sounded OK for his age too, but that's just me.

I want to play a game. Squall in Dissidia Zargabaath's Avatar

I agree with you Firefly that Squall's voice was too low. In the Final Fantasy games that have had voice acting I feel they have done a good job matching the voice to the character but in Dissidia I have found a few that haven't sit well with me - Squall being an example.

If Squall's voice wasn't so low I think that would have better suited him as the VA did a good job of portraying Squall's disinterest or lack of most emotion.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Do the elements trust you? Squall in Dissidia bahamuts heir's Avatar

Half the time I thought that his voice was stuck in in bass cuz it's way too low, and really he wasn't that much of a loner he was a bit drawn back I the original
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

I feel epic... Squall in Dissidia Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

We can totally blame KH for Squall's voice.

Anyway, I think its a bit too old for him. In KH, Squall was probably 27 or something. But in Dissidia, he's 17. It don't match up, TBH.

But that doesn't mean I hate the voice, or Squall for that matter. Squall has brown hair, which automatically makes him a badass. ^^

Oh well, I would've enjoyed a younger voice, but this is it, and we've got no choice... (I'd still kill for a Japanese voice option, though... >_>)

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

I thought that it was a fairly accurate voice for Squall.

Registered User Squall in Dissidia Zidane77's Avatar

I liked Squall in KH but in this game he sucked. Don't get why it was allowed to make him this bad..
    He was so not cool and the voice was the worst.

The Mad God Squall in Dissidia Heartless Angel's Avatar

He sounded pretty much exactly like I expected him to to be perfectly honest. And really, a voice that low at that age isn't THAT out of the ordinary. I'm only 19, and mine's way deeper than that. Hell, if I talk with some rasp I sound like Jecht >.<
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Air elemental Squall in Dissidia

i actually expected squall to sound like that X3 there were some lines where it didnt suit him but meh, its a spin off

Galbadian Gunner Squall in Dissidia vicentederek's Avatar

The English voice suits his cold and tough demeanor. A perfect anti-social tone.
    You don't need a reason to help someone.
    Final Fantasy Girls

SeeD Instructor Squall in Dissidia theblackmonster's Avatar

at first i thought his voice might have been alittle deep but then it grew on me and i could def see him having a voice like that, it was cold and had a good leadership tone to it

Air from my lungs. Squall in Dissidia Violet's Avatar

I think his voice is fine. I've heard younger guys sounding older before, it's nothing new or unusual. The voice suits him well and matches his appearance and character. As for his age, I don't know if they ever stated it for Kingdom Hearts, but I'm assuming he is older than he was in FF8. In KH, I would say he is in his 20s.
    Just be thankful he didn't sound like Tidus.

Also, am I the only one that would've found it funny if Squall and Seifer encountered eachother in KH? Little Seifer, adult Squall.. *snigger* The tables have turned.
    Last edited by Violet; 03-22-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Paladin Squall in Dissidia Voltaire Adams's Avatar

Did you guys know that the guy who does Squall's voice is Doug Erholtz who also does the voice for Vega in Street Fighter IV?

And Firion is also the second black power ranger, and Chaos will sell you Progresive car insurrance.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    and Chaos will sell you Progresive car insurrance.
    I KNEW he was Evil, but that's even worse than I imagined!
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Paladin Squall in Dissidia Voltaire Adams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    I KNEW he was Evil, but that's even worse than I imagined!
    He's also the President on 24. So...he works for the goverment. Even more evil.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    He's also the President on 24. So...he works for the goverment. Even more evil.
    Evil indeed... at least unlike most government official's, he's at least easy to kill. Sudden Cruelty dodge-cancel spam ftw.

Tortured Soul

When I heard Squall's voice in Dissidia I couldn't help but to laugh! I thought it was too low for him, but I still like it.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Squall in Dissidia Xanatos's Avatar

There were little changes to his appearance, though nothing drastic, it just made him look a little bit younger. They kept his loner personality which I I really like, as for the voice, I think it really suits him, exactly what I imagined.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User Squall in Dissidia Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

I quite liked Squall's voice in Dissidia, his deep voice made him seem even more emo, than he likes to pretend. And also i really like him as a character( In Dissidia) because he's real fast and has balanced magic too, he rules with moves like revolveer drive and renzokuken. I could'nt really imagine him with a softer voice?
    Last edited by Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3; 06-09-2010 at 02:48 AM.

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Squall in Dissidia Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I think Firions voice actor would have fit him perfect, just add his personality to firions voice haha. Though he seemed a little nonchalant compared to the FF8 game itself...

FFVIII ROCKS ND SO DOES FFVII Squall in Dissidia squall_cloud_hpf's Avatar

im a bit embarased to say this but wats disidia
    im sure to blog about this on my site gamesinfoworld. FF ROCKS!!!!!!!

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Squall in Dissidia Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Dissidia is a FF fighting game for the psp.

Eh, the only thing I didn't like was Lionheart. Why did cloud get a super cool, and several omnislash moves but the best Limit break gets a simple charge slash?

Totally agree with you there Odin. Sure, Cloud gets his full 15 hit combo finished with the massive glowing slash of death. Squall gets Renzokuen and his epic combo, 100x more badass than Omnislash reduced to a single cut? Come on, that's lame. I could understand reducing it a little, since Lionheart was a long scene, but down to one attack?

*laughs*
    It seems that everybody got a corect final move but Zidane and Squall.
    Though Zidanes wasn't a boss breaking move (kill most bosses in one or two uses of limits), it would have still been cool to see it. Wait, is his final move even that grand lethal thingy?
    I like cloud, a little less do to the fanboyism xD, but I think Squall should get more love hahaha.
    Hopefully in dissidia two we will get Lionheart with a destructive 18 hit strike, and maybe even renzokuken as a special move during combat since cloud can use it in combat...o.o

I think they called Zidanes Burst Reverse Gaia or something, maybe that was Kuja's, I don't really know. I don't play either of them. I can understand why they changed his though, he didn't actually HAVE an uber rapetacular combo of death in IX, so obviously he couldn't use one of them for his Burst.

I can see Duodecim Squall having Renzokuken as a BRV move with an HP chain, since that's how Renzokuken actually works.