Thread: Squall

Registered User Squall Zidane77's Avatar

Squall

I remember on disc 4 in Ragnarok, Laguna said to Squall that they would talk about his real father when they'd meet again.
    I heard that there was a extra scene where Laguna revealed who his dad was but i never found out.

Also i heard that you could get Laguna,Kiros and Ward perminetly in the party but i didn't believe that, i just wanted to make sure though
    It's probably both not true but does anyone know?
    Last edited by Zidane77; 02-15-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Re: Squall

Laguna is Squall's father, they prove that in the game.

As far as getting Kiros, Ward and Laguna in your party permanently, I would only think that would be possible through a gameshark.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Laguna is Squall's father, they prove that in the game.

Where is that proved ?
    So is there a scene they meet again ?

Registered User Squall

It sort of implied that Laguna is his dad. When you talk to Kiros and Ward when they're on the Ragnarok, they say something along the lines of "It's a good thing you look like your mother."

Just different stuff in the game implies it as well. When the Moomba calls Squall "Laguna" in the prison, it's implied because the game states that Moombas remember people by the taste of thier blood. So Squall must have some of Laguna's genetics for the Moomba to call him that.

I think there's some more instances in the game where it's implied that Laguna is his dad, but I can't think of any more right now.

EDIT:: No. There is no scene where Squall and Laguna meet again after Time Compression happens, if that's what you're asking.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    It sort of implied that Laguna is his dad. When you talk to Kiros and Ward when they're on the Ragnarok, they say something along the lines of "It's a good thing you look like your mother."

Just different stuff in the game implies it as well. When the Moomba calls Squall "Laguna" in the prison, it's implied because the game states that Moombas remember people by the taste of thier blood. So Squall must have some of Laguna's genetics for the Moomba to call him that.

I think there's some more instances in the game where it's implied that Laguna is his dad, but I can't think of any more right now.

EDIT:: No. There is no scene where Squall and Laguna meet again after Time Compression happens, if that's what you're asking.

Ok that kinda settles it, i get it now.
    Thanks

So Raine is Squall's mother right?
    Can't believe i'm realizing that after playing the game over 10 times..

[QUOTE=Zidane77;1250055]I heard that there was a extra scene where Laguna revealed who his dad was but i never found out.[QUOTE]

It would have been wicked if there was a scene where it all come out

Final Fantasy Roleplay Forum!!
    http://eternalfinalfantasy.proboards.com/

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Squall Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Well, they will both be in dissidia 2 soooo
    We will get the decisive conclusion there, though I also believe laguna is his father

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Blog Entries

Mhmm also kind of on this topic is there any evidence as to Squall's last name because as far as i know no one adopted Squall from the orphanage. So wouldn't his name have remained Loire rather than Leonhart.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

There was no backdrop on my his name was Leonhart.
    Though it is interesting.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Everyone needs a savior Squall the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i read somewhere, maybe somewhere on this site actually, but elone is squalls step sister because laguna married raine it says that in the game when squall flashes back to the orphanege that he calls ellone "sis" i dont actually believe that they were blood related but from what i think everyone can agree on is that squall was in the orphenage his whole life and i could believe that laguna got with some chick while he was in galbidia army and then she couldnt take care of the kid so she took him to the orphanege or maybe she died who knows it never sheds any light on squalls parents but it is easy to put together that laguna and squall are father and son why else would ellone choose him to go back and be laguna in the flashbacks why whouldnt she have choosen somebody else... it makes since
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

I think whoever told you that is either yanking your chain or full of shit cuz I have never heard anything about that and I am pretty sure if it was possible a lot more people would know about it I certainly would!!!

This game is pretty epic, with a lot of secrets and speculations.

Blog Entries

technically nobody knows anything about the actual game because it was never actually stated just implied

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Quote Originally Posted by the_savior21 View Post
    technically nobody knows anything about the actual game because it was never actually stated just implied
    Well, it is implied strongly, more or less telling the character, but leaving the final descision to the player.

Example. All puppies are cute(What the moombas say about Squalls blood), some pets are puppies(What kiros said about squall and ward about his eyes), so, are some pets cute?(the players opinion)
    Sorry for going IQ testy on yall

Badass Military Agent Squall Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    I think whoever told you that is either yanking your chain or full of shit cuz I have never heard anything about that and I am pretty sure if it was possible a lot more people would know about it I certainly would!!!
    SE or rather Squaresoft at the time never really revealed anything like that in the open. From what I can remember about playing FFVIII is that, with all the hints they give you, at the end of the game, I myself found that Laguna and Raine were his parents. Reason he grew up in an orphanage is because as you can remember Raine died soon after giving birth to Squall, Laguna at this time had gotten word that Ellone was kidnapped so instead of going back to see his son, he went to search for Ellone which is why Squall was sent to the orphanage.

I think it was addressed already but Squall took his mother's last name since he never met his father, when he was sent to the orphanage, where they asked his name and whoever brought him there said Squall Leonhart instead of Squall Loire, not to mention they weren't married at the time so no one really knew Squall was Laguna's son. Kiros and Ward was the exception I figured because they was Laguna's best friends pretty much.

I had something else to point out but I forgot >.>

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

i can believe that

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Blog Entries

Just wait until they're done milking FFVII dry. They'll make dvd's and extra games about FFVIII. It'll all be cleared up in a game where you have to actually conceive Squall, as Laguna using the PS3's motion controller and the analog sticks.

But really, like everyone else said, it's heavily implied, between the Moombas calling Squall "Laguna", implying they're of the same bloodline. Kiros and Ward also bust Squall's balls, and Lagunas, by saying it's good he doesn't look like his dad.
    In theory, the only other male (potential father) that Kiros and Ward know, is Laguna. I'm also confident that it was stated that Raine died giving birth, and that Laguna was busy saving Esthar/ Ellone, so that he couldn't be a real father, so he left Squall with Cid and Edea.

Doesn't Ellone also call Squall her brother?

Plus I mean cmon, they look just like each other.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-14-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers