Thread: Signs of Obsession...

Signs of Obsession...

I guess the thread in the Final Fantasy X forum inspired this. Also as this is ultimately my favourite installment of the series I have shown many signs of obsession ^~.

Here is my list:

1. I have completed this game 9 times. 7 of which I take all of my characters to level 100 and attain all possible Guardian Forces (with exception to the moomba one).

2. Becoming obsessed with Squall I ordered his necklace and ring online. To this very day I still caress them.

3. I have created book marks, posters and cluttered up my room with them.

4. I ordered the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack online and it is on my iPod. Among the top 25 played songs, FFVIII songs do actually feature there.s

5. When activating the Guardian Force Shiva, I imitate the moves she does at the same time.

6. I'm seriously considering to purchase a Rinoa Heartily outfit.

7. Even though having TWO copies of Final Fantasy VIII on Playstation, I have recently just bought the PC version too. Why? I had to have it.

8. I'm considering getting a single streak in my hair.

9. I have often refer to Squall as "My Squallikins".

10. And this one is a doozy.. I downloaded the complete Final Fantasy VIII script. I printed it out. Over 400 pages of the entire games script. I then proceeded to highlight each characters part with an allocated colour for each. (Yes this is true.)

By the way x3 The hardcore obsession was really a couple of years back... I'm glad to say I'm pretty much normal now x3 But Squall still is my Squallikins <3

So any of you showing addiction signs? Or... what do you think a sign of obsession would be..
    Last edited by Kilala; 05-31-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Signs of Obsession... RagnaToad's Avatar

errr...

wuh? umm.. I...

wuh?

I can't say that I'm obsessed like this. Actually, in comparison to you I'm not obsessed at all, hehe. My girlfriend would kill me if I were freaking out like this. And I would probably think of myself as even weirder.

You are one odd bird.

anyway:

RE...

SPECT!
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Signs of Obsession... Tallulah's Avatar
    Not quite to the stage where you're taping a sword and gun together to make a gunblade... :/

I have two copies of FFVIII too, although one is in French. I am playing it again at the moment, and I have a really good comedy-zombie-horror fanfic going on as well, which I haven't updated in a while... hrmm...

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Signs of Obsession... Xanatos's Avatar
    I like FF VIII a lot but I have never seen anyone like you Kilala.You sure are obsessed with this game.I have finished this game 3 times and I have two copies of the game for PC and I thought that I´m starting to be addicted but compared to you I´m nothing.If you love FF VIII that much I have nothing more to say then :Awesome .
    Last edited by Xanatos; 06-07-2009 at 04:34 PM.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Signs of Obsession... ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    I think I'm obsessed too. Here's my list.

1. To this day, I currently own 3, yes 3, copies of the game on PS1.

2. I have Squall's necklace.

3. I own pretty much every figure ever made from the game.

4. I have completed the game 10 times, 9 of which I have gotten everything.

5. I have my hair like Squall does at this very moment (granted that was coincidence for today )

6. I own a mini replica of Squall's and Seifer's gunblades.

7. I have written a fully, comprehensive walkthrough, with secrets and whatever else.

8. I have bought the soundtrack.

So yeah, I am an addict toooo .

BWHAHAHA! *Leaps and runs over to ZantetsukeN*
    I love you x3 Mwhahahaha <333333333
    You have the figures? *.* Ahhhh... you lucky lucky... *Drools*
    And you say your hair is like Squall's now? *Stalks you* <_<

and ending the dream.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Signs of Obsession... Tallulah's Avatar
    Thinking back, I got red streaks in my hear a couple of years ago (my friend did it; she is a hairdresser) solely because Rinoa has them.

Quote Originally Posted by kilala View Post
    i guess the thread in the final fantasy x forum inspired this. Also as this is ultimately my favourite installment of the series i have shown many signs of obsession ^~.

Here is my list:

1. i have completed this game 9 times. 7 of which i take all of my characters to level 100 and attain all possible guardian forces (with exception to the moomba one).

2. becoming obsessed with squall i ordered his necklace and ring online. To this very day i still caress them.

3. i have created book marks, posters and cluttered up my room with them.

4. i ordered the final fantasy viii soundtrack online and it is on my ipod. Among the top 25 played songs, ffviii songs do actually feature there.s

5. when activating the guardian force shiva, i imitate the moves she does at the same time.

6. i'm seriously considering to purchase a rinoa heartily outfit.

7. even though having two copies of final fantasy viii on playstation, i have recently just bought the pc version too. Why? I had to have it.

8. i'm considering getting a single streak in my hair.

9. I have often refer to squall as "my squallikins".

10. And this one is a doozy.. I downloaded the complete final fantasy viii script. I printed it out. Over 400 pages of the entire games script. I then proceeded to highlight each characters part with an allocated colour for each. (yes this is true.)

by the way x3 the hardcore obsession was really a couple of years back... I'm glad to say i'm pretty much normal now x3 but squall still is my squallikins <3

so any of you showing addiction signs? Or... What do you think a sign of obsession would be..

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmm
    wow
    Girl: Do i ever cross ur mind
    Boy: No
    Girl: Do you like me?
    Boy: Not really
    Girl: Do you want me?
    Girl: Would you cry if I left?
    Girl: Would you live for me?
    Girl: Would you do anything for me?
    Girl: Choose--me or ur life
    Boy: my life
    The girl runs away in shock and pain and the boy runs after her and says...
    The reason you never cross my mind is because you're always on my mind.
    The reason why I don't like you is because I love you.
    The reason I don't want you is because I need you.
    The reason I wouldn't cry if you left is because I would die if you left.
    The reason I wouldn't live for you is because I would die for you.
    The reason why I'm not willing to do anything for you is because I would do everything for you.
    The reason I chose my life is because you ARE my life

this isnt my creation i copyed it and i cant find the prson i copyed it from but full cred to that person this is a pretty cool idea

I command you... Signs of Obsession... Rally's Avatar
    I have Squall's necklace and ring. It came with a keychain, too, I think.
    I have a necklace with Squall's necklace on it.
    I have a figure of Zell.
    Hmm... I had the game before I had a console to play it on. XD
    I bought the soundtracks, but there's still songs I don't have. Never had the chance to get them. D:
    And, your sibling knows the characters when they haven't even played the game. xD
    Oh, and you attempt to talk like a character. "RAGE." "..ya know?" "...whatever."
    Last edited by Rally; 06-13-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Haha nice one Rally x3

I was thinking of other stuff I've done/did/do...

I was on eBay the other day and saw you could buy like the cards. I am so tempted... It would be so cool to own them @_@ Don't you think? xD

and ending the dream.

Those cards are well expensive! I tried getting some a while ago, and they were like £20 a card!

Anyway, I was looking for something the other day and came across a fourth copy of FFVIII! I forgot about that one . It doesn't work at all though

I command you... Signs of Obsession... Rally's Avatar
    Oh I have playing cards. O: Or do you mean Triple Triad cards?

I was so obsessed with this game in my teens, I was in love with Squall and I just couldn't stop playing. It's still my favorite game in the series and whenever I do replay, I tend to get a tad bit obsessed again. It's sometimes hard to believe they're only 17/18! I had friends who liked Squall too but most of the people I knew had no idea what I was going on about. My happiest memories as a 14-16 year old was playing that game! It certainly got me through some rough patches too, helped me keep my mind off the troubling things. I love it!

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Signs of Obsession... Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I'm Obssessed with Final FantasyVII: The original, Final FantasyVII: Crisis Core, Final FantasyXII, and Final FantasyX...They are just all Amazing...Go Final Fantasy

Anyway, Happy Posting Fellas

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Wow.. I wouldn't say I'm that obsessed with any game, but I am a completionist.

The only thing I can think of is that I almost bought Squall's Gunblade at this asian Sword store, for my room. It wasn't one of those crappy looking knock off ones either. It looked super real, including the gun part. I wouldn't be surprised if it really shot bullets. I didn't have time to ask....
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-12-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I want to play a game. Signs of Obsession... Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post
    I'm Obssessed with Final FantasyVII: The original, Final FantasyVII: Crisis Core, Final FantasyXII, and Final FantasyX...They are just all Amazing...Go Final Fantasy

Anyway, Happy Posting Fellas
    Those obsessions do not deal with obsessions with Final Fantasy VIII.

How do I know that I am obsessed with Final Fantasy VIII?

RAGE!!!!

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Yanqui UXO Signs of Obsession... charliepanayi's Avatar
    I can't say I have gone to the lengths of the opening post, but I do like to watch the ending to FFVIII on YouTube frequently, which shows some obession I guess XD
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Satoko
    Wow.... I don't think I've quite hit that level but I do have several things in common with your list. XD I know I'm obsesseds with Final Fantasy, VIII especially.

Here's my list:

1: I have 2 copies of the game and I used to have a third

2: I bought the stratagy guide just to have it

3: I own a Small replica of Squalls gunblade

4: I have two Small Figurines of Rinoa, One large one of Squall and a large one of Rinoa

5: I bought a collection set that had Greiver, Squall's ring, and a gunblade keychain.

6: I bought Rinoa's necklace

7: I am saving up to buy a Rinoa cosplay costume, and I have bribed my boyfriend to wear a Squall one. ;3

8: I have wallpapered my wall with pictures I've printed off of FF8

9: I am getting an Miniature Australian Shepard becasue it looks like Angelo. XD

Yeah, that's it for now. lol Final Fantasy VIII was my first Final Fantasy, and I love it so much I'm crazy about it. XD If it was a person, I'd be it's stalker.

I've uh.....well, I played the game twice? You guys win

Griever is junctioned to me. Signs of Obsession... Lionhearted's Avatar
    Hey Kilala, it's been a while since i've been on the forum so ill post how much I obsess over Final Fantasy VII:

1:I have a huge poster of Squall and Rinoa over my bed.

2: I have completed the game 8 times, all of which I have leveled all the characters to level 100, obtained all Gaurdian Forces and leveled them to 100, and collected every card from triple triad.

3:I own squall's necklace and ring and wear them whenever I go out,though i don't caress them..O_O (guy)

4:I have purchased the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack and I listen to it till i fall asleep at night. (mostly "Fragments Of Memories")

5:I have a little Squall and Rinoa figurine that I have on my desk and will sometimes stare at them for like,20 minutes.

6:I can play "Fragments Of Memories" on the piano.

7: I have 2 copies of the game.

So I am pretty obsessed, but not as obsessed as you.
    Last edited by Lionhearted; 12-20-2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add #7 XD

Registered User Signs of Obsession... Yesha's Avatar
    I'm not much obsessed as the others are..

I do have the soundtrack, the PC version and the PS1 version of this game.. :-)

I do Love FFVIII but I can't afford to buy more than those things.. Like the neckLace, the figurines.. etc. (you're aLL Lucky!! :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Registered User Signs of Obsession... Kindushin's Avatar
    Well, I wouldn't say i'm obsessed...much..

I have a Moomba plushie! <3
    I recently got 99 "friendship" items because i had a lot of time.
    I always get Eden.
    I always get Odin AFTER i fight Seifer (instant kill > random chance)
    I have a checklist of every secret passage and area in the entire game..
    Whenever someone bad - mouths FFVII all I can see is a red light and i cannot be held responsible for my actions...

Also, I once had a dream that I had an army of moombas. Yeah. I'm not crazy.
    YOU'RE ALL CRAZY!

imfast5005
    I can't say that I'm obsessed like this. hahhaahaa :d

Quote Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
    I guess the thread in the Final Fantasy X forum inspired this. Also as this is ultimately my favourite installment of the series I have shown many signs of obsession ^~.

Here is my list:

1. I have completed this game 9 times. 7 of which I take all of my characters to level 100 and attain all possible Guardian Forces (with exception to the moomba one).

2. Becoming obsessed with Squall I ordered his necklace and ring online. To this very day I still caress them.

3. I have created book marks, posters and cluttered up my room with them.

4. I ordered the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack online and it is on my iPod. Among the top 25 played songs, FFVIII songs do actually feature there.s

5. When activating the Guardian Force Shiva, I imitate the moves she does at the same time.

6. I'm seriously considering to purchase a Rinoa Heartily outfit.

7. Even though having TWO copies of Final Fantasy VIII on Playstation, I have recently just bought the PC version too. Why? I had to have it.

8. I'm considering getting a single streak in my hair.

9. I have often refer to Squall as "My Squallikins".

10. And this one is a doozy.. I downloaded the complete Final Fantasy VIII script. I printed it out. Over 400 pages of the entire games script. I then proceeded to highlight each characters part with an allocated colour for each. (Yes this is true.)

By the way x3 The hardcore obsession was really a couple of years back... I'm glad to say I'm pretty much normal now x3 But Squall still is my Squallikins <3

So any of you showing addiction signs? Or... what do you think a sign of obsession would be..
    FFVIII was my favourite ( the best), but being obsessed like that, i am unable .The most impress clothing i like was Squall's lion ring .
    Anyways, obsessions like that wasnot any bad thing, so ... be happy.
    Last edited by cenarius; 01-04-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Re: Signs of Obsession...

One more thing to seal my obsession with Final Fantasy VIII...

I got it today. It's on my right wrist