Thread: Quoin and blue magic

Registered User Quoin and blue magic 8ethers's Avatar
    I live in the monotonous town of Appleton,WI

Quoin and blue magic

Is there a strategy for having quina absorb monster's magic? I'm only on disc two, so is there a scan ability on the way? The enemy is either to strong to eat or I end up killing it before quina can eat it. It's maddening!!!!

I want to play a game. Quoin and blue magic Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Quoin and blue magic

I do not know when "Scan" becomes available or if it is but you had missed the spell, but there is another round-about way to determine if the enemy is weak enough to eat. It involves some guessing but it is not too difficult; keep track of the amount of damage it takes to defeat a monster. When you get an idea of how much it takes for defeat you can determine how to get the enemy's low enough. If the enemy is still too strong use weak attacks - like Dagger's physical or Vivi's physical - to lower the health a tad more till it is weakened. Now "Scan" is useful because I believe it does say if the monster has a Blue Magic spell. That problem could be solved by looking that up at GameFAQs otherwise you would have to eat every enemy at least once which is more work than needed but w/o a guide that would be how a player would have to acquire Quina's blue magic.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Quoin and blue magic che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    ...but there is another round-about way to determine if the enemy is weak enough to eat. It involves some guessing but it is not too difficult; keep track of the amount of damage it takes to defeat a monster. When you get an idea of how much it takes for defeat you can determine how to get the enemy's low enough. If the enemy is still too strong use weak attacks - like Dagger's physical or Vivi's physical - to lower the health a tad more till it is weakened.
    That's how I did it too. Oh I three hit these mobs to death? Hit it twice and eat. If it's too strong, have Vivi run up and smack it for like 2 dmg.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Eat: Foe has to be at 1/8th it's max hp.

Cook(trance ability): Foe has to be at 1/4th it's max hp

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Quoin and blue magic Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Dagger learns Scan, but i forget what item lets her learn that, early on in the game. You'll have to grind for Gil a little and see what items help her learn it, though my money's on an Add-On.

I had Quina eat monsters pretty much like you guys did, except until Quina learns Matra Magic. After that, I spam until it hits.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Registered User Quoin and blue magic 8ethers's Avatar
    I live in the monotonous town of Appleton,WI

So that's what matra magic does. Interesting. Thanks!

Registered User Quoin and blue magic Diamond Dust's Avatar

It may also be useful to equip the High Tide ability for slightly more frequent trances, which of course increases your scope in terms of HP needed to be depleted (as mentioned above).