Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Playthrough thread

Registered User Playthrough thread
    Thanks for the tips. ^^ Will have to remember them. Unfortunately didn't draw from the guy on the tower but will certainly do so from now on.

Have got a job interview on tuesday with Wendy's. Hope I can get in so I can finally catch up to next gen stuffs before games like Hyrule Warriors or Lily Bergamo are released. Did manage to get FF7 (and another game called Chulip) and started saving for FF10 HD but have just found out Drakengard 3 was released and would rather get that first.

Not that I don't already have a bunch of games to get out of the way first. Good thing I finally got done with Yakuza 4 and quickly got through Dust: An Elysian Tail. Dark Souls is free next month so I can try to get through it again - regret selling it a lot. Unfortunately deleted my save so I'll have to make it to Anor Londo again without OP stuff some nice invaders gave me. Got FF5 on PSN, so it's nice to play it again though it's a helluva lot easier than I recall. Couldn't resist trying out FF7 but won't go any farther til I finish 8 and 9.

That said I went back into 9 and did a bunch.

Chapter 5: Years later...

Got a bit lost in the tree caverns after fighting some of the Alexandria ladies. Kinda forgot the layout after so long. The sand golems are kind of annoying but eventually made it through. My dream of getting this Quina thing early was shattered as the rat prince came and told me the village was in danger. The black mages weren't very tough but there were plenty. Made it to the cathedral and this Fratley? showed up and helped out.

Apparently he doesn't remember Freya so that's pretty sad. Doesn't remember the rat king, either, and then he ditched everyone just as Beatrix came and stole the crystal gem thing. It's a good thing I'm not hasty or I would have missed out on a few given items and a save Moogle. Going to confront her triggered a battle and thankfully this time I didn't die. Abused Freya's jump ability and spammed pheonix downs instead of wasting healing items. Soon enough I guess she decided to quit and retreat.

Followed by means of these weird magic bubble things that went to an airship. Evidently Brahne was on it and summoned an eidilon. This guy on a flying horse obliterated the tree which was surprising. Kinda reminded me of Avatar. Freya just can't catch a break - seems it's either her or Vivi who's got the worst luck. Wasn't much time for grieving since it turned into a stealth game and I had to hide while Beatrix expressed some doubt in her life choices.

Eavesdropped some more and found out the queen planned to have Garnet executed. Vivi had the brilliant idea of using the bubbleporter to get to Alexandria quickly. Not really sure how they learned to use it but I suppose it must be plot powered.

Switching perspectives, Steiner and Marcus decide to escape by swinging the cage. Not certain whether Marcus was really commited though or was just trolling because he kept leaning in the wrong direction. He also died pretty quick and proved next to useless in the first battle we got in. As cool as he was I was glad to have the main party reunited instead. However I only had 30 minutes to get my healer back.

Got a bit lost in the castle. If not for the cooks I would have had no idea where to look. Went to the third floor and found a secret passage to some dungeon. Had a bit of time left to get the two chests and make it to the bottom where the twin jesters had Garnet. Took a minute to realise what was going on after meteorite almost destroyed everyone but then it was super easy. The clowns left and while everyone worried over Garnet, an ATE showed Marcus running through a forest.

Back in Zidane's shoes I got to carry Garnet's fat ass all the way back up flights of stairs and across a dangerous rotating platform only to be stopped by Beatrix. Wasn't sure if I was meant to try to defeat her this time so I stuck to the usual strategy of being a pansy. It was over pretty quick, and Beatrix was turned right around when she saw Garnet, contrasting Steiner's incredible stubbornness. She managed to heal Garnet but there wasn't much time before the jesters returned with big scary dog monsters.

Freya and Beatrix teamed up which was pretty neato, though Beatrix doesn't feel quite so strong and is probably a temporary party member sadly. They got to do some cool stuff while the other four escaped back down into the dungeon. Steiner decided to stay behind, perhaps finally realising the eroor of his way. Got stuck in the same trap from last time but thankfully was saved by Marcus and an unpetrified Blank.

Got on the Gears of War bug to head back to Treno but of course there's always a problem - this time a scarier snake. Wasn't too hard, now with having a white mage back, especially considering I've seemingly run out of potions. Defeated it only so it could get back up and chase us past Treno and out of the tunnel.

For a short moment we're back with queen Brahne, who's apparently angry with her jesters and has hired two bounty hunters to go and find Garnet, one being an axe weilding women and the other a very odd and silent man with red hair.

Garnet wakes up by some waterfall and Vivi tells her he knows they're at a place called Pinnacle Rock. Zidane shows up and the three discuss what to do next before some floating old bearded guy appears. He claims to be Ramuh who I think I remember being a summon from FF6? Anyway he tells Garnet her mother destroyed the rat tree kingdom with her summoning powers, and then proceeds to give some bs objective about getting 5 parts of a story to prove Garnet is a worthy mistress.

Found the first part pretty easy but doubt the others won't be hard to find. Decided to quit for now as there was a Moogle nearby. As it turns out he's this Monty guy I've been looking for since forever ago. Got a Kupo Nut which I forgot what it does but still nice to have got that done.

Oh I love FFIX, nice to see you playing it!

I just started my 8th or so playthrough the other day and I just got to Dali, which is one of my favorite areas

Registered User Playthrough thread
    Thanks and sorry for the late reply. Also sorry I don't have an update. Have mostly been trying to get achievements and trophies in some of my favorite games; got 100% in both versions of Deadly Premonition, platinumed No More Heroes, got ever achievements in Killer is Dead, have five left to get in Nier. Rebought Lost Odyssey as I decided I want to finish it after all, and bought Legend of Dragoon on a whim as it was on sale for a dollar.

Will probably be getting back to it though. Recently was able to get X and X-2 HD, so I think I have every one I care about at the moment. Thankfully X feels fresh even after having watched a playthrough of it. From what I've heard, though, X-2 may interest me more gameplay wise with being more open ended. Even so I think I've decided IX should be the first I finish.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Playthrough thread Xanatos's Avatar
    Do not take this in a negative way, but I think you are ruining the overall experience for yourself by taking major breaks in between. This goes for most games, especially RPG's such as Final Fantasy IX.

X is infinitely better than X-2, which by the way is the worst Final Fantasy I have ever played. X-2 has awesome gameplay, not much else I'm afraid. Just my two cents.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Every RPG I stopped playing for more than 7 days I forgot one key thing and ended up just restarting my playthru
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Playthrough thread Sheechiibii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Do not take this in a negative way, but I think you are ruining the overall experience for yourself by taking major breaks in between. This goes for most games, especially RPG's such as Final Fantasy IX.
    I agree, I don't think it would be near as good to play a game with as strong a story as IX if you take huge breaks during it. Especially if it's the first time, it ruins the flow of the story for me.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

The reason why I haven't beat FF2 and FF3 (NES) is because some other game took over at that moment. If I just waited an extra 2 weeks or so I'd have completed those 2 FF games.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Boxer of the Galaxy Playthrough thread Rowan's Avatar
    If you were really interested in an RPG, you wouldn't want to have a break from it.

That makes no sense Rowan.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Boxer of the Galaxy Playthrough thread Rowan's Avatar
    Thats cause it makes dollars yo

$_$
    Last edited by Rowan; 07-21-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Thought of better comeback to bread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2