Thread: I'm starting FF9 again!

I'm starting FF9 again!

I've been a bit jinxed with FF9. I first played it on a borrowed copy and I couldn't get into it knowing I'd have to give it back. When I finally bought my own a few years ago again I couldn't get into it for some reason.

Then I found this site. I read up on all the FFs and decided to play through the whole main series. I also decided I'd make sure I beat all superbosses. I got hold of copies of 1-6 and beat those. Then I replayed 7-8 and beat those too.

Finally I got back to 9 and this time I loved it. Sadly my copy wouldn't work going into the iifa tree at the end of disc 2. I got a bit fed up and quit rather than get a new copy.

That was a couple of years ago but I've just had the urge to get back to FF. I've got hold of a new copy and I'm so excited to start again! I've actually got my old save but I've forgotten the story so I'm starting afresh.

Sorry for the ramble but I'm so sorry excited to finally pick this up again and this time I will beat it - including Hades and Ozma!
    Last edited by lmiddleham; 07-13-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: title misspelled

Ozma is the hardest superboss in the series imo. Due to needing luck to survive the battle.

Ozma casts Curse
    EIKO AND GARNET CURAGA EVERYONE RIGHT AWAY
    Ozma casts Curse instantly without letting your team cast

3k-5k dmg twice in a row. gg
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy I'm starting FF9 again! Rowan's Avatar
    I'm gonna have to disagree with loaf in how to battle ozma. Healing will do you no good, his attacks are just far too powerful to ever be able to protect yourself from, especially the status attack curse that afflicts the whole party. What you need is a nuke fest of 9999. He has around 50,000hp, so you need 6 successful 9999 attacks to wipe him out. This means you need to survive a wave. It is helpful to have vivid doomsday attack with pumice peice of protection against that type of damage, as it's potentially able to heal your whole party or destroy you.

Ff9 one of the best, def play through again.

I never told him to heal. I was giving an example to how Ozma works. You can try and counter his attack on you only for Ozma to cast that same attack twice wiping your team. Or forcing an Auto-Life and then quickly another attack.. You lose.

and to add. I've said in many many many posts that Auto-Renew is your best heal in FF9. I also say that.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Ozma is miles off yet. I played briefly yesterday and I'm only ase far as rounding up the Knights of Pluto to find Garnet!

When the time comes I'll let you know how bad Ozma beats me!

I basically just told you the main way Ozma defeats your party.

Also the other way you die a lot is like you'll survive some attacks and you're like OMG YES I LIVED!!!!!!! and then he does like Doomsday and you aren't equipped with shadow absorb. :C
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol