Thread: I need help badly!

Hamii

I need help badly!

It been almost 2 days for one of the FMV to pass. It freeze up but the music is still playing. The FMV part of the train after kidnappend the President. I try it soo many times. I have PS1. I try open the compast disc, clean the len, clean the disc, and etc. and Still not working. I try post on Yahoo! Answer and no one reply. I even google and sreach on Youtube and still not the one I wanted.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ I need help badly! Treize's Avatar

Re: I need help badly!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamii View Post
    It been almost 2 days for one of the FMV to pass. It freeze up but the music is still playing. The FMV part of the train after kidnappend the President. I try it soo many times. I have PS1. I try open the compast disc, clean the len, clean the disc, and etc. and Still not working. I try post on Yahoo! Answer and no one reply. I even google and sreach on Youtube and still not the one I wanted.
    The same thing happened to me! Unfortunately I couldn't find a fix for this either, so I had to buy another copy. I heard that applying some chapstick works on CDs, so maybe that would work for the game too. Good luck. I hope you have better luck than I did.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Hamii

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    The same thing happened to me! Unfortunately I couldn't find a fix for this either, so I had to buy another copy. I heard that applying some chapstick works on CDs, so maybe that would work for the game too. Good luck. I hope you have better luck than I did.
    Will the chapstick hurt the cd or no? I have chapstick and the FFVIII is not mine. I borrow from a friend.

Will the chapstick hurt the cd or no? I have chapstick and the FFVIII is not mine. I borrow from a friend.
    Well, if it already doesn't work, what do you have to lose? I don't think it should hurt the CD, but I guess there is a possibility that you could make more scratches when you wipe off the chapstick. If you borrowed the game from a friend, you should probably talk to your friend, and tell him/her that it doesn't work. I would just let them deal with it in case you make things worse by trying to fix the problem.

Also, it really depends how scratched the disk is. If it is too bad, chapstick wouldn't even work. Like I said, I had to buy another copy because I couldn't get past that FMV.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

Hamii

Well the disc 1 is already scratch up bad, but the rest of the disc wasn't bad as disc 1 was. I have FMV problem on my FFIX but it let me pass no problem.

Well the disc 1 is already scratch up bad, but the rest of the disc wasn't bad as disc 1 was. I have FMV problem on my FFIX but it let me pass no problem.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure FFIX is different from FFVIII. If you open the cover of your PS1 you can skip the FMVs in FFIX, but I don't think that works in FFVIII. Maybe that feature was added because many people suffered similar problems as you are.

Again, the best advice I can give is to talk to your friend, and let him/her know that there's a problem. After that you both could try to fix the disk by using chapstick or whatever. Finally if worse comes to worse, you would have to buy another copy. I'm pretty sure you can buy it online now for 20 USD, so it isn't terribly expensive.
    TFF Family:

Hamii

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure FFIX is different from FFVIII. If you open the cover of your PS1 you can skip the FMVs in FFIX, but I don't think that works in FFVIII. Maybe that feature was added because many people suffered similar problems as you are.

Again, the best advice I can give is to talk to your friend, and let him/her know that there's a problem. After that you both could try to fix the disk by using chapstick or whatever. Finally if worse comes to worse, you would have to buy another copy. I'm pretty sure you can buy it online now for 20 USD, so it isn't terribly expensive.
    I guess I have to buy it. ~_~

I had the same problem, but on disc... 3 I think.

Before you buy a new copy: Don't you have any friends who own the game? I borrowed disc 3 from a friend and then it worked. (I know you only borrowed the game yourself, but maybe you know another one who owns it.)

At least that will be cheaper than buying a new copy .-."
    (Or maybe look on ebay... sometimes there are people who just sell ONE disc of a game. That'd also be cheaper than buying a new copy xD")

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Dragoon I need help badly! TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

Yeah I had a similar problem on my last copy. (Eventually it worked. Have you tried changing the disc settings on the ps2 start-up menu?) I think that helped myself on FFVIII.

Alsp similar topic, I can't start a new game on FFIX (the rest of the game is fine just no new file. You reckon it's just a bum disc? (Don't wanna buy a new one, I've had this cleaned proffesionally and it was the very first game I bought, the disc have the concept character art on them.)

Sorry didn't think this deserved a new thread.
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Let's make it rain. I need help badly! Jonathanx221's Avatar

Take it to a movie renting place, they usually have some damn good disc cleaners that make them look brand new. =] It should cost less than 2 dollars... but dude I'm from Ohio so I have no clue what goes on in other countries. =\ Good luck!

If you can't do that, flush it in the toilet and wash it with a sock, use tooth paste, ummm, damn I dunno what else. I used to do all that when I was a kid, and games worked sometimes afterwards.

Registered User I need help badly!

Originally Posted by TigermusiQ
    Alsp similar topic, I can't start a new game on FFIX (the rest of the game is fine just no new file. You reckon it's just a bum disc? (Don't wanna buy a new one, I've had this cleaned proffesionally and it was the very first game I bought, the disc have the concept character art on them.)
    I've never heard of that happening before. Is your memory card full? That could be a reason why you can't start a new game... It's a bit of a longshot, but it's the best thing that I could think of.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

.............. I need help badly! smurphy's Avatar

I had the exact same problem with the opening FMV where the image froze and the music continued. So what I did was I brought it to my local GAME store, gave them a few euro to clean the disc of scratches and it worked good as new. The quality of cleaning varies from place to place though, be warned.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Hamii

Quote Originally Posted by TigermusiQ View Post
    Yeah I had a similar problem on my last copy. (Eventually it worked. Have you tried changing the disc settings on the ps2 start-up menu?) I think that helped myself on FFVIII.
    Did you read the first post I only have PS1 not PS2 OR PS3. just PS1. I don't have money to buy PS2 OR 3.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! I need help badly! Tallulah's Avatar

Do you have any other games which do this? Unlikely, but it may be the disc reader causing the problem (The PS1 was always more robust and less likely to break down than the PS2 or PS3).

Anyway, it is most likely to be the disc causing the problem. I have a similar problem. Sometimes when I enter a battle on Disc 2, the battle doesn't start, I am left with a blank screen, but the battle theme continues playing. :/ Sometimes sheer patience sorts it out and it will eventually continue, but more often than not I have to reset.

The disc is likely really scratched that the video will not play. You could try getting it repaired at a DVD rental or game store, or try cleaning it with gentle chemicals such as toothpaste, as already suggested. Hope this helps.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み I need help badly! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I had exactly the same happen to 2 copies of FFVIII (both on Disc 2) I had and a copy of IX (on Disc 1). I tried simple polish, but it only worked for a while. Toothpaste is apparently good if you want to try that, but in the end, I ended up buying new copies of the game. It's worth going on ebay. Some people sell them at rediculous prices, but I got both games for £10. Hunt around for the best deal.

Unfortunately, I really don't think there is a good fix for this problem.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

See about getting your disc buffed (some video rental stores, music stores and the occasional videogames store generally offer the service), if that doesn't work buy a new copy.

If anyone went near my discs with various household/teeth cleaning products I'd likely chase them away with a chainsaw or something as I get really protective of their great condition.
    victoria aut mors

Time to take control... I need help badly! Serah's Avatar

I've come across a few places on ebay you can buy single discs for around £8ish
    Wishes aren't enough, prayers either ... I'm making a promise ...

Registered User I need help badly! Ether's Avatar

I played mine so manny times it started to freeze durring the FMV when your crashing into the tower....I just bought a new one hasnt happend since...

Are you talking about final fantasy 8? This happened to me...in fact ive gone through about a dozen game discs trying to play final fantasy8 and every single time, i eventually scratch it, and it freezes at some point of an animated scene.

Idk if you need help on how to repair a disc,. but one thign that i have always found effective, is getting a washcloth and some Brasso. You apply the brasso to the washcloth adn u go from CENTER to the outside ..NOT in a circular pattern, and then i take the slightly brasso-ed disc and put it in the freezer...

Then i try to play the game and sometimes it helps me get past the scene.

Hm, I've never heard of using chapstick before! I'll remember that one!

This happened to me during the Garden ramming into Garden sequence - I actually borrowed my friend's disc... and I may have given her mine back... which I immediatly felt bad for... so I asked her how it was running so I could say 'Gosh darn, I must have given you mine, here have yours back' but she said it had run fine. It's a temporary problem, I'm of the belief it's in all copies of FFVIII. Persevere! It will work eventually.
    Yes. More jigawatts.

ExSol

Quote Originally Posted by xDark-Yunax View Post
    Hm, I've never heard of using chapstick before! I'll remember that one!

This happened to me during the Garden ramming into Garden sequence - I actually borrowed my friend's disc... and I may have given her mine back... which I immediatly felt bad for... so I asked her how it was running so I could say 'Gosh darn, I must have given you mine, here have yours back' but she said it had run fine. It's a temporary problem, I'm of the belief it's in all copies of FFVIII. Persevere! It will work eventually.
    your not to far in the game ...just restart.....the power went out one time while i was saving and i lost my game save......so i started again and beat the first disk in a little over 4 hrs

FFVIII ROCKS ND SO DOES FFVII I need help badly! squall_cloud_hpf's Avatar

ignore me wrong topic
    Last edited by squall_cloud_hpf; 08-07-2010 at 01:24 PM.
    im sure to blog about this on my site gamesinfoworld. FF ROCKS!!!!!!!