Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how many times you beat ff 9

Tantalus Member of Lindblum how many times you beat ff 9 True Zidane's Avatar

how many times you beat ff 9

so, how many times have you beat final fantasy 9? i have beaten it three times. once when i got evryone to lvl 65 before fightin necron, it took about 49 hours. another time in which i got evryone to lvl 100 and did all sidequests and did all the chocobo stuff, including fighting ozma. that one took me 114 hours. and another wen i ran through. all my peeps were around lvl 52 except vivi and zidane who were lv 64 each. That took me about 42 hours

Re: how many times you beat ff 9

I lost count after 5. I currently have a file that is at 120 hours and everyone is in their lvl70s and everything else is finished but I left that file running for at least 60+ hours without me playing.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

hahaha. that happened to me too. on this file i deleted, we went on a trip to florida, and wen i got back, my ps2 was still on, i was at evil forest 85 hours in!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth how many times you beat ff 9 Xanatos's Avatar

Three times, not quite impressive taking into account it's my favorite game. Still haven't breached 70 hours of gameplay, everything above that seem a little bit extreme to me. The last time I played it took me about 65 hours to beat the game, with all sidequest's finished (Not counting Excalibur II) and most of my characters above the 80 lvl, Zidane being the only one to reach the max lvl.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Lone Dagger how many times you beat ff 9 Xithor's Avatar

My Zidane also reached max level of 99 and the other party members were prob around 80 or so. I've beat it about 7 or 8 times now and my 9th try to get through it is a level one challenge and I'm really having difficulty getting through Pandemonium

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Probably somewhere around three times, probably started a bunch more play through that never got finished. Over a hundred hours at least I imagine,most of my original memory cards are missing so not sure exactly.

Registered User how many times you beat ff 9

I definitely know that I have played through and beat the game at least twice, both times I clocked in about 50 hours. Sometimes, I like to just play through certain parts though, so I have save states at different places in the game, so anytime I wanna play through that part, I just load it up and play it without having to go through the whole game. I do that with all the PSX Final Fantasy games.

So yeah. Beat the game at least twice. Can't remember my levels though... Pretty sure they're at least in the 60's.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User how many times you beat ff 9 winterborn86's Avatar

Once, damn Necron GRRRR!!!!!

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

well, feel free to keep telling us your level, but i wanna know. how many times have you defeated ozma? i have once. i am fighting trance kuja on a lvl 1 playthrough and will try to beat ozma on that one.

I'm DYING to see you! how many times you beat ff 9 ViviMasterMage's Avatar

I've beaten it more times than I can remember. Each time I've tried a different approach.

I've tried the speed run to try get Excalibur 2 but I've failed at both attempts of trying...

I've also tried getting really high levels near the beginning by getting characters to level 25's in Evil Forest. Dagger was able to use Shiva against the monsters in the Ice Cavern. I also got to level 60 at Gizamaluke's Grotto by fighting Garudas and then when I got high enough, I fought Grand Dragons. You have to be seriously lucky to beat one but wow, the experience is amazing for the beginning! I got to level 99 at the third disc fighting in the same place, haha! xD

I also had a casual game where I took it slow and steady and I've tried different character parties as well...

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Originally Posted by True Zidane
    how many times have you defeated ozma?
    I've actually never faced off against Ozma...so...0 times.

I've only got to the Chocobo Air Garden once, and didn't really stick around too long to find out that it was there, much less try and defeat the thing.

Originally Posted by Nova
    I also got to level 60 at Gizamaluke's Grotto by fighting Garudas and then when I got high enough, I fought Grand Dragons.
    The Grand Dragons are in the same area as the Cleyra Settlement, right? Have you ever tried to walk that far to check to see if you can enter the village that early? I've always wanted to try that, but I don't think that I would want to spend that much time leveling up my characters so they wouldn't get annihilated by the GDs at that point in the game.

Kudos to you sir for having the patience to do it.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    The Grand Dragons are in the same area as the Cleyra Settlement, right? Have you ever tried to walk that far to check to see if you can enter the village that early? I've always wanted to try that, but I don't think that I would want to spend that much time leveling up my characters so they wouldn't get annihilated by the GDs at that point in the game.

Kudos to you sir for having the patience to do it.
    Pretty sure that Grand Dragons can be found in only two places, the one that Nova was probably speaking of is outside of Daguerro which can only be accessed by airship or Gold chocobo and the other lesser known place is the ladder in Gizamalukes Grotto where the two moogles are. As you climb it to leave the moogles warn you that it's dangerous out there bc you're prob around level 18 or so when initially going through there and Grand Dragons can easily taken down parties in the 40's.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

The place where Nova said that he faced off against the Grand Dragons was outside Gizamaluke's Grotto, but I can't remember if that's in the same area as the Cleyra Settlement. Been a while since I played it last, and I definitely never leveled up my characters high enough to face the Grand Dragons that early in the game.

EDIT: Reading back, Nova actually didn't say that he fought them outside of Gizamaluke's Grotto... I guess I kind of assumed that's where he fought them.

I mostly want to know if it's possible to get to Cleyra that early. That would be neat, but maybe the sand storm blocks your path so you can't get in anyway. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Dodie16; 06-07-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    Pretty sure that Grand Dragons can be found in only two places, the one that Nova was probably speaking of is outside of Daguerro which can only be accessed by airship or Gold chocobo and the other lesser known place is the ladder in Gizamalukes Grotto where the two moogles are. As you climb it to leave the moogles warn you that it's dangerous out there bc you're prob around level 18 or so when initially going through there and Grand Dragons can easily taken down parties in the 40's.
    well there is one way to beat a grand dragon when you are level 19, at least for me. wat you do is, at the festival of the hunt, as soon as it starts head straight for the business district. go to the main foyer right next to the area were you fight the zanghol. there should only be like two fights on the way. after the clock gets to 5:00, make sure freyas in the lead before goin to fite the zanghol. wen you fight it, hit with freya wile zidane steals from it, cuz u can get mithril gloves. after you win, freya will be the victor and intstead of gil u will get a coral ring. wen u leave lindblum, go to qus marsh and get quina. then do some serious grinding outside of the grotto till evryone has learned the absorb lightning abil from the ring. then go thru until u get to the vine. go up, and make sure ur stocked up with potions, phoenix downs, pinions and hi potions if u get em. before u fight him make sure u have the ab. lightning abil. equipped as well as to make sure u got the best armor on. wen the battle starts, have vivi focus about twelve times before usin blizzara. the dragon will use thundaga, which will fully heal all members, which is y i told you to get the coral ring. have quinause blu magic and heal. have freya attack and heal. have zidane steal until evrything is gone. then attack. it should take about ten mins, but evry time u beat on u will gain about 4 levels until level 30

I beat Ozma once. I never bothered to try again.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I have beat the game twice and started twice since then with no completion in sight. I have been wanting to give it another go lately but seeing I started BoFIII again I think it might be a while.

As for Ozma I only took him down once. That was enough to satisfy me. Next play through I might have to do it for S/G purposes.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Hmm... I think I finished the game twice... but have had lots of 'half plays'...
    I can be like that, I drop something halfway and start another FF xD. I remember in the beginning I got so far then dropped it... then started it again and finished it... The story gets pretty repetitive so I will spare y'all .

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Just to answer the other question that has been proposed about how many times I've beaten Ozma, that'd be 3 times for me. Not every run through did I go for Ozma, and I've only found all the friendly's once which makes that fight much easier. Prob will once I get back to Terra with my level one party to put that feather in my cap as well lol

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Registered User how many times you beat ff 9 NeoAquarius12's Avatar

2/3 times. I am half way through my third time playing, but I got like 6 new games while in the midst of the game. I'm working on it though.

Crash Boom Bang how many times you beat ff 9 Lily's Avatar

Probably only about 4 times O_o I beat it not so long ago, but I'm itching to play it again, it's just so much fun and Ive not shown it half as much love as I have VII and VIII and it's easily one of my faves as well

Registered User how many times you beat ff 9 NeoAquarius12's Avatar

I have never beat Ozma. I tried him once. And he beat me in like, a minute. I was only level 55 or something like that. When I finish my current playthrough, I'll take him on for reals. I actually only found him on accident the first time. Just exploring after like an our of chocobo riding, and boom, dead. It was painful. haha

Registered User how many times you beat ff 9 Zidane77's Avatar

I've finished the game 8-10 times, at least the whole game 8 times and gotten everything at least 5-6 times except Excalibur II which is just insane, it's kinda the only bad thing about this game.
    I've played this game overall for at least 400 hours.

Would be cool to remake it without that and add more fun to the game, faster battle mode,more normal side-quests and more moogles

MaesterMika

Only three. It didn't present the type of story that was entrancing to me.

SubterraMaster

Since this Is my first Final Fantasy game I played, I've beaten this game about 3-4 times..

I love this game and It's the game that made me like Final Fantasy...

~SubterraMaster
    Last edited by SubterraMaster; 07-22-2010 at 06:32 AM.

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... how many times you beat ff 9 tre skills's Avatar

hmmmm? i think about three times for me XD!
    [Fav FF: IX & X ]

[Currently Playing: FF X-2]

[Final Fantasy's Beaten: FF VI (snes) - FF IX - FF X]

Beat that game countless times. I've did pretty much everything but reach Memoria under 12 hours It was my first and favourite FF game<3 I'd play it again but I've lost my PS1 memory card

Registered User how many times you beat ff 9 Kuja's Avatar

I beat it two or three times.

My first playthrough, I didn't do many of the sidequests and whatnot, so I was missing alot of stuff through it. And my recent playthrough, I have done the Chocobo sidequest, and everything, and got more powerful armor and whatnot...

Ahaha, I was playing this game, on my father's profile(Yesh... He used to play FF too.), and Zidane's around level 85 or so, and everyone else's level is under around 75ish, and I went to fight Omza, just for fun, and I ended up failing horribly... He killed me in under 5 minutes. I didn't last very long, considering how powerful my characters were... It was sad... XD
    "Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past...
    Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears.
    And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue."

Dan the man how many times you beat ff 9
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

I have beat this game 2 times....it is one of my favorites next to 7 and 10....I am currently on my third time playing it and surprisingly this will be the first time i do all of the side quests and do the optional bosses...I did beat down that dragon outside the grotto when i was in the late 30's though. great game

Badass Military Agent how many times you beat ff 9 Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

I beat it twice so far, kinda got sidetracked with other games but my first playthrough I had Zidane on like lvl 85 or something because I was grinding on the Grand Dragon lol. Yeah I'm horrible lol I killed off my other characters just to boost his lvls up.

I plan on restarting it soon

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by True Zidane View Post
    well there is one way to beat a grand dragon when you are level 19, at least for me. wat you do is, at the festival of the hunt, as soon as it starts head straight for the business district. go to the main foyer right next to the area were you fight the zanghol. there should only be like two fights on the way. after the clock gets to 5:00, make sure freyas in the lead before goin to fite the zanghol. wen you fight it, hit with freya wile zidane steals from it, cuz u can get mithril gloves. after you win, freya will be the victor and intstead of gil u will get a coral ring. wen u leave lindblum, go to qus marsh and get quina. then do some serious grinding outside of the grotto till evryone has learned the absorb lightning abil from the ring. then go thru until u get to the vine. go up, and make sure ur stocked up with potions, phoenix downs, pinions and hi potions if u get em. before u fight him make sure u have the ab. lightning abil. equipped as well as to make sure u got the best armor on. wen the battle starts, have vivi focus about twelve times before usin blizzara. the dragon will use thundaga, which will fully heal all members, which is y i told you to get the coral ring. have quinause blu magic and heal. have freya attack and heal. have zidane steal until evrything is gone. then attack. it should take about ten mins, but evry time u beat on u will gain about 4 levels until level 30
    Someone recently posted in here so I went back to read all the posts and I came across this response to my last post and I want to point something out. Yes the Coral Ring will let you Absorb Lightning but you can't learn the ability Absorb Lightning Element, you'd have to have 4 Coral Rings for your strategy to work because you need to have the Coral Ring equipped in order to absorb Lightning. I'm almost certain you'd have to wait til much later in the game to be able to acquire/synthesize 3 more Coral Rings so that you are impermeable to his Thundaga attack. Also by that time Quina has probablu learned Level 5 Death and the Level 60 Grand Dragons are an easy kill with one cast.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast