Thread: How do you kill sand golems?

mitchellA

How do you kill sand golems?

My four (14th level) characters do about 1000 pts of damage to a sand golem (already stole two objects) per round and it collapses. The next round, while it is collapsed, my characters only do 1/8th damage. The next round, the golems gem flashes, it gets up, and I'm back to doing 1000 pts of damage. The next round it collapses and I'm back to doing 1/8th damage. The next round, the gem flashes and the golem gets back up again...
    I finally quit after all my magic and patience was used up (I did over 18000 pts of damage to this thing and it did not die).
    The golem never attacks, it just takes damage, collapses, takes less damage, gets up and takes more damage.
    The walkthroughs I've read all say this golem has 343HP and that ice spells do major damage, so 1000 HP damage should kill it (400+ pts of damage from Vivi's Blizzara spell alone), but the golem just isn't dying.
    Any helpful suggestions (other than fleeing... I want the XP's)?

TFF's Resident Messenger How do you kill sand golems? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: How do you kill sand golems?

In these battles there is a strategy. What I've always done is hit the sand Golem until he collapses, and then have Vivi use Blizzard or Blizzara on the red jewel thing. I guess you can call the jewel the Sand Golem's heart. In order to defeat a Sand Golem, you have to kill the heart.

But be careful. If you hit the heart while the Sand Golem is a golem, he will punch back, and hard. So make sure to attack the heart when he's a pile of sand. You'll know when he's about to change back into a golem because the heart shakes and flashes.

Boxer of the Galaxy How do you kill sand golems? Rowan's Avatar

Ive always just got Vivi to use blizzara on the heart, instant kill I believe. From memory, the sand golems give a decent amount of EXP at that level in the game. Remember to steal from the upcoming boss!

Hit the core with Ice magic and then take the Golem down easy peasy.

Registered User How do you kill sand golems? Cry For Garnet's Avatar
    Use blizzara on the gem 'heart' in the golems chest, or use Zidane's attack if he has a decent enough weapon and strength stat, then once it collapses attack it normally, it usually revives itself after 2 or 3 attacks, then repeat the process, dont attack its main body whilst it is 'standing' or it will counter-attack you, which can be pretty nasty if you are a low level or don't bother healig during battles at this point in the game.
    Last edited by Cry For Garnet; 05-18-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Grammatical Error