Thread: How defeat Beatrix on the disc1?

How defeat Beatrix on the disc1?

I don't know, how defeat Beatrix on the disc1, your party is Zidane, Freya and Vivi, but the hability "Shock" Kill one member on the party, but she use in all, how i defeat?

Edit: I need post this on the topic of questions? Sorry, i don't know this.
    Last edited by TheBlackMage; 10-27-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Riding the waves of adventure How defeat Beatrix on the disc1? RainingOasis's Avatar

Re: How defeat Beatrix on the disc1?

Here's what you do, use Freya as a healer (use her move Reis's Wind) but let her attack once in a while. Have Zidane and Vivi attack all the time and use Quina as a healer (use potions when your allies hp gets low) then you should be able to beat her. Also use phoenix downs if your allies fall (usually right away) I recommend buying ten of them or more. If that doesn't work just level up a little bit more. Have you upgraded your weapons? That usually helps a whole lot when going against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    Steiner isn't a choice in characters in the battle against Beatrix in Disc 1.
    Don't know why I put steiner in there, my bad.
    Last edited by RainingOasis; 10-27-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Enjoying the ride of life, one adventure at a time

TFF's Resident Messenger How defeat Beatrix on the disc1? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuzo View Post
    Here's what you do, ... use Steiner as a healer (use potions when your allies hp gets low) then you should be able to beat her.
    Steiner isn't a choice in characters in the battle against Beatrix in Disc 1. Your party in that battle is Zidane, Vivi, Freya, and Quina (optional).

The battle cannot actually be beaten, your job in this battle is too survive. By using Freya's ability Reis's Wind to heal, and Quina's Blue Magic spell Mighty Guard, that should keep you alive long enough for the battle to end.

Make sure to have Zidane steal as much as possible. In fact, you can usually have hime steal throughout the entire battle. There are some pretty nifty items you can take from Beatrix in the battle.

EDIT: After reading the original post, I have decided to add some stuff. Basically, with the party of three (Zidane, Vivi, and Freya), you may need to get more items. "Shock" may kill one character, but with some well-used Phoenix Downs, and Potions, you can have whoever is KO'ed back up to fighting in no time.
    Last edited by Michael Swayne; 10-27-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    Steiner isn't a choice in characters in the battle against Beatrix in Disc 1. Your party in that battle is Zidane, Vivi, Freya, and Quina (optional).

The battle cannot actually be beaten, your job in this battle is too survive. By using Freya's ability Reis's Wind to heal, and Quina's Blue Magic spell Mighty Guard, that should keep you alive long enough for the battle to end.

Make sure to have Zidane steal as much as possible. In fact, you can usually have hime steal throughout the entire battle. There are some pretty nifty items you can take from Beatrix in the battle.

EDIT: After reading the original post, I have decided to add some stuff. Basically, with the party of three (Zidane, Vivi, and Freya), you may need to get more items. "Shock" may kill one character, but with some well-used Phoenix Downs, and Potions, you can have whoever is KO'ed back up to fighting in no time.
    Thanks, i finally Defeat her, but now i need the second disc, ok, let's buy xD.

Registered User How defeat Beatrix on the disc1? Cry For Garnet's Avatar

How to defeat Beatrix.

There are several things you can do to make this, and many other boss battles, much easier.

1) As you leave Lindblum for the first time, you can go to the first Qu's marsh and recruit Quina to your party, you don't have to do this until you leave to go to the outer continent in disc two, but having an extra character in Zidane's party in disc 1 makes a world of difference, because quina's attack power is not bad if you put her in the 'front row' during battles and equip her with a decent weapon, also her Blue magic can be pretty handy if you have the right abilities.

2) This is specific to Beatrix and only works in certain versions of the game, but if you allow Freya to win the Festival of the Hunt in Lindblum, then she and the party get a single Coral Ring accessory as a prize, which absorbs thunder damage, this negates the damage done by Thunder strike and Shock for that character, it can also teach them the man-eater ability, which is handy for freya because at this point she can learn it from nothing else and it is the only thing Beatrix is weak to.

3) Level up more. It is possible to level up quikly at this point by killing Garudas on the popos heights which you can get to through Gizamalukes grotto, it is difficult but possible if Zidane has a good weapon and you get a bit lucky with the monster's attacks, but this is the fastest way to level up at this point, as long as you save and reheal after each battle you can level up quite a ways using this method.