Thread: levels

jnaundros09

levels

wat level should you have at the end of each disc to to stay ahead

Go with me, Exkaizer~ levels Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaundros09 View Post
    wat level should you have at the end of each disc to to stay ahead
    I don't remember exactly what levels you should be around, but you really shouldn't have to level up that much. If you just level up occasionally you should be fine. When I played, it wasn't that hard and I didn't have to do a lot of level grinding. If you are having a little bit of trouble with the normal enemies, then I would level up a level or two, but otherwise you shouldn't have to worry that much about leveling. You should level up pretty easily by just going to where you are supposed to go.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

And leveling up too early with weak equipments tend to lead to crappy stat boosts, too.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    And leveling up too early with weak equipments tend to lead to crappy stat boosts, too.
    I'm pretty sure you don't get stat boosts from your equipment as you level in this game...

You can beat this game with your levels between 50 and 60, so if I had to take a guess, I would say you should be at levels 15-20 after disk one, 30-35 after disk two, and 45-50 after disk three. These are just rough estimates because I can't remember the levels I was at, but like I said you should have no problems and if you are worried you can just level up whenever you feel like it.
    Last edited by Treize; 06-13-2009 at 12:13 AM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

Shake it like a polaroid picture levels RagnaToad's Avatar
    Yes, you do get stat boosts from you equipment!

I never level grind when I play it. The Bosses are not that hard if you know what their "blind spots" are. But if it's your first time you play this game I suggest you train a little before Antlion (Cleyra). That should do it. I can't remember any hard bosses further in the game, except maybe Ark, just don't bring any magic-users to Oeilvert and you should be fine though. Maybe stealing that Holy Lance could be hard, but that's it. After a while you get Auto-Regen anyway. Oh yeah, Tantarian might be hard on the first try so even though the Demon's Mail you can steal and the Running Shoes you get are really nice that early in the game, you can always kill him the second time you're in Alexandria castle, and there's no clock (I think).

Though if you're going for max stats at the end you might want to keep your level as low as possible (like I do, avoid random encounters on the world map by pressing the D-pad over and over again, and using the chocobo). At least until you get Power Belt for Steiner. Cause in the end you're gonna want to level with Dark Matter and stuff.

Conclusion: you don't have to train until right before you enter Cleyra maybe. But be sure to have enough money to buy some items you can't get anymore like when you're in Lindlbum. (You can go earn some Gil when you have Freya and Vivi in your party outside of Lindblum, so you won't get level up too much with low equipment, but you will get the same Gil per battle. ^_^)

Trick: When you're in Gargan Roo in Treno, save at the moogle. Equip Marcus with the Blood Sword, unequip Garnet and Steiner with everything and kill them in a battle. Now you can kill a lot of those Crawlers, who give around 450 exp. and 3 AP and nice Gil! You can go back in town and buy some of that stuff again. That way, Steiner and Garnet don't get bad stats because of low equipment, cause they're, you know, DEAD

And I know Eiko's stats are linked to Marcus' stats, but not her level. So you will get higher stats for Eiko too, but her level won't be higher when you get her. Ain't that nice.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-13-2009 at 05:23 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    Yes, you do get stat boosts from you equipment!
    I must not have paid close enough attention to my stats while I was leveling.

Also it sounds like this is your first time playing the game, so you really wouldn't have to worry about maxing your stats. This game can be beaten pretty easily when your levels are in the 50s. You might already be past these parts, but I usually level up a little bit before Gizamaluke's Grotto, before Cleyra, and when you get to the new continent during the second disk. The further you get in the game, the easier it becomes in my opinion. This is one of the easier Final Fantasy games, so you really don't have to level grind very much if at all.
    TFF Family:

Shake it like a polaroid picture levels RagnaToad's Avatar
    Squall333 is mostly right.

I just remembered another tough boss, consdiering you might want to steal that Flute from him (forgot which flute it is). The Hill Gigas, or was it just Hilgigas.

It would be a nice challenge to go to Oeilvert with magic users only, hehe. But I advise you not to do that.

And about the game being easy, that's mostly because there are a lot of elemnts in it that veterans of the series understand really well. Like I said, every boss has its blind spot, and if you've played the game a few times, you'll know exactly what to do.

Or you can always use a walkthrough, but I think it's more fun not to use one the first time you beat the game. Except for sidequests. There aren't that many important missables (apart from some weapons, key items and the Namingway card) anyway. And you'll probably play it again from the start, when you've figured out the whole FF IX concept.

peace out
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ levels SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    I was around lvl 18 when I finished the first disc, 31 on the second, and I beat the game at 54, so somewhere around those levels should be good for you ^.^
    My TFF Family! <3

Fate, my cuddly and lovable brother-in-law.

Armageddon, my awesome, evil, chaotic younger brother.

Re: levels

I was about 45 on disk two just to test myself, I went mental on the plateau above Gizzamaluke grotto (<--- I think thats how you spell it) I ended up doing it with one reflect ring (from treno auction house) and then beating grand dragons to learn the auto reflect, move to new person and repeat, all this before getting lvl 5 death, I wonder if I can get to level 99 on disk one this way........ New challange I think.

Has anyone got to level 99 on disk one before?
    Games beaten:- Crisis core, FF7 FF9 FF10. I need more time to game

TFF's Resident Messenger levels Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Leveling Up in FFIX

I have always found the game quite easy with my Leveling Up routine. What I would do is every time I was on the field screen (the screen with the map) I would just take a lap. Take a lap on the entire area. After leaving Evil Forest, take a lap. Each time I left Lindblum, take a lap. I would Level Up, learn items abilities, earn lots of Gil. I found then that the boss battles weren't that bad. They left the battle just easy enough to know I would win, but not too easy and make it a walk in the park.

In my current playthrough, I finished Disc 1 at Level 13-15 (Zidane, Vivi, Freya, and Quina). I will update when I finish each of the other discs.