Thread: finally playing ffix seriously

finally playing ffix seriously

i played this game a few times, but never got far because i kinda lost interest....but picked it up again. Right now im at the part in disc 1 where you help out in the kingdom of bulimia or something.

what is yalls take on the game? what do you think of zidane? kinda funny how hes a ladies man, but i dont really like how he helps dagger just because she is cute. also thought it was messed up how
    SPOILER!!:
    he got vivi to join the hunting event by saying he will hook him up with dagger, because really he is the one who wants dagger...so i kinda get the impression he uses people.

I really do like Vivi, i see a lot of myself in him, with the low self esteem and depression, i hope everything works out for us both.

also lotta sensual material in the game, like
    SPOILER!!:
    when daggers changing and steiner has the option to look lol...and my favorite part -when climbing the ladder on the airship "ooh soft!"
    hey

Registered User finally playing ffix seriously

This is a very underrated game and the farther through the game you get the better the game gets! I bet you thoroughly enjoy it if you played it through!

It's one of the only games where I can complete it then as the credits finish, restart the console and start the game a fresh without a break! It's that good!

Now where's my psp and ffix card??

Registered User finally playing ffix seriously Sheechiibii's Avatar
    FFIX is a great game, one of my favourite along with X and VIII. Zidane does start out as a bit of a twat but that makes his development over the course of the game even better. I think I'll play IX again next, it's been a while since I did.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Woot got y'all in the mood for ix!!
    Yeah u guys should start again and get this forum poppin' so I don't feel alone playing it
    hey

I started again a bit ago just kidnapped the princess

Quote Originally Posted by Niall_farley View Post
    I started again a bit ago just kidnapped the princess
    Gratz!

I been seeing this pic where Vivi looks up and it says "how can we prove we exist? Maybe we don't"

Can anyone say what thats about without spoiling anything?

I think vivi is cool
    hey

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth finally playing ffix seriously Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future Angel View Post
    I been seeing this pic where Vivi looks up and it says "how can we prove we exist? Maybe we don't"

Can anyone say what thats about without spoiling anything?

I think vivi is cool

There are several strong scenes through out the game where Vivi questions not just his own existence, but existence as a whole, though I guess you'll find out soon enough. Though it may appear as a lighthearted game Final Fantasy IX covers some serious themes, life and death in particular...

and yes, Vivi is indeed cool.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Vivi is awesome and the end scene with vivi is one of the best end scenes ever

Re: finally playing ffix seriously

This game is awesome and one of my favorite in the series. I'm currently playing it again on my android tablet and am up to disc 3. I beat it a long time ago and fell in love with the characters. Vivi is awesome. So is zidane.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by smokedkill View Post
    This game is awesome and one of my favorite in the series. I'm currently playing it again on my android tablet and am up to disc 3. I beat it a long time ago and fell in love with the characters. Vivi is awesome. So is zidane.

Lol using emulator?
    I got ff 1-9 with nes, snes and ps1 emulators on my iPad!
    hey

Re: finally playing ffix seriously

I have final fantasy 9 on disc also. I use the emulators because it's more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Angel View Post
    Lol using emulator?
    I got ff 1-9 with nes, snes and ps1 emulators on my iPad!
    Woh Woh Woh.... Can someone explain how to get all these on my iPad? I have 1,2 and 3 on my pad but want the original emulators an all the games on my pad!!!!

Registered User finally playing ffix seriously EmperorLeo's Avatar
    One of my favorite aspects of this game is if you just set the controller down at the main menu screen and let the game fade to an image with each character and a saying or belief. Zidane's sticks with me since the first time I saw it as a kid and Freya's is also very powerful, but every time I see Vivi's I get chills. Its very simple but extremely powerful.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy finally playing ffix seriously Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see someone who's picked up the game and stuck with it. Even though I've played FFVIII nonstop these days, FFIX still remains as my #1 favorite.

You pretty much have to take your time and enjoy it. The storyline is great, but I once had to restart because I didn't have enough Gil and was way underleveled. Looking back on it, though, it was just a newb mistake that I have thankfully learned from. Like Xanathos mentioned, the game covers some serious subjects, some which I happen to live by today (Kuja's view on death, to name one).

You got any questions, let me know as well. I still remember many things from it though I haven't played it in forever.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Registered User finally playing ffix seriously Cry For Garnet's Avatar
    I have played Final Fantasy IX 22 Times

I took it seriously as a seven year old

It is the single most emotionally significant anything in my life

Yes, I do need to lighten up, but my opinion of Final Fantasy IX is ridiculously strong