Thread: Final Fantasy VIII being Re-released for the PC

The Quiet One Final Fantasy VIII being Re-released for the PC Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy VIII being Re-released for the PC

Square Enix has announced today that they will be bring Final Fantasy VIII back to the PC platform. They are re-releasing the game, but they are going to be providing it with an update, saying that it will feature high resolution graphics. The screenshots I found came from the original PC port of the game, I'm pretty sure. So there are no screenshots of the updated game available currently. It is likely that this will probably see NA shores.

Source: Final Fantasy VIII Is Coming To PC With High Resolution Graphics | Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy VIII being Re-released for the PC-ffviiilogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Consistently Average Final Fantasy VIII being Re-released for the PC Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've never seen a PC version of VII or VIII around here, it's possible I haven't been looking very hard. If it's just giong to be updated graphics, then I don't really see any reason for buying it, the ps1 version isn't exactly ugly.

I wish they would make a shiny new version of V and VI. The GBA ones are great, I just think it's time they were shown a bit more love instead of getting a new version of I, II and IV every other year.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

The Quiet One Final Fantasy VIII being Re-released for the PC Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It'll probably be made available on steam. So that'll help with the availability of the game.

An updated FFV did come out this a few months back, it was just on the iOS platform rather than the 3DS or other traditional gaming platform.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VIII being Re-released for the PC Xanatos's Avatar
    Great news, love FF VIII, plus finally it won't be a pain in the ass to install it on a new os.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    I really wish instead of doing spinoffs and shit they would just remake the older games with shiny graphics and higher quality audio, keep everything else the same, and release it as "Final Fantasy HD Series" or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I love the older games as they are, but I have to admit they can look kind of crap on HDTVs. I hope the high res graphics on this new release of VIII are a step in that direction.

If they put it on PSN (I'm sure they will eventually), I'll totally buy it. Love VIII.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn