Thread: Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks

The Lone Dagger Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks Xithor's Avatar

Post Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks

For every Final Fantasy, since the introduction of voice actors in Final Fantasy X, when I go back to play the Playstation Final Fantasies I have an image of what the voice of the various characters sound like so I decided to ask everyone's opinion. Create your cast for the voice actors and a reason why they'd fit the role best. Tried to add a movie they've been in so you can picture them as the characters. Here's my list of the main characters as well as some of the supporting players:

Main Characters
    Zidane - Ryan Reynolds (The Proposal)

Zidane would need to be both a sarcastic and witty character that also can flex his dramatic muscle at the same time. Ryan Reynolds in my mind would be great protraying Zidane because he has the sarcastic humor like his character in Blade Trinity but can be a good dramatic actor as well (Definitely Maybe)

Garnet - Rachel McAdams (Sherlock Holmes)

I almost went with Anne Hathaway because she's portrayed a princess before but I like McAdams because I feel she could capture the vast array of emotion that Garnet exhibits throughout the story.

Steiner - Patrick Warburton (Get Smart)

What a strong voice to have in the cast and he would be more then capable of portraying the strong willed and stubborn knight better than anyone else I can think of.

Vivi - Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings)

Tough to find a good voice for Vivi but I chose to go with Elijah because his voice is more boyish and not as deep which would suit Vivi.

Freya - Uma Thurman (Kill Bill)

Uma as always played strong females and Freya is no exception. Uma's voice with Freya's attitude, persona, and fighting ability is very good to think about.

Amarant - Christian Bale (The Dark Knight)

You need someone that has played a loner because that is the one word that describes Amarant. Bale has been on his own as Batman in the two blockbuster movies and his strong voice means he'd be a great pick for Amarant the harden hired arm.

Quina - Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda)

Well this is just a stab in the dark since even the game refers to Quina as s/he but Black could def pull off the way that Quina talks and acts. I don't know about this one though.

Eiko - Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine)

She is such a great child actor and she would easily be able to capture the youthfulness along with the depth that the young character provides.

Supporting Characters
    Kuja - James Franco (Spiderman 3)

A very skilled actor than can definitely handle being the villian. Great choice for the cynical Kuja

Garland - Willem Dafoe (Daybreakers)

Had to think hard about this one but Dafoe has a unique voice and it would seemingly fit with the dark and ominous Garland.

Baku - Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart)

An extremely talented actor whose roles often get over-looked. He would play the admirable leader of Tantulus wonderfully.

Blank - Scott Foley (Cougar Town)

Most of his roles have been in TV series but he plays a great "good guy" so I think he'd bring the mentor/guide that would compliment Zidane as well as Marcus and Cinna very nicely.

Marcus - Mark Wahlberg (Shooter)

Strong character of Marcus played by a strong and determined actor in Mark Wahlberg, enough said. Haha

Cinna - Zack Braff (Garden State)

Braff I believe would be able to capture the quirkiness that Cinna often exhibits but also be able to be intellectual through the sound of his voice.

Lani - Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers)

Amarant's partner and for some reason I've seen her as having an Australian voice. Just give Isla a mic and let her have at it.

Cid - Liam Neeson (Taken)

Another strong voice and has the sound of a wise man, fits perfectly in my opinion.

Beatrix - Jessica Biel (Valentine's Day)

I can't think of a stronger female actress to portray the General of Alexandria. He role in Blade Trinity shows that she can handle her own in combat.
    Last edited by Xithor; 04-06-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Let's make it rain. Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks Jonathanx221's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks

I just laughed so hard for the Jack Black one, Rachel McAdams was a good choice for Garnet, but why not Natalie Portman? Ahaha, she's amazing. Or the voice actor for Vanille? NOT. Ahaha. For some reason, I want Steiner to be voiced my samuel l jackson. But then he'd have to say F*ck somewhere in the story at least once, and he's not black... Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    I just laughed so hard for the Jack Black one, Rachel McAdams was a good choice for Garnet, but why not Natalie Portman? Ahaha, she's amazing. Or the voice actor for Vanille? NOT. Ahaha. For some reason, I want Steiner to be voiced my samuel l jackson. But then he'd have to say F*ck somewhere in the story at least once, and he's not black... Darn.
    I had no idea who to put in there as Quina haha. Natalie Portman is actually a wonderful actress who would perform in the role very well, she was amazing in Garden State opposite of Zack Braff. Unless you were being sarcastic lol I can't tell but I still like Portman as well

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Let's make it rain. Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks Jonathanx221's Avatar

No, Portman is amazing. I love her. Garden state was brilliant. Hey, have you seen the movie Leon: The Profesional? it's a brilliant movie as well, but anyway back on topic. Her voice is great so if she played a voice actor for that game I would s*it my pants.

Couldn't agree with you more so maybe Portman could get inserted where I put McAdams to being with lol would anyone change people in the other roles?

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Not too sure about Elijah Wood. Even if he does have a boyish sounding voice I think he would sound too old for Vivi.

Definetely supporting Patrick Warburton, I can imagine Steiner shouting in his voice right before he crashed into that wall.

LOL at Jack Black as Quina.
    Last edited by scorptatious; 07-29-2010 at 11:20 AM.

The Brave Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks

Arrow Re: Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks

I would like to have Johnny Depp playing the role of Steiner. I don't know why, it just popped into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisbet View Post
    I would like to have Johnny Depp playing the role of Steiner. I don't know why, it just popped into my head.
    That would certainly boost ticket sales by a whole lot. If you know what I mean.

Also:
    Steiner: (poses) "I'm Captain Adelbert Steiner"

Johnny Depp would boost ticket sales for sure but have you heard Warburton's voice? He sounds like a knight. One of his most known roles is Joe on Family Guy, I mean come on that screams Steiner to me. Here is a video clip of Warburton:

YouTube - RedEye: Interview with Patrick Warburton

Could Depp fit anywhere else?

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    Johnny Depp would boost ticket sales for sure but have you heard Warburton's voice? He sounds like a knight. One of his most known roles is Joe on Family Guy, I mean come on that screams Steiner to me. Here is a video clip of Warburton:

YouTube - RedEye: Interview with Patrick Warburton

Could Depp fit anywhere else?
    I didn't say Warburton wouldn't boost ticket sales. In fact I do believe Warburton would fit the part perfectly. I was just pointing out that Depp has a massive fangirl following. XD
    Last edited by scorptatious; 07-30-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scorptatious View Post
    I didn't say Warburton wouldn't boost ticket sales. In fact I do believe Warburton would fit the part perfectly. I was just pointing out that Depp has a massive fangirl following. XD
    Yea I know you did, that response was more meant for Alisbet lol I know you liked Warburton as Steiner. If I was gonna stink Depp in their I would want him to be a starring role so maybe he could replace James Franco as Kuja, he could definitely play the villian of the story, plus Kuja has an interesting look to begin with and that's right up Depp's alley right? lol

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Registered User Final Fantasy IX Voice Cast Picks Aadria's Avatar

All I can think of, as far as video games go, when I hear Elijah Wood talk is Spyro. I think that would REALLY mess me up to hear Spyro the Dragon's voice coming out of Vivi. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    Yea I know you did, that response was more meant for Alisbet lol I know you liked Warburton as Steiner. If I was gonna stink Depp in their I would want him to be a starring role so maybe he could replace James Franco as Kuja, he could definitely play the villian of the story, plus Kuja has an interesting look to begin with and that's right up Depp's alley right? lol
    Oh, my bad.

Johney Depp would make a good Kuja though, they are both kind of flamboyent when need be.
    Last edited by scorptatious; 07-30-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aadria View Post
    All I can think of, as far as video games go, when I hear Elijah Wood talk is Spyro. I think that would REALLY mess me up to hear Spyro the Dragon's voice coming out of Vivi. LOL
    Omg you're right he is Spyro! Well my choice for Vivi is slowly becoming a bad idea haha, officially opening up the voting for a new Vivi. Ready go!

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Yeah. The only voice I can think of that I could see going with Vivi is Kenny's voice from South Park. Muffled mumbling and all. But that wouldn't work too well since Vivi has some awesome lines. I guess they'd need subtitles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aadria View Post
    Yeah. The only voice I can think of that I could see going with Vivi is Kenny's voice from South Park. Muffled mumbling and all. But that wouldn't work too well since Vivi has some awesome lines. I guess they'd need subtitles lol.
    Oh my god! They killed Vivi!

LOL that would have to be a subtitle any time he got KO'd in a battle.

Hahaha that one made me burst out laughing, I could see Vivi having that muffled voice but he says so many important lines that you just gotta hear him.

On an unrelated note, on the suggestion of Zargabaath another possible voice for Steiner: John Goodman. I think it's actually a great pick bc Warburton is the man but you can't compare Brock Samson to much of anyone lol

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away