Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Xanatos's Avatar

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

As if I needed another reason to play Final Fantasy VIII again. In terms of actual gameplay they showed very little, character models look pretty good, but everything else looks the same and that's kinda my issue here. High-res models surrounded by low-res blocky pixalated enviroment, it just looks jarring. Will play it either way, but wish they showed more, perhaps done a comparison video, orginal vs remaster.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any excuse I can make to buy another FF game on my PS4 is good enough for me.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Bananarama Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I saw this trailer yesterday and I think I'd need some more info about what I'm actually getting in this new package. If they clean up some story elements and maybe make the game a little more challenging, that would be nice on top of polishing up the graphics and music.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I saw this trailer yesterday and I think I'd need some more info about what I'm actually getting in this new package. If they clean up some story elements and maybe make the game a little more challenging, that would be nice on top of polishing up the graphics and music.
    Nah, they will just tidy the graphics and sound as best as they can and add that fast forward mode, that will be pretty much it, if they start changing the actual game people will get mad.

I'm actually looking forward to playing it again, i can barely remember it, i havent played it since release. The only thing i can remember really is that the games story was decent up to a certain point and then falls to shit

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Xanatos's Avatar
    I highly doubt they'll touch anything story wise, it will most probably be the same thing as with Final Fantasy IX Remastered. Better character models, although in VIII it looks like they've done completely new models, sharper backgrounds, higher resolution, anti aliasing, and some features/cheats to make things easier for those that want to rush through it.

Honestly, I just hope they somehow incorporate Chocobo World into it.

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Rowan's Avatar
    Theres actually evidence its going to be voice acted. I was watching a video and they found some code about the game and it said something along the line of having japanese and english voice options.

you heard it here first, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Theres actually evidence its going to be voice acted. I was watching a video and they found some code about the game and it said something along the line of having japanese and english voice options.
    If true, that will actually be cool.

I doubt it, as interesting as it may be, it would have been something they would have announced at E3 considering its out before the years out..

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    I doubt it, as interesting as it may be, it would have been something they would have announced at E3 considering its out before the years out..
    Good point. However, when FF7 remastered was announced, it was released that very day (Im pretty sure). The fact that FF8 remastered was announced and we still dont have a release date makes me think there's something going on. However, it is unlike SE to not announce something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Good point. However, when FF7 remastered was announced, it was released that very day (Im pretty sure). The fact that FF8 remastered was announced and we still dont have a release date makes me think there's something going on. However, it is unlike SE to not announce something.
    Well they have said it will be released before the years out, plus if the delay was because of the loss of the source code, that could be reason enough for the lack of specific release date.

Id say "remastering" FFVII was a drop in the ocean compared to VIII..

On top of that note, id prefer if there werent any voice acting done, keep it original, ill likely be playing it on the switch handheld anyway

Blog Entries
    Since this game is out I will put my take on it.

Was actually pretty bummed that on Steam I have to pay $20 for a remastered game that I really already own. I compare it to Skyrim when the remastered version came out those that owned it got it. And anyone who says the amount of work taken for this "remaster" is close that done on a game like Skyrim is a fool. I library share on steam with a buddy of mine so fortunately I didn't have to pay for this game. When I heard the remastered I think something great like when FFX was in it there was a clear difference in the visuals of the game and even the music. FF8 brought none of that.

As far as the game it plays like FF8 no complaints there. I am a pretty big fan of the 3x speed feature but then when I saw some of the options my jaw dropped. Dumbing down gaming to the ultimate level for people.

Battle assist options (HP, ATB gauge, and Limit Break boosts)
    Game speed boost (x3)
    No random encounters
    Obtain all items and abilities
    Max G.F. levels, currency (gil), and spells
    Obtain all Limit Breaks and cards

What a list of features lol. Why try to play when you can just click a button.

Been playing through and am at the start of Disc 3 on it. Guess it is good cause it reminded how good of a story FF8 had.

Digital Foundry did a breakdown of Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, and honestly, I'm kinda amazed and disappointed at how sloppy they did some parts. No analog movement even if you own an analog controller, no rumble, no 60FPS, no Chocobo World... it seems the only actual effort that went into this remaster are the new character models, which are impressive, but ultimately jarring next to only slightly improved background images. Meh, will play it anyways, only wish more effort went into it.

Bananarama Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm kinda glad I haven't picked this up based on the lackluster reviews. I loved FF8, but I'm a little disappointed with the lack of effort put into the remaster. Might just stick with my original copy for now
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    I'm kinda glad I haven't picked this up based on the lackluster reviews. I loved FF8, but I'm a little disappointed with the lack of effort put into the remaster. Might just stick with my original copy for now
    I understand how you feel on that. My only hope is that the modding community will get ahold of this and do something much better than what they did with the original one.

We're al hoping for some great and cool mods, I hope there will be some soon.

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip
    Last edited by Shivaa; 01-11-2020 at 02:07 PM.

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but I highly doubt we'll see any meaningful mods. Why? It's pretty much the same code as the previous PC version, it's simply not mod friendly, one of the reason why the original never got any impressive mods, Final Fantasy III, IV and IX as well.