Thread: FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network

Eye in the Sky FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network Fuzz's Avatar

Post FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network

Looks like Square Enix is finally going to keep releasing some of those Playstation classics to the PSN network, available through the PS3. Who's going to download this thing? I probably will just for the fun of it.

--NEWS 12/16/09 ---

We already knew about Final Fantasy VIII on the Japanese PSN, but today we bring you word that the adventures of Squall and his improbably associated friends will be heading to the United States in the near future. The game has been confirmed for the US PSN store, and it will be coming "soon."

The news comes from Sony itself in an email to customers, where it was listed in the "coming soon" section. I think that pretty much seals the deal, right?

Source: Destructoid

----

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Little Pandemonic Carnival FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network Insufficient Mage's Avatar
    That's so weird, my friend and I were just talking about this last night on the phone. He was hoping VIII would come out on PSN because his copy doesn't work anymore, and I figured, "If they released VII, then yeah, they'll release VIII and probably IX."

Sweet! Digital copies of PSX games are nice, because they WORK.

masteroftime

I love that game!

I love VIII. I was really hoping that they would relaese VIII and IX on the PSN. Someone stole my copies all three games from me. i have VII now on my psp. I beat VIII 3 times on the psx.
    Last edited by masteroftime; 12-16-2009 at 03:02 PM.

masteroftime

I love that game!

sorry about having two comments on this page my bad.
    Last edited by masteroftime; 12-16-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Master of the Shadow Key FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I never got around to playing FFVIII so I'm definitely playing this. I will buy this as soon as "soon" comes around.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Gunblade wielder FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network Nunubx's Avatar
    Anyone got 20 bucks I can borrow from so I can buy a PSN card for when this game comes?
    "This is my story. It'll go the way I want it... or I'll end it here."-Tidus

“You are who you are. Believe in yourself.“-Bartz

Echo4Lima
    This is actually the only FF game I haven't played, so I'm looking forward to this.

FF:Zero (RMXP) - Writer/Director FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network Petros's Avatar
    Anyone got any idea when the EU release is?
    WRITER & DIRECTOR

Made with RPG Maker XP

Visit our website at:

I do what you can't. FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network Sasquatch's Avatar
    Hahahahah, that's odd -- I downloaded it a few days ago (already had VII and Tactics on my PS3), and have been playing it since. I didn't even know about this thread or anything because I haven't been into FFVIII for the last decade or so.

So yeah -- good stuff. It'd be nice if they released more Final Fantasy games through the PSN, but I'm not sure if I see too much of that happening.

(Right now, I'm prettymuch just starting disc 2, headed through the missile base.)

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

ShitmouthsGuitarist
    i knew it was only a matter of time but what im really waiting for is an ff6 remake. anyone wanting to lan emulators for snes games write me

Re: FFVIII coming to the Playstation Network

Now my friends have no excuse to not play Final Fantasy VIII, i'll make sure they ALL download it, to experience this fantastic game =]

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! !!!!

All my old rants of not being able to play the PS version on the PS3 have been sorted!

zubman

i dont like it is like a gig of memory so if you have a psp you have to have 4gb mem card

Quote Originally Posted by zubman View Post
    i dont like it is like a gig of memory so if you have a psp you have to have 4gb mem card
    You know those 4 discs you have? They are about 2 gbs all together. Be glad it's 1gb on the PSN.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

so sad that it doesn't have chocobo world but it's pretty good. haven't experienced anything different