Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: FFIX Helpline (possible spoilers ahead)

Oh Boy! FFIX Helpline  (possible spoilers ahead) Lavos's Avatar

Re: FFIX Helpline (possible spoilers ahead)

yeesh, Excalibur II, I remember getting that.

If you want to do some sidequests that is great, but some are just two strenuous. One that may be a stretch is at least getting Choco. That way you can bypass a majority of random battles whilst walking in the world map. Every other place doesn't exactly seem important to go way out of your way for. You may go for the items in Mt. Gulug if you want, and Esto Gaza is only important to buy the Octogon Rod so Vivi can cast his -aga spells.

FINISH HIM!

Certified tech, come at me! FFIX Helpline  (possible spoilers ahead) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a question regarding the character abilities you get from certain equipment. If you master the ability that comes equipped with the weapon or armor, do you get to keep the ability to equip or unequip as you equip other weapon/armor?
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy FFIX Helpline  (possible spoilers ahead) Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    I have a question regarding the character abilities you get from certain equipment. If you master the ability that comes equipped with the weapon or armor, do you get to keep the ability to equip or unequip as you equip other weapon/armor?

The answer to your question is simply , Yes.

Certified tech, come at me! FFIX Helpline  (possible spoilers ahead) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I started to do another playthrough of this game and this time I'm going for something a bit suicidal (grand dragon @ level 10) and I was wondering, is it possible to conquer this challenge? I understand I need a lot of phoenix downs, plenty of ethers, and vivi needs to be equipped with coral ring. Do I just need to keep challenging the dragon until I get the pattern down? or is there something else required to do this exploit?
    Currently Playing:

Since level5 Death is way later in the game. Your best option is to get Quina's Blu Magic Limit Glove and start it off at 1hp against the Grand Dragon and use Limit Glove and possible a few more hits. Good luck it's level60? or 65? I forget.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Since level5 Death is way later in the game. Your best option is to get Quina's Blu Magic Limit Glove and start it off at 1hp against the Grand Dragon and use Limit Glove and possible a few more hits. Good luck it's level60? or 65? I forget.
    so is it possible to kill grand dragons when you first discover them early in disc one? if so, you could easily max out your party for a early game thrashing. Ive always wanted to try that.

Good luck they cast Thundaga.

Edit: Might have to look it up but can you get a Coral Ring before the Groto?

Edit Edit: Or any Thunder Absorb? I don't remember.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Good luck they cast Thundaga.

Edit Edit: Or any Thunder Absorb? I don't remember.
    I remember vividly that thundaga could be absorbed, but the problem was the slash attack and dishing out the damage.

True but I believe the script for Grand Dragon is casting Thundaga more often than those attacks. Still not an encounter at that level you can hold X for lol.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

TFF's Resident Messenger FFIX Helpline  (possible spoilers ahead) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, if you let Freya win the Festival of the Hunt, you receive the Coral Ring add-on, thus guaranteeing that at least one of your party can withstand Thundaga spells.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    Yes, if you let Freya win the Festival of the Hunt, you receive the Coral Ring add-on, thus guaranteeing that at least one of your party can withstand Thundaga spells.
    That's right thank you!

Freya is the best choice to let win the Festival of the Hunt mainly because if you did the Fight Scene during the intro of the game flawlessly you should have 10k gil already.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6