Thread: FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore!

The British Guy. FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore!

MY copy of the game kept crashing at the first SeeD field exam when I looked out the ship. Magically it is revived and i plan to play it lots and lots. So i wanted to know any little tips and tricks people already know about the game such as using demi is a very easy way to defeat the GF Diablos and you can draw demi from it.

Just little helpful snippets of information.
    Thanks.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Re: FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore!

lol my brother just realized that he could play PS one games on the PS3 -_-; haha silly boys. He wanted to play VIII again.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

The Persistent Flourish FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! Alice's Avatar

I thought for a moment you were talking about the game mechanics. I was thinking, "Wait, did someone make a mod for the PC version where you can't abuse the junction system? :/"

But that's great to hear. Hope you have tons of fun. As for tips, I don't really have any. Have good a good STR and HP so Squall can unleash his limit break at a decent level of HP.

The Lone Dagger FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! Xithor's Avatar

Here is a tip, there is one great place to get AP for your GF's once you get the Ragnarok and that is Cactuar Island. I'm talking like 40 AP per fight from the little cactuar's. Other then that have fun! Oh one more thing, don't let the Random rule spread anywhere with the Triple Triad Card Game lol

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Registered User FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore!

Enemies level up just like your characters do, so leveling up your characters is kind of pointless in this game. You'll actually have an easier time with enemies if your levels are low. Good stats are pretty much based on junctioning magic, so use Card Mod or keep drawing magic from places/enemies until you get your stats up to snuff and you'll be annihilating your foes with ease.

Well, there's my little contribution to the thread.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

Triple Triad is your friend and getting awesome cards can help you with just about anything. You can also get all the cards (even the rare level 9/10 cards) from the Queen in Disc 4 if you know where to find her. It's a great way to save all the rare ones until that point or another tricky spot, then cardmod a bunch of stuff you need and play the card Queen for the cards again.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Cloud816

Quote Originally Posted by Squall~Dissidia View Post
    MY copy of the game kept crashing at the first SeeD field exam when I looked out the ship. Magically it is revived and i plan to play it lots and lots. So i wanted to know any little tips and tricks people already know about the game such as using demi is a very easy way to defeat the GF Diablos and you can draw demi from it.
    Just little helpful snippets of information.
    Thanks.
    I have two tips/hints to share with you. PSX version idk if they work on PC.. 1. Increase summon strength: When summoning a GF, hold select and you should see a cursor and square button icon. Rapidly tap square until you see a red X, wait until it dissapears and continue until the summon sequence ends. This can drastically increase damage done by summons. 2. More limit breaks. As we all know, ff8 limit breaks go on crisis level (lower health=more limit breaks). When at critical, yellow hp, repeatedly press O button. You will get more limit break occurances like this.

.............. FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! smurphy's Avatar

First and foremost, when it comes to triple triad, like someone already said dont let the random rule spread but this applies more to the plus and random rules as these are detrimental even when against weak cards with the strongest.

If you want easy gil when you get carbuncle learn recovery med rf. With this you can refine 4 tents into 1 megapotion. Since 4 tents cost 4000 gil and you can sell each megapotion for 5000 gil you can easily make a lot of gil very quickly.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

FFVIII ROCKS ND SO DOES FFVII FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! squall_cloud_hpf's Avatar

to lvl up quick go 2 the research facility nd keep moving wen the light on u will get tones of fights with bout 500 xp each if u get 3 enemys nd u get 6 ap per fight btw use shiva it afective vs anaconda things never go into the light unles ur gud enough to kil lots of ruby drags nd fight a gf
    Last edited by squall_cloud_hpf; 08-07-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    im sure to blog about this on my site gamesinfoworld. FF ROCKS!!!!!!!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Once you get the Ragnarok, have Diablos learn Enc-None, which gives you no random fights, and equip it. Then go to Island Closest to Heaven/Hell (google their locations, it's very easy to find where they are on google). Then walk all the way around the edges, keep pressing X and you will find draw points for the strongest spells in the game! Spells like Meteor, Triple, Ultima, Aura etc will become so easy to find, your stats will go up in no time. They are fairly fast regerators too, so you can do this in fairly quick succession.

I'm not entirely sure whether you need Move-Find on, but I don't think you do. Either way, it's definitely worth doing.

FFVIII ROCKS ND SO DOES FFVII FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! squall_cloud_hpf's Avatar

yh i agree but get 100 of all of them and juction theo cor they put stats up tonnes

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み FF VIII suddenly isnt broken anymore! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Also, the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell are the single best places for huge amounts of exp. The T-Rexuars can offer nearly 2000exp. The only problem is that you need to go into every battle prepared to fight for your lives. Some monsters can be problematic when you are level 100 let alone any lower. Some monsters, such as the Grendel are easy, and offer a lot of exp too. Just be careful.

Blog Entries

thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it. Now i have 3 level 100 characters all the summons on the game 1 level 51 and 2 lower levelled characters. The island closest to Hell really helped especially with keeping Quistis on low hp so she could use degenerator THank you everyone
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

np m8 sharing is carin

Blog Entries

Okay so i made this thread a while ago and i was quite pleased, but i just cant win now disc 4 has just completely failed and i just beat Seifer curses. after getting lvl 100 with Squall, Zell, Rinoa and Quistis. Also Irvine is lvl 81 and Selphie is like lvl 24 but i also have all the GF's including Doomtrain and the other optional ones.

EDIT: I fixed the disc (god bless wet wipes) and now ive completed the game yayyy
    Last edited by Robbo; 08-17-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says: