Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Excalibur II

Re: Excalibur II

I didn't say Perfect Game Save speed run. Your little post about it being impossible to get the EXII is wrong, you posted something for a Perfect Game.

Perfect Game and EXII run are 2 different things, very similar but not the same thing. You don't have to collect all 24 (!) as Vivi at the beginning of the game if you aren't doing a Perfect Game Save.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Excalibur II Zidane77's Avatar
    go look up speed runs.

Also that is for a Perfect Game. Meaning Every (!) picked up, everything...you don't need everything to get the EXII. Just a lot of patience.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at but you mentioned speed run..
    I am talking about doing the Excalibur II side-quest, while doing a perfect game (chests etc included).

The best thing i've seen is 11:10, on the other hand i looked up a record which is 8:32 Speed Demos Archive - Final Fantasy IX
    But that's only a speed run (perfect game not included).. So that's not what im talking about.

But yeah you're saying it's possible with a speed run on PAL version(the perfect game included is officially impossible on the PAL version.)

MERGED POSTS

Although if someone wants to correct me then feel free, i would like to know facts.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 08-16-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Double post

A perfect game involves getting the EXII as well as EVERYTHING ELSE, just getting the EXII doesn't involve getting everything in the game.

The site is gone. It was a I think a 35 part set of videos of a woman beating FFIX in around 8 hours and 30 minutes. As I said, it took about 6 or more months to do. There are only 2 places in the game where she got a random battle. Only 2 random battles.

and I'm still positive that it is possible, the Wikia already said if you can do it in under 10 hours you can do it on the PAL....as said again...that would probably take a whole year of non stop FFIX....restarting, and restarting, and restarting saves over and over again. Definitely not worth it just to prove you can do it on the PAL IMO.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

If you look at the link i gave you (i'll just do it again), you see a woman finishing the game in 8:32, just as you said. Speed Demos Archive - Final Fantasy IX
    But she's not doing a perfect game, only running through.

A perfect game involves getting the EXII as well as EVERYTHING ELSE, just getting the EXII doesn't involve getting everything in the game.
    Did i not make that clear?
    I recommend actually reading my comments instead of just blurting something that doesn't make sense to what im saying (no offense).

Go and read your post, you clearly said Excalibur II Side-Quest, not a Perfect Game. Maybe you should read your own posts first?

You did make it clear, I'm saying it again? What should I get arrested for repeating myself?

Now I understand what you are showing, but I mean you say one thing they show something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikia site
    if it were possible to complete this run in 10 hours under NTSC, it would be achievable in 12 hours under PAL
    oh look something I already said.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    If you read the little Wikia that you linked they clearly say if you can get the NTSC done in under 10 hours you could do it on the PAL.

That being said AGAIN. If you have the time and patience to try it, you could possibly do it on the PAL version.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Man you're one of those guys that just keep on blabbering the same shit over and over again
    I mentioned above in my post the perfect game being included:

There are those two guys on youtube that have finished a perfect game (one with 50min left and other 30min) and at least one of them had the NTSC version which is quicker, not sure about the other one but he's probably using the same one due the same speed
    It's not my fault you don't understand anything.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    If you read the little Wikia that you linked they clearly say if you can get the NTSC done in under 10 hours you could do it on the PAL.
    That being said AGAIN. If you have the time and patience to try it, you could possibly do it on the PAL version.
    They're saying it's possible yes but not for a perfect game. He adds that it's impossible for a perfect game on PAL, just read it.
    You're just repeating your opinions, i haven't seen any facts from you.

Just because you say something again doesn't make it facts, at least it has nothing to do with what im talking about.
    Would be nice if you could turn your arrogance somewhere else, im trying to get opinions that have an actual answer.

MERGED POSTS

The facts im taking from this site, is named "For A Perfect Game Save"
    I thought that was enough to state what im talking about, as i continue to mention perfect game after that.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 08-16-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Double post

You say this

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane77 View Post
    Ok so i just found out it's officially impossible to finish the Excalibur II side-quest on the PAL version.
    It's explained quite well here:

You are stating it's impossible on a Perfect Game, but your first sentence says Excalibur II only...which isn't impossible which is what I'm trying to explain but you are too thick headed.
    Because this thread is for the Excalibur II quest, not a Perfect Game quest. Putting it with this thread isn't a bad idea keep in mind. But I'm stating it isn't impossible, just because some mathematical equation says so? Why doesn't someone actually put a full year to trying it and then officially say you can't. With enough practice, time and making sure you don't get into a Random Battle at all it could be possible. Also I believe everything any Wiki site says.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I know it's possible for Excalibur II only, that's just not what i said, or am looking for.
    You can keep saying it but it isn't what i said or my point in any way.
    You just want this to said the way you want.
    I make it clear enough.

The facts im taking from this site, is named "For A Perfect Game Save"
    I thought that was enough to state what im talking about, as i continue to mention perfect game after that.
    But seriously stop making a deal outta this, your misunderstanding the point of this matter is clear.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 08-17-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane77 View Post
    Ok so i just found out it's officially impossible to finish the Excalibur II side-quest on the PAL version.
    It's explained quite well here:
    Where in that sentence does it say Perfect Game? No where.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I say it after that, what the heck is wrong with you?

You claim both are impossible in that first post, then turn around and agree with me that just the Excalibur II is possible. What is wrong with YOU.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

It's said in the same post, i guess that's just too much for you to handle.
    Im getting the feeling im talking to spammer.

I was never talking about only doing the excalibur II side-quest (with speed run).
    That's where you start to misunderstand and i don't care what you think of that.

Well you failed the first step on a spammer/troller and you replied.

Anyways, I am explaining two things.

You accept everything a Wiki says instead of finding the facts out for yourself. And I'm still saying it isn't officially impossible because some equation says so. Please prove me wrong by getting a PAL copy and spending your entire year of 2011 proving me to me that it is impossible, until then it isn't.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Well explaining your opinions is something else than critisizing how i put things.
    That is spammer/troll, if something here is.

Your misunderstanding the point of this matter is clear.

I never was criticizing, I was showing you what you posted was confusing, you want what the Wiki says to be true and I'm saying it's false so you get upset.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

No you can say your opinions, and if that site is untrue i would like facts to back that up, otherwise is mere speculations.

Has anybody here gotten Excalibur II with perfect game or even with GS ?

A bit more on that trick, a friend of mine actually did it, but its more complicated than that. When the clock reaches max time it goes to 00:00:00, however *it changes colour!!!!*. After the 3rd or 4th time it reaches max it reverts back to the original clock and the trick can be done. My friend left his ps1 running ff9 idling for days while playing other games on his ps2 until the clock reset. He was 5 mins away from getting ExII in the playthrough so i dont blame him for doing it

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Excalibur II Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

To be honest, I never even tried this. True, it's THE most powerful sword in the game, but a quick playthrough of the game just ruins the game. other than this and Trance, though, this game is flawless!
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by leafmuncher View Post
    A bit more on that trick, a friend of mine actually did it, but its more complicated than that. When the clock reaches max time it goes to 00:00:00, however *it changes colour!!!!*. After the 3rd or 4th time it reaches max it reverts back to the original clock and the trick can be done. My friend left his ps1 running ff9 idling for days while playing other games on his ps2 until the clock reset. He was 5 mins away from getting ExII in the playthrough so i dont blame him for doing it
    False. The clock on the menu screen does start over and change color several times, but it stops at green 99:59:59, and it does not go back to white. You cannot get EXII simply by waiting the clock out for a few days, or months.

However, the actual internal clock of the game does reset after about two and a half years of continuous play, so if you wait that long, then you can get the EXII again, or so the people who have hacked the time into the game say.

two and a half years? xD
    Wow i also heard that it's possible through a gameshark code, resetting the clock, not sure if that works though

The Lone Dagger Excalibur II Xithor's Avatar

Here's a quick Q about the Excalibur II bc I was able to recently complete a level one play through of the game and had a good time but don't you have to skip all the FMV's in order to even have a chance to get to Memoria in 12 hours? Do you do that by opening and closing the disc tray? When I played through it at level 1 I was doing it on my PS3 so how would you skip FMV's on that system?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I'm pretty sure you can't on ps3 but if you have the US version you still have a chance, even with the FMV's on but it's gonna take perfect time.

Registered User Excalibur II RudetheTurk's Avatar

I was thinking about the Excalibur II quest.

First of all I regret playing X-2 as much as I did trying to acheive 100%. I would've preffered it to be a linear style like its predecessor.

You need to be a absolute ****ing expert to complete this. What percent of the 12hr block is devoted to in-game dialogue and FMVs? I would guess at least 5 to 6? On a normal playthrough myself, a session of leveling up everyone by 3-4 would take an hour. Every battle tactic has to be planned out, as well as progress through the maps, shopping, and stuff like that. You gotta go above and beyond and like use expert strategy and test out different battle methods and all kinds of obscure but effective ability combinations to make up for time spent leveling.

This quest blows my mind all over the place but anyone who completes it is a god in my book.

It can be done if you take time for it and load and save endlessly until you have the correct timing.
    I think it would be no problem to go through the game fast but getting all other items is a totally different thing.
    The only reason i haven't gotten Excalibur II is because why getting that and missing other items? I can still make Steiner do 9999 damage.

But i'm doing the Lv.1 playthrough, that's a lot of fun.
    It's just super chaotic doing the Excalibur quest while getting all items and mastering (not leaving anything behind like key-items etc.) under 12 hours, it's sick XD
    Going only for the sword, no problem. Bosses sure can be hard but they're well do-able if you have the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2