View Poll Results: Is Zidanes Dissidia Voice too Childish?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 9.38%
  • No

24 75.00%
  • Can't Tell

5 15.63%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish?

Oh Boy! Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Lavos's Avatar

Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish?

I had just gotten the Dissidia demo for the PSP, and when fighting Zidane and hearing his voice for the first time, I though it was a little too childish. I got over it after remembering that he was 16, but still. It could have just been in the battle, and sounds different in cut scenes, like Sora in KH2, but I don't know.
    Last edited by Lavos; 07-31-2009 at 08:42 PM.

FINISH HIM!

Blog Entries
    Whats wrong with that if he sounds like Sora? He's about Sora's age (since he is like 14-15 in the KH series), and besides, Zidane is some kind of monkey man creation, not a normal human being. Plus, Zidane is scrawny as hell, no way he has some deep badass voice. Not happening.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Exactly what Rocky said. He is a teenager, a quick witted skirt chasing thief. Why would he have a voice almost like Golbez or Ex Death. Not happening. Also Sora in KH2 voice changed because the voice actor went through puberty.

Registered User Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To tell ya the the truth, I had no idea Zidane was so young. I always knew he was going to have a childish actor but I thought the japanees version just took it too far...he sounds like a girl(And probably is).

However overlooking the Japanees version, his voice is not too childish for his age so its ok I guess.

Freezing Ring! Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Darkdragoon's Avatar
    No, i dont think his voice was childish but i freakin hate cloud's voice.
    I liked terra's... Oh can you pick garnet? Cuz i dont own it just saw it on Youtube
    Last edited by Darkdragoon; 08-01-2009 at 09:21 PM.

JillXWesker & MeruXDart FTW!

Tsuna Feesh Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Fate's Avatar
    I heard his voice, and I don't think it was that childish. I think it really fits his young age. Although, it could always be more enthusiastic and all...

Now, the Onion Knight had a childish voice, but considering he's very young, I loved it!

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

I just checked it out for the sake of this topic (never actually taken a look at the Dissidia game before), I think his voice is pretty much spot on if you ask me. Perfectly befitting of a sixteen year old male.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Xanatos's Avatar
    Just from curiosity I have seen a video of Zidane fighting Cloud a few moments ago and I don't think that he sounds childish but I haw seen Japanese version so he sound more like a chick but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 08-02-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

After just poking my nose in and having a listen, I didn't think it was that bad! I've heard worse, and I actually think I would go as far to say that I liked it.

... DON'T SHOOT ME O_O

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

I feel epic... Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Hey, be glad we didn't get Sam Reigal. Squeenix listens to its fans, unlike THEMTube, but that's another story altogether...

I think it fits him, for the most part. Although, I still laugh and joke about "FLY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!" But, once again, at least we didn't get Sam Reigal.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Shake it like a polaroid picture Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? RagnaToad's Avatar
    I don't think it's too childish.

He IS just a teenager after all. Hormones work in mysterious ways.

Though I would like to see a mature main character again. Squall was ok, but had like a quarterlife crisis, even though he was the strongest, sexiest dude in his school.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I don't think it's too childish.

He IS just a teenager after all. Hormones work in mysterious ways.

Though I would like to see a mature main character again. Squall was ok, but had like a quarterlife crisis, even though he was the strongest, sexiest dude in his school.
    Oh my god. Seriously? Squall was the biggest emo f a g g o t ever. He was nothing near a hero. He got owned by Seifer in the opening video and was a b i t c h about it the rest of the game.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Oh my god. Seriously? Squall was the biggest emo f a g g o t ever. He was nothing near a hero. He got owned by Seifer in the opening video and was a b i t c h about it the rest of the game.
    Then what was Cloud?

The biggest emo faggot's bitch?
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    Then what was Cloud?

The biggest emo faggot's bitch?
    Cloud was a badass. People think because he didn't say much that he's automatically emo, but he's NOT. He didn't say stuff because he likes to do stuff, not talk about it, unlike the villain Sephiroth. Squall was just a hooker.

Registered User Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish?
    Well, I voted no. I don't think it's too childish. Like posted previously, he's only like 16 years old or something. So it's not like he's going to have this deep man-voice yet. Also, he is pretty tiny in stature. It would be freakin' hilarious to have a booming voice come out of someone with a tiny frame like that.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? TobiasRainey's Avatar
    Dude there's some crazy hate going on in here with Che and RagnaToad... from what I've heard all of the characters sound great, Kefka especially what with him being Final Fantasy's Joker and all. And anyway what wrong with being a little emo? It happens to all of us at some point or another. Cloud and Squall are both great heros in their own ways for different people, no need for fan hate. (Garland does look stupid in Dissida however.)
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

Registered User Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar
    I dont,see it allready.
    Final fantasy fan.

Zidaine's voice was alright. I would be complaining if he ended up sounding like Macaulay Culkin. If you ask me Kuja's voice sounded strange:

YouTube - Dissidia: Final Fantasy Zidane Gameplay Montage (English)
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-19-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

#LOCKE4GOD Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was too-high pitched. I know he's young, but I never imagined it sounding like it does. What kind of skirt-chasing thief sounds like a five-year-old girl anyway? It just doesn't fit him, at all at all.

Registered User Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    too be honest he's the smallest and looks kinda like a child so they can't really give him a manly voice

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Ellipsis Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    Neeeh, I think Ziddy's voice sounds like it suits him. What were you expecting?

I gotta agree with Gypsy; Kuja did sound strange..... Something I wasn't....expecting.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

I was expecting a real thief. I'm expecting a more sly type of voice, the skirt chaser who tries his quick wits to get what he wants. That voice just made him less of a thief to me and more of something along the lines of Vaan, and Vaan was a poor thief.

Lord Deity of Harmony Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    Seeing Zidane with an manly voice... Nope, Not gonna happen at all.

I can't even see it before me that.

His voice perfectly suits him.

There are some voices out there i did not expect to other characters that i did not see happening that is.

Kuja's voice - Fits because of his Girlish-Likeness, if i says this right.

Questions thought, Why could not Seymour be there?

Or, why not any other badass characters like, Yuna or anything.

I have not played this but i think they don't exist in the game.
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

Blog Entries
    I've never had a problem with Zidane's voice. It suits him well imo since he is younger and way more energetic than most of the other heroes. As an amusing side note, I work with this scrawny kid who has the deepest voice ever. It is totally unexpected to hear him, especially since he's not a serious guy at all. If Zidane sounded like that it would really be just odd.

As for Kuja...his voice did catch me off-guard at first. But then I wonder why I was expecting him to have a normal voice in the first place. >_> That said, I 'main' him in the game and now that I've listened to him for awhile I think his voice does suit him quite well. When you hear his angrier/more serious battle quotes you'll notice he does start to sound more sinister, or at least I think so. It's like he is kind of breaking the fourth wall a bit and playing to his 'audience' but when facing a much stronger opponent he drops the act, basically. It's the same with certain attacks that are meant to be finishing moves like Ultima (well, used as a finisher in the original game), he really does sound frustrated when he uses them. "Must get AWAY!"

And yes I realize I am way overthinking this whole thing. XD

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Little Pandemonic Carnival Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Insufficient Mage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan Demidias View Post
    Questions thought, Why could not Seymour be there?

Or, why not any other badass characters like, Yuna or anything.

I have not played this but i think they don't exist in the game.
    Off topic but I'll answer these; Yuna was not the representative of FFX because Tidus is the true protagonist of the series; it was his story. And that was the same reason why Seymour wasn't the villain for X in Dissidia; he's definitely more of Yuna's antagonist, while Tidus and him didn't really have anything personal going on. It would have added onto the generic "You're evil, I have to defeat you!" stale dialogue in the game if Seymour were there anyways; him and Jecht obviously have much more of a history, as Jecht was Tidus' true "villain".

Anyways, so I'm not totally off topic, I thought Zidane's voice was odd at first; it wasn't what I was expecting, but I quickly got used to it. I got used to most of their voices I guess (except Cloud and Squall). Even Kuja's, which totally caught me off guard. I guess I was expecting him to have a colder menacing voice, but I'm totally used to his dramatized one now.

Vivi Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? ViveLaVive's Avatar
    at times it can be kinda anoying, but i like it! its sorta like a mix of Edward Elric from FMA and Sora from KH1. i dunno, maybe im just weird.

All is One.One is All. Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Firefly's Avatar
    At first I was like,'hell they ruined Zidane!' then i began to like get why they gave him that voice,u know? The only voice I didn't like at ALL was Squall's,to me it..it just aint him.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Re: Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish?

I think his voice suited him very well. I guess it's probably just hard to get used to- everyone who's played Final Fantasy IX is used to reading the voice bubble that pops up since there were no voice actors then, and everyone imagines their own voice for him.
    "Great, I have one chicken-wuss and one kid who just entered puberty in my team!"

The Lone Dagger Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Xithor's Avatar

DragonHeart hit it right on the nose, I think that Zidane's voice in Dissidia suits the 15-16 year old thief that he is very well. Once I heard the voices on X I would go back and play all the other games and imagine what each character would sound like in my head like most people do and his voice was pretty close to it.

Kuja on the other hand caught me a little off guard, I didn't expect him to be manly or anything I mean just look at his outfit. I didn't expect him to have such a high voice though idk but he is a weird guy so it's probably a voice that suits him very well but to me it just hasn't clicked into place yet.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Registered User Dissidia Voice: ...Too Childish? Zidane77's Avatar

I didn't like Dissidia mainly cause how Zidane and Squall were butchered, i don't think they were anything close to being cool as the actually are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast