Thread: Disc length

Postingway Disc length Maciariello's Avatar

Disc length

How long is disc 3 and 4 compared to discs 1 and 2?

I just started disc 3 last night and I'm kind of interested to see how long I have until the end of the game. I think my play clock is at 22 hours right now between discs 1 and 2.

Registered User Disc length
    Hmmm...I guess it really depends on how many side quests and minigames you do. Not to mention all the leveling up.

I think overall I clocked in about 55 hours playing FFIX. So I suppose you have at least a good 25-30 hours left between disks 3 and 4.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Quiet One Disc length Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I, in general, put 12 hours per disc 1-3 and about 3-6 for the last disc for someone playing it the first time. The last disc is significantly shorter than the other discs in terms of story, but it all depends on how much time you spend on other tasks on the final disc. It is about a 40 hour game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Disc length Xanatos's Avatar
    Disc 3 can be pretty long only if you're wiling to do some side quest's and play mini games, also the biggest part of story is happening on disc 3 but on the contrary disc 4 is rather short mainly because there isn't anything much to do except training and beating the last boss unless you missed to do some stuff from previous disc's which would prolong the length of disc 4. Overall I played FF IX a little bit over 60 hours.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Thanks, guys!

Registered User Disc length Locke4God's Avatar
    Wow!! You guys play for a very short period of time! A 40 hour game? I spent 90 and I thought I played pretty briskly. I know people that spend 150 easy on these games. For 40, you had to be hauling ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    Wow!! You guys play for a very short period of time! A 40 hour game? I spent 90 and I thought I played pretty briskly. I know people that spend 150 easy on these games. For 40, you had to be hauling ass.
    The first time I play through an RPG, I don't use guides and I don't do side quests that aren't overtly obvious. I like getting the main story and living the mandatory story elements. When I go back through, I play with a guide and increase my play time and get ultimate weapons, etc. I get bored easily if I don't know where to go or what to do, so sticking with the main quest is always the best option for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke4God View Post
    For 40, you had to be hauling ass.
    FFIX you have to get to the end in 12 hours or less to get the strongest weapon.

Since I've beaten the game multiple multiple times. My fastest run is 15 hours. The game is really short since the ability system and all the perks all the items have on them. But it's still fun. My average time to beat the game is 22 hours. I would think Disk 3 is my fastest disk. I always find disk 3 to be short unless I'm doing side quests.

the length definately depends on how many of the sidequests you do, and if you spend time leveling up, or if you go straight from place to place. i've done most of the sidequests, and quite a bit of leveling up so i can learn everything, and i'm pretty close to hitting the 100 hour mark. it all depends on how you play the game.

Warrior of Light Disc length OnionKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    FFIX you have to get to the end in 12 hours or less to get the strongest weapon.

Since I've beaten the game multiple multiple times. My fastest run is 15 hours. The game is really short since the ability system and all the perks all the items have on them. But it's still fun. My average time to beat the game is 22 hours. I would think Disk 3 is my fastest disk. I always find disk 3 to be short unless I'm doing side quests.
    Most people are aware about the Excalibur II thing, but bear in mind it is IMPOSSIBLE for PAL players to beat that time, as PAL disc loading times last a hell of a lot longer We get better box art though tehe.

Also, these people were mentioning their first time through etc, and I agree, 40 hours is really blasting through the game. My time was over 60 hours and I got most optional items, did most sidequests and never touched the card minigame.

I guess I'm still one of those old school "explore everywhere, press X on everything" kinda gamers

Tantalus Member of Lindblum Disc length True Zidane's Avatar

Re: Disc length

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post

wow, dude! 15 hours? im an extreme ff fanatic and player and the fastest ive beaten it in was 26 hours. the fastest ive ever gone thru a ff game was ff 13, in which i completed in 20 hours on the dot.

Blog Entries

Disc 3 is probably the longest disc overall since theres a lot of plot development that happens during it. And, it's not about recruiting the rest of your party so things actually get interesting. You get to travel through a lot of areas as well.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by True Zidane View Post
    wow, dude! 15 hours? im an extreme ff fanatic and player and the fastest ive beaten it in was 26 hours. the fastest ive ever gone thru a ff game was ff 13, in which i completed in 20 hours on the dot.
    AS said in my previous posts. With the right immunities and skills, the game is easy. The game gives respects to all FF games but mainly the classics...and one thing about the classics was if you equip yourself with the right kind of gear to absorb or be immune, you are good to go.

Now that I think about it, honestly Disk 2 would be the longest. Disk 1 is short, the play kinda draws out the disk. Disk 2 is when the adventure really begins honestly and Disc 3 is only long because you get to start on the side quests.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

sepehrnoor

A friend of mine finished the game in 30 hours . I think it's the average time for finishing the game .

i have ears :) Disc length Full Life's Avatar

for ff9 i had around 20 hours on first two disks and 10 on the other two so a total of 30 hours
    well at least its ohkay...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]URL=http://www.ff-fan.com][/URL][/IMG]

Come Join my chat!
    http://mainlyrp.chatango.com/