View Poll Results: Have you ever said it?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah! Booyaka!

12 41.38%
  • No. Not ever.

17 58.62%

Thread: Booyaka!

Registered User Booyaka!

Booyaka!

It's the catchphrase that Selphie is trying to spread in FFVIII. She didn't make it very far though. I think you only see it when you access the study panel in the classroom after she starts running her website. Anyway, my question to you is this:

Have you ever said "Booyaka"?

I never did, because I really didn't know what it was supposed to mean. I think it was supposed to be a way of showing excitement, because Selphie is a really energetic and excitable character. I have other phrases that I use when I get excited over something. Also, people would probably think that I was odd if I suddenly shouted "Booyaka"!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I never saw her say that word. That word is horrible.

Nope. The first time I ever saw that word was in VIII, I think...

I do say Shakaka!!! though, I think I got it from Dale on King Of The Hill.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries
    I have actually said "booyaka" once before. It happened in an intense game of basketball, I was just messing around when somehow I swish a halfcourt shot with little effort. I raised my arms up and went "booyaka!" and everyone's jaws hit the floor. I acted like I pull shit like that off everyday when in reality I was just as surprised.

I had no idea that the word was a part of Selphie's vocabulary until I played Dissidia, and in one of the battle tips she says it, which had me going "wtf?"
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Quiet One Booyaka! Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't recall Selphie saying that in FFVIII and I've played it several times. I wonder this means I need to go replay it again. Huh...Well considering Selphie I wouldn't really put it past her to say. Since she sings about trains when riding on the train.

As for the word, I've heard of Booya which is generally an exclamation when you are throwing something back in someone's face and other times just used to act cocky and over confident about something you may or may not have done by sheer luck.

Selphie's word I may or may not have used it, I generally don't have that in my every day vernacular, but I sometimes pull something random out. Since I can't really recall if I have I'll just say I probably have not.

Hmm...going have to check FFVIII...
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Asking all the personal questions. Booyaka! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    NO i can't recall ever saying that but one that i do like to say that Coca Cola or some other company stole from me haha (not really just coincidental) was Bow-cick-a-waa-waa,
    and another catch phrase that has become famous in Australia is Chick Chick Boom hahaha which came about when a bogan chick in Australia wanted to have her 5mins of fame and so told a news crew she was an eye witness to a crime and.....aww this is going to take to long to explain so i will just pull up a clip from youtube.

YouTube - Chaser Chk Chk Boom Girl parody
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Have you ever said "Booyaka"?

Nope.. I can't recaLL SeLphie saying "Booyaka!" in any part of the game, as far as I know.. the one that I remember she's aLways saying especiaLLy in the end of her Line and when she gets excited the most.. is "Tee Hee!" and.. for me, it's cute!
    Last edited by Yesha; 10-20-2009 at 02:19 AM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Never said it and I never will, Ive heard it used in the past, but it's just one of them shit words I'd never ever use myself. FFVIII was the first time I ever heard it and thought it was utter shit and glad it was never used anywhere else in the game bar the study panel thing

Che
    "Booyaka" is totally from the song What's Beef by Notorious B.I.G..

It ain't hard to find me, number with with the BOOYAKA.
    Gimme the Remi and the chronic, ain't no tellin what I do to ya!
    It's obvious the game's new to ya!
    Take them ends you make and spend em on a tutor HA!
    One shot, I'm through with ya!
    That being said, Selphie's a goof. The most annoying character in a Final Fantasy game other than Zell.

Pedobear approves Booyaka! Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar
    I dont even recall hearing that phase from Selphie...hmmmm...maybe I'm just getting old.
    But if I have heard it i think I would use it a few times
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

I'm DYING to see you! Booyaka! ViviMasterMage's Avatar
    Yeah I have to be honest with you.
    Insufficient Mage has made it my catchphase and I have to say it everytime I talk to her now!
    I think it's a fun saying, shame it never caught on really, she even tries spreading the word in Dissidia too! I guess that upbeat hyperactive girl will never learn! I just described Insufficient Mage again! Haha!

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

never said it. never will. sounds kinda weird for a girl to say. figured it would've been something said by zell.

I didn't know what she mean when she said that, but i thought at that time she was very exicted.
    One more thing, may i ask you all, sometime she said : super duper megabumer, what does that mean ??

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Booyaka! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've Said the Word Booyaka before. I don't use it that often though...LOL XD

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Death Before Dishonor Booyaka! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    "Booyaka" is totally from the song What's Beef by Notorious B.I.G..
    You are totally right Che when I saw this I instantly thought of that song so of course I went and listened to it...Gangsta Rap 4 Life!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    That being said, Selphie's a goof. The most annoying character in a Final Fantasy game other than Zell.
    I also agree with this she was annoying as hell probably my least favorite character from any FF, I also do not recall her ever saying this but it has been a while since I played FF VIII...Damnit now because of this I have to go and play my brain says I must to see if she says it or not...

As for saying it I say it all the time, when I get excited when I win at sports I cant help but to blurt this out. I remember one time in high school during a anatomy test I knew every answer so as soon as I got done I yelled it as loud as I could...My teacher(also football coach) yelled booyaka booyaka 619 cause he is a huge WWE and those of you who know anything about the WWE know that it was in Rey Mysterio Jr's old intro song...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries
    Nope, I never got to saying that. It doesn't have that ring to me, almost like it's got too much going on for it's own good. "Booya" was even on it's way out when VIII was released, but I guess it works for Selphie; trying just a little too hard.

I always assumed it would be something you yelled when you shut someone up, or made the last play to win in a sporting event, like in Rocky's example. I can't see it being used really outside of that.

I much prefer the cheesier "shazam!" and "boom, baby!"
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Satoko
    I may have said it in context, like when I'm talking to my friends about silly things that charachters have said, but I don't think I've ever said it on accident or to express excitement or anything. XD It just seem like too much, since I'm usually good with a "Yay!" or a "Whoo!".

The Mad God Booyaka! Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: Booyaka!

I occasionally use it in the presence of other FF adicts, jsut to see who thinks I've finally lost it vs. who actually got the reference.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Booyaka! Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

I say it all the time because well I like being excited ( Booyaka )
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

I think it's a part of me. Though I don't say it often. xD
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Shake it like a polaroid picture Booyaka! RagnaToad's Avatar

I don't actually say it but I voted yes because I say something else that sounds like it.

'Booya kasha', in an Ali G way.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Nooo I never said it... I might have said it after playing the game but not in front of anyone.

Final Fantasy Roleplay Forum!!
    http://eternalfinalfantasy.proboards.com/

Nahhh, I don't use it. Maybe I did when I was younger but now I don't think I would haha. I also don't remember Selphie saying that but then again I have the worst memory ever.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)