Thread: Blank

Blog Entries

Blank

What is the deal with his appearance? I've never seen it explained anywhere, so let's theorize! As you can see...his skin looks like it's all patched together, almost like a Frankenstien's monster type thing. Is he a living doll, did he have to undergo some kind of weird skin graft surgery? WHAT!?

Registered User Blank
    I never noticed that before, but holy shit you're right!

I've always been too distracted by the eye belt and shock of red hair to notice much else about his design in the game. I like the idea of him being a Frankenstein's monster type of thing though. Patched together from pieces of the best actors/thieves in Gaia to create the ultimate thespian bandit!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Boxer of the Galaxy Blank Rowan's Avatar
    He is also wearing a belt on his head. Must be to hold his brains in.

It's just the character's design. He's still Human. A lot of characters have their quirks to them in FFIX.
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrel View Post
    It's just the character's design. He's still Human. A lot of characters have their quirks to them in FFIX.
    That's boring. You're boring. Stop being boring.

Yeah, never noticed that about his character design either. A lot of 9's character designs are pretty wild. I don't know if you can say with 100% surety that all of these creatures are "human." Are there even humans in 9? I think they might be some kinda other creatures entirely. Don't think it was supposed to be Earth. It was supposed to be Gaia.
    Spoiler:
    And the other planet, Terra.

I bet he had a freak accident one time, and that was the best the doctors of the land could come up with (and the best they could do on that budget.) So they put him back together with different parts. NO EYES. Oh JAM. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries
    lol yeah, the fact that no one noticed Zidane was the only human with a tail and Amarant and Brahne were blue annoyed me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    That's boring. You're boring. Stop being boring.
    My apologies.

Yeah, never noticed that about his character design either. A lot of 9's character designs are pretty wild. I don't know if you can say with 100% surety that all of these creatures are "human." Are there even humans in 9? I think they might be some kinda other creatures entirely. Don't think it was supposed to be Earth. It was supposed to be Gaia.
    Yes. Their uncanny design and unique looks doesn't stop them from being considered common humans in the plot.
    Personally, I've ALWAYS noticed Blank's ragdoll design. But when there's other characters like Baku or Queen Brahne, one tends to stop caring. Their unusual design and unproportional concept is charismatic, and makes FFIX a unique game.

Blog Entries
    What makes you so confident that the people of FF9 are all human? There are at least a handful of other species in the game (Burmecians, Dwarves, Black Mages, possibly the Summoners) who's to say the whole world isn't a melting pot, and that's why no one notices differences? I don't even remember if the word "human" was ever used either. I think I remember "man" and "woman" being used, but I think at least "woman" was used in reference to a Burmecian. My memory is foggy, though. There's a good chance I'm pulling that out of my ass Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

What makes you so confident that the people of FF9 are all human? There are at least a handful of other species in the game (Burmecians, Dwarves, Black Mages, possibly the Summoners) who's to say the whole world isn't a melting pot, and that's why no one notices differences? I don't even remember if the word "human" was ever used either. I think I remember "man" and "woman" being used, but I think at least "woman" was used in reference to a Burmecian. My memory is foggy, though. There's a good chance I'm pulling that out of my ass Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Actually the word human is thrown around a lot, even Vivi gets called a human at some point, but I assume it's just poor translation.

Also, yeah, there's several different races. But I guess the game producers just decided to cluster anyone who doesn't fit into the other races as "human".

Shrug.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I have a feeling that was a mistranslation, words like person and people tend to fit more. Either way...the way races were ignored makes me rage at FF IX. Maybe there is a small underlying message of acceptance? Like, a world where people don't even NOTICE small differences between races. It's a nice thought...but I doubt it.