Thread: Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa

Jack of all trades Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Red Mage's Avatar

Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa

Ever time battle her...him...whatever Adel is i in up killing Rinoa.My team is
    Squall LV 80
    Zell LV 76
    Quistis LV 69

Re: Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa

Your levels aren't much of a help to us.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Jack of all trades Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Red Mage's Avatar

Well Irvine is LV 90.

Hi there were Red Mages. We can hurt you with our Black Magic and heal you with our white Magic just so we can kick your asses some more. If we run out of MP or is just bored we can shank you with our sword. No need to waste your slots on a Black or White Mage since we can do both and more. So what if our stats aren't good or we can't use the best Magic of either classes, we can still hold our own far better than those two. Did we forget we also have a pimp hat and a badass feather on it. Our outfit's color is the same as your blood that is about to be spilled the second you fight us.Muhahahhaha Blue Mages,Dragoons,Monks, all of the classes don't got shit on us. Were just that good.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Xanatos's Avatar

What Loaf is trying to say, levels don't mean shit in this game. Best way to defeat Adel is to junction strongest magic to their right places, such as 100x Ultima to strength, 100x Haste to speed, 100x Protect to defense...

Cast Meltdown on Adel to lower her defense, and Aura, Protect and Shell to all of your characters, Quistis Mighty Guard comes in handy here. Summoning Cerberus should make things easier as far as casting magic goes. With Aura on your characters, limit breaks should appear often, which is all you really need to defeat Adel. One or two Leonhart should do the trick, even without it Adel falls rather easy. Heal Rinoa if necessary, and if Gilgamesh should happen to pop out then you're out of luck mate as that son of a bitch has a habit of killing Rinoa.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Yeah how do you stop Gilgamesh from appearing?

Hi there were Red Mages. We can hurt you with our Black Magic and heal you with our white Magic just so we can kick your asses some more. If we run out of MP or is just bored we can shank you with our sword. No need to waste your slots on a Black or White Mage since we can do both and more. So what if our stats aren't good or we can't use the best Magic of either classes, we can still hold our own far better than those two. Did we forget we also have a pimp hat and a badass feather on it. Our outfit's color is the same as your blood that is about to be spilled the second you fight us.Muhahahhaha Blue Mages,Dragoons,Monks, all of the classes don't got shit on us. Were just that good.

by not getting Odin before Disc4.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Memento RK Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gilgamesh shouldn't appear in boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Alqha View Post
    Gilgamesh shouldn't appear in boss fights.

Yes he does. He appears in the Disc 3 fight against Seifer.

Also I believe he can show up against Omega Weapon. randomly and lucky.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries

Ah sorry, my mistake. I just 'wiki'ed it. In that case you're put of luck. The chances of him showing in battle are pretty slim though.

In all other cases, I had one person Heal Rinoa using Regen, and use a cure spell whenever she tool some damage from Adel. I put the other two on offence and hacked Adel until she died. Try not to use limit breaks that hit both characters. If it does, just heal her and move on before Adel kills her off. It doesn't take too long. Just make sure you heal Rinoa.

I don't think he can do the 1 hit ko though. It's cool that Gilgamesh is in this game but honestly Odin is better, he doesn't randomly do 1 dmg lol.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries

I agree, Odin is better. And Gilgamesh can do the 1 hit ko. But it goes into the chances of it happening, let alone it happening in the battle with Adel, and its really slim. In all the times I've battled her, it never happened. I played a lot.

Hewerya love...? Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa seanb's Avatar

the thread title smells of spoiler

Sorry i forgot to put spoliers on the topic.

Anyways i was close to beating her today but Squall just had to pull a Lion Heart out of his ass.-____-

I'll find you, no matter what. Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is how I save Rinoa: my first three hits are meltdown Adel, Regen Rinoa, and scan Rinoa to see just how much HP the game gave her. Then put both a shell and protect on her. When those two fall off, you know her Regen is gone too. After that focus draw whatever you need (I can't remember if she had something), use Cerberus on the group, and Aura on either Quistis or Selphie to put up Mighty Guard or Wall (I go with Selphie because her Full Cure works better than White Wind) Then, I just used Aura on Squall and focused his Limit on Adel. He will hit Rinoa occassionally but if you designate one of the other two as the cure-er, keep that Regen, Protect, and Shell on Rinoa and Adel will go down without many problems. As for Gilgamesh, I've never had a problem with him showing up for that battle. If he is constantly showing up, there are two things you can try that have strangely worked for me in the past. One: when he shows up and kills Rinoa, before it says allihilliated, restart the game. Two: walk around and fight things until he shows up then equip encounter none and go for Adel. I hope this helps you.

Trust Me.

All is One.One is All. Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Firefly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alqha View Post
    In all other cases, I had one person Heal Rinoa using Regen, and use a cure spell whenever she tool some damage from Adel. I put the other two on offence and hacked Adel until she died. Try not to use limit breaks that hit both characters. If it does, just heal her and move on before Adel kills her off. It doesn't take too long. Just make sure you heal Rinoa.
    ^ This is what I did,but I also put Shell and Protect on Rinoa (just incase you were wondering lol ) Anyways,I wish you luck!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

The White Wizard of Fynn Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Mindu's Avatar

Squall's limit breaks presents the risk of one of his four possible attacks hitting Rinoa. Irvine and Zell's limit breaks are better for this fight because you eliminate that variable. By the sound of it Red Mage, you need to junction your magic more effectively as Xanatos said, and if it means spending half an hour drawing spells from monsters then that's what you need to do. I had the same problem the very first time I played this game; I was only 10 or 11 and didn't pay attention when Quistis was explaining the junction system. I relied on GFs throughout the whole game so Adel wiped the floor with me every single time. I didn't even know about the limit breaks.

Adel is a piece of Piss. Use Meltdown on her then pummel with physical attacks (junction tornado to your Elem-Atk junction) and she should pose you little problem

Everyone needs a savior Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

junction ultima to stregth meltdown to vit triple to speed cuz if im not mistaken i think its better then haste and have your strongest player (probably zell) with cerberus auto haste then pound away at him then you should be good before adel has enough time to drain enough from her to worry about healing her
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Boxer of the Galaxy Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Rowan's Avatar

First of all, yor levels are too damn high. That's why it's sk hard. I don't think you understood the battle system so I'm assuming your junctions are sub par. Just a little FYI, I killed adel with one attack I was level 9 when I fought him/her. (maybe it was two hits, but who cares) anyway, adels hp is going to be super high so if you are having trouble defeating then I reccomend going into battle and casting aura on some characters to initiate a few limit breaks, then use kamikaze on adel to break damage limit and cause some hell for adel. I would never reccomend such a sloppy strategy but sounds like you dug yourself into a high-level hole.

Registered User Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Benihime2059's Avatar

Dont use limits that hit all ememys

Scholar Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Kyrel's Avatar

To be honest, I one-hit-ko'd Adel with the Kamikaze ability.
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?

Registered User Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa EmperorLeo's Avatar

For this battle, Zell and Irvine are your best friends. Zell's duel and Irvine's Shot (with the correct ammo) let you single target Adel without any fear of injuring Rinoa. With that said, your magic junction set up is infinitely more important here. At that level, monsters should have high level magics to draw, such as flare, holy, meteor, and aura. If you're stuck in Lunatic Pandora, I believe the monsters there are all level 1. That would negates my earlier point, but if you're not, try getting a hold of some of the higher level magics, junction them, and try again by letting loose with Duel/shot to make quick work of him. AP ammo works the best if you're under strength-ed and don't have access to meltdown. If you do have the Meltdown spell, and you can get Irvine's attack to ~200, get some fast ammo and let him have it. Hope that helps and good luck!

I'll find you, no matter what. Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did you beat her?

Trust Me.

Don't hit her or use summons end of.

Using Kamikaze can be risky if Adel has such high health. Adel could be left with still alot of high HP and you could be left without a extra person to help.

The Mad God Any tips on how to beat Adel without killing Rinoa Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Just get defense/offense buffs up, aura anybody you use with a single target limit break, otherwise just pound on her with physical attacks. With my junction setup at the time, everyone in party could hit 9999 with normal attacks, and nobody was taking shit fom her attacks, and I actually grinded everyone to lv 100 by then. Took a while, but not really an issue. Heal/defend Rinoa as needed.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.