Thread: Am I the Only one?

Entropic Adversary Am I the Only one? Leonknight's Avatar

Am I the Only one?

Okay as the title says am I the only one who noticed that there is one gunblade in the whole game which the handle is not actually a Pistol one? I know there is gonna be some people saying i am crazy and shit but the the Lionheart gunblade does not have a pistol firing type mechanism but a Assualt Rifle one

look closely at the back end of the gunblade, the only thing missing that would make it more believable is the shoulder stock, also the trigger grip is shaped more to make it easier to weild as a blade. But everything else that makes it an assualt rifle is there!
    Last edited by Leonknight; 04-14-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    "Embrace the Stillness of Eternity"

I want to play a game. Am I the Only one? Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Am I the Only one?

To get more technical, Squall's gunblades don't actually fire a round. When the trigger is pulled it sends a shockwave through the blade causing more damage to the enemy.

But I haven't noticed that before about the Lionheart - good observation.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

My question, is how come in ffVIII u press R1 to increase damage, but Lightning doesn't have a similar feature..and she uses a gunblade.

btw, great observfation. I thought i noticed that, after i beat the game and there is the little victory scene after i won a battle. I just brushed it off and thought that i was crazy xD

Yea your right Zargabaath about the gunblades, most people think that it does fire a real round because of the animation in the battles that has a little explosion.

And your question Skid, its cause her Blazefire saber's firing mechanism gets hidden within the hilt when it is in its sword form, but it comes out when its in the gun form.

Memento Rhapso Am I the Only one? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, it doesn't look like an assault rifle stock. It looks kinda like extra decoration on the pistol butt, look closely. If you censor out the the stock/decoration all you see is a revolver attatched. Or maybe I'm crazy and it is a rifle either way is fine lol

*Upon reviewing I saw a rifle clip attatched to the front, my bad lol
    **Upon reviewing AGAIN I read that you thought the stock was the only part missing, not the thing that determines it. *facepalm* I'm off my game today, sorry guys
    Last edited by Rhaps; 04-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

lol its alright man, happens to the best of us. Also in dissidia you can see a little ejection port for the bullet casings in the lionheart xD

Quote Originally Posted by Leonknight View Post
    And your question Skid, its cause her Blazefire saber's firing mechanism gets hidden within the hilt when it is in its sword form, but it comes out when its in the gun form.

Really? i did not know that her Blazefire Saber could change forms. Obviously, it must be in a scene or something, cuz its not part of in game content....it really woulda been something if it was though!
    Beware him. In all of his furry-feline-fury

Ooh its part of the game content with her normal attacks, i think her 4th combo she fires a shot into the enemy ^^ forgot the other ones lol

Registered User Am I the Only one? Zidane77's Avatar

Does Lightning use gun-blade as well?
    I thought it was just a weird mechanical sword, man i can't wait to play that game

Yea its called a gunblade in the game, but not like FFVIII's. It changes back and forth between a assualt rifle and a blade.

Registered User Am I the Only one? tetsu346's Avatar

which is epic

Gunblades own. I remember that each time when you had to attack with Squall, you had to press R1 at the right time and you'd get extra damage out of his attack, and it made this cool kind of explosive sound. I so want a gunblade, would make for a very dodgy toothpick though
    Final Fantasy 7 PC - ~ your source for game info, downloads, media, walkthroughs, and mods ~

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Am I the Only one? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I always wondered why people thought Squall's (and Seifer's for that matter) fire a round, when the blade is in the way. If you look, the barrell is buried in the blade.

I always thought that the gun part of the Lionheart was awesome. However, I still thinks it looks more of a pistol than a rifle, because of the way it is held.

8runo

So you cant shoot with the gunblade in the game.
    what is the R1 button for then?

The British Guy. Am I the Only one? Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightning exposes the Gun part of her gunblade after every fight at any part of the game when she sheathes her weapon she flicks the blade part backward which in the cutscenes is what she does to fire a round. I havent looked closely but I think you can actually see the barrel of the gun depending which way the camera is facing.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Am I the Only one? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8runo View Post
    So you cant shoot with the gunblade in the game.
    what is the R1 button for then?
    Well, it was probably a poor choice of words that I used. It does fire a round, in a sense, but there is no way you can use it as a gun. The round just powers the attack and adds a bit more destruction to the slash.

Registered User Am I the Only one? IrvineKinneas's Avatar

Lightning shows her gun part of her blade when in a 4 hit combo attack she does a back-flip on the 4th attack and shoots the targetd enemy. It's really quite awesome. Unfortunately I keep accidently pressing R1 when I attack now and going onto the Libra screen which gets annoying after a while haha

Papissama

hmmm I actually never noticed

Badass Military Agent Am I the Only one? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Interesting reading all the posts, but I must say...

The first time I played VIII and saw a Gunblade I was like *WTF a Gunblade*, Probably the coolest thing I ever saw, good thing my boy Squall had it lol.

I'm still reluctant to play XIII but sooner or later, I will give it a chance...

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

In the end do you really care? Squall is an awesome character and a Gunblade is an awesome weapon so who gives a shit right?!