Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk"

Eye in the Sky Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" Fuzz's Avatar

Post Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk"

Well it appears more Final Fantasy VII remake talk is back in the news... It seems like every 6 months a little buzz comes up about it. So far, we have had Square Enix say that a FFVII remake would "not happen" or be "difficult", "unrealistic", and "tough to convert to HD", but this time, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada stated that the company is "going to explore the possibility" of revisiting the franchise's landmark game. He also admitted that he has been receiving loads of fan requests to see the game in a new form, so he has been giving it more solid thought.

With recent success of the Final Fantasy VII re-release on the PSN network, Square-Enix obviously knows this game is in huge demand. I know I have been contemplating a replay of FFVII lately, but I may just get it on the PSP, since I have heard these rumours one too many times!

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Memento Rhapso Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk"

I agree with what I saw in another forum on here, they should wait and use it as a financial "pick me up" as it'd be an egregiously huge cash cow.
    Maybe we could embargo square games until they do XD
    But yeah, FFVII has held No. 1 on the PSP's PSN for a good while, and has only dropped to No. 2 a couple of times so for them to ignore such a success would be foolish. Personally, if they did send this idea through the pipeline I'd be exuberent (correct spelling if needed)

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Paladin Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" Voltaire Adams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    I agree with what I saw in another forum on here, they should wait and use it as a financial "pick me up" as it'd be an egregiously huge cash cow.
    Maybe we could embargo square games until they do XD
    But yeah, FFVII has held No. 1 on the PSP's PSN for a good while, and has only dropped to No. 2 a couple of times so for them to ignore such a success would be foolish. Personally, if they did send this idea through the pipeline I'd be exuberent (correct spelling if needed)
    haha....I said that in the FFVIII remake thread. But yeah, I stand by what I said. It really makes good buisness sense. Especially considering that's pretty much what Square did when Spirits Within bombed. They pumped out a bunch of projects they knew would make money so they could gain back their losses.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

I want to play a game. Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" Zargabaath's Avatar

It seems ever since FFXIII was released in Japan or just a week or two before so, members of S-E have been going back and forth on the FFVII remake topic and when I saw the article today I had enough. It seems like S-E doesn't know what to do as they keep saying one thing but then another which may not mean that they are doing a remake but would like to. With all this confusion there may accidently (somehow through the whole process they would be oblivious) make Final Fantasy V remake for the PS3, Xbox360, or both ( I don't see anything remake going to the Wii).

I say forget about it [FFVII remake] and move on to making FF Versus XIII and FF Agito XIII and releasing some info about FF Haeresis XIII!

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

All PS1 Final Fantasy games just need to be remade for the PSP.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk"

I wish SE would come out with a definite answer to the demand, instead of just stringing the fans along like they do.

I would buy the remake, but I am not foaming at the mouth for one to be made. I have the original game, and it's still enjoyable to me, so that's fine.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Dragoon Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

I re-played it fairly recently and it still is an exception game, revolutionary compared to the prior SNES ones and arguably the best story and characters.
    However a remake would be fun, the idea been floating around for far too long for it not to be considered. And to see it in similar graphics of Advent Children would make about a million FF fans wet themselves. Having that power and to be able to cause this effect should be enough alone for them to try, because it would be funny to see.
    As for remaking it only on PSP, that's not right... Because I don't have one

Registered User Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" WilsonDean1990's Avatar

I'm Kinda glad another rumor has popped up, its kinda what keeps me going and thinking about VII. VII was the first final fantasy i played and i don't want the game itself to fade away like some other games i've played once and thats it. I'm not sure if i'd prefer the game on PSP or PS3

*PSP - More realistic that it will eventually come out, but i don't think the graphics would do it justice for me

*PS3 - Not very likey considering how long it would take to make, but if it did, OMG IT WOULD BE THE BEST GAME EVER!!!

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk"

In all honesty I think it's highly unlikely that "Squenix" will bother spending the time or the money remaking any of the PS1 FF games for as long as they can continue to make money from simply re-releasing the originals onto PSN. It's money for old rope.
    One Man and His Axe...

The real reason why the rum is gone Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

I'd almost certainly buy a remake, but I think the original will always be more popular, not only because it's an original but because of the nostalgia it holds for a lot of gamers.

last time i heard about a final fantasy remake they said that they wanted to get all the original team that made 7 back to do the remake but i dont get why they didnt just use the team that made advent children. But I'm glad that there is talk again because if square was smart they wouldn't even need to think about wither or not to make the remake and they just would because it would just pour in the money and be the top selling game out there.
    embrace your dreams and your honor

Since the release of FFXIII i am of the opinion that S-E have lost all the magic which was what the FF series was all about. Infact The Series hasn't been stunningly brilliant since FFX (X-2 was ok just for fun as a nice way to catch up with Spira and end the story on a high note. FFXI was blasphemy in my opinion as will FFXIV because of them being MMO, And FFXII was just average, Nothing special like FFVII and FFX were).

My major point is that If S-E are going down the same road as FFXIII with future FF titles, Then Any remake of FFVII (the single greatest game ever made) would probably be absolute sacrilegious dog shite.

You just know that S-E will not be able to just leave it alone and simply update the graphics and use a cast of actors. They will mess with the entire structure of the game and butcher it in the process.

Can you imagine how soul destroying that would be? FFVII would be forever ruined! It would be dumbed down to the extent of the awful FFXIII so that it will appeal to an entire generation of imagination deprived Call of Duty/EA Sports game playing morons.

Unfortunately that is where all gaming is going these days. Catering for the morons
    Last edited by TheBusterSword; 04-06-2010 at 07:31 PM.

I feel epic... Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBusterSword View Post
    Since the release of FFXIII i am of the opinion that S-E have lost all the magic which was what the FF series was all about. Infact The Series hasn't been stunningly brilliant since FFX (X-2 was ok just for fun as a nice way to catch up with Spira and end the story on a high note. FFXI was blasphemy in my opinion as will FFXIV because of them being MMO, And FFXII was just average, Nothing special like FFVII and FFX were).

My major point is that If S-E are going down the same road as FFXIII with future FF titles, Then Any remake of FFVII (the single greatest game ever made) would probably be absolute sacrilegious dog shite.

You just know that S-E will not be able to just leave it alone and simply update the graphics and use a cast of actors. They will mess with the entire structure of the game and butcher it in the process.

Can you imagine how soul destroying that would be? FFVII would be forever ruined! It would be dumbed down to the extent of the awful FFXIII so that it will appeal to an entire generation of imagination deprived Call of Duty/EA Sports game playing morons.

Unfortunately that is where all gaming is going these days. Catering for the morons
    You should play more FF. You'd realize FFXIII is doing its job.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

omg Square Enix makes a video game. The company is dying!

Also when I mean Remake for PSP I don't mean remake as in, new graphics. You remake it by enhancing what's already there.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

FFXIII is a fantastic rpg, it's just not a great FF.

A remake won't happen for a long time I don't think, it would be an expensive project. Also after using the FFXIII battle system I would probably be bored of the random encounter fighting of FVII.

vesshusban

I think they should remake it for the ps3 ps2 and the psp and have it come out at the same time. I think that will make alot of people happy.

HRH Albha Yet again... More FFVII Remake "Talk" Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really feel all too confident in saying this, but I think any remake, port or other re-vitalisation of FFVII will not appear on PSP.

Crisis Core and Dissidia have done remarkably well for PSP games. In fact they are the 4th and 11th most popular games on the system respectively. However the PSP has always been a weak seller in comparison to the DS.

Sure, the PSP would allow for better graphics. But if you want to play a game for the graphics, you clearly can't appreciate the most important pieces of that game.

With a remake for a console that is more powerful than the original console, you run a much greater risk of something getting changed, and with a game as popular as FFVII, it would likely be impossible to please every player or even every type of player with additions or subtractions. We witnessed that on the AFD thread that Cain created, in which some people complained about the removal of the dating-mechanics.

Also the DS is more than capable of supporting a port of the original game. Since the FMVs were actually the reason that the game was on 3 discs as opposed to 1. The original game could technically be played through using a single disc, with a little help from the debug room, as the entire game was available on all 3 discs, with the differences being which FMV was stored where (which is why the game plays fine if you advance using the debug room and the wrong disc - but the wrong FMV is played when you get to an FMV area).

Basically if they can do it with Resident Evil, and add in extra features to that, a full port of FFVII to DS would be possible. And it would sell very well, seeing as it would be the easiest way to get a portable version of the game.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    You should play more FF. You'd realize FFXIII is doing its job.
    A little presumptuous there, don't you think? I see no indication in his post that he hasn't played every final fantasy title to date, and just doesn't like the new game. I certainly feel like there's something missing to XIII as I play through it. Not to say that I outright agree with him that it's awful.

I haven't totally appreciated all the additional media to the original FFVII. A lot of it feels very different than the original game-more stylized, "edgy," and less fun-and I'm not sure how I would feel about their possible remake. Then again, I might love it. And then again, if I didn't, the original would probably still be available. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

FFVII is actually already available on the PSP - so there has been a port. You can download it on the PSN and it holds no.1 digital download. You couldd always play it on the PC with some improvements using mods. In any case, there will probably be a remake just not now. Allegedly, they will work on it after the release of FFXIV. Not entirely sure whether this is true or not. All we can do is wait.....
    Final Fantasy 7 PC - ~ your source for game info, downloads, media, walkthroughs, and mods ~

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Honestly this rumor has been going around since the initial video release of AC at E3 2001 or 2002 (I can't remember which one). The rumors have gotten out of hand also this is not the first time someone slapped the name of a S-E higher up on it, and definitely not the first time the news started circulating it. In essence what I am saying is it would be sick as hell if FFVII was remade but extremely unlikely. Square-Enix only looks forward. Also to whomever it was that said that it would be difficult to re-make FFVII it really wouldn't because most of the work is already done thanks to Crisis Core, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus. Also (of course) the story is written, the concept art still exists for the sites not visited in the 3 other medias. So it really wouldn't be all that difficult, or take too long, it would just be financially consuming. At the same time though would be worth it to the company.
    Last edited by Kooky Spice; 05-12-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

Registered User Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; DawnHero's Avatar

|my opinion|
    the rumors might seem close, but Twitter went berserk to|Square Enix Asks Fans, Should We Remake Final Fantasy VII?|
    Yoichi Wada has stated that he's unsure on internally develop titles like FFXIII
    /maybe he wants to go with the fans about the remake/let's go FF7

FinalFan

I bet 99% all this hype was from that tech demo...
    They should of never done that...People haven't
    stop talking about it sense.

SOLDIER 3rd Class Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; Copperfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Well it appears more Final Fantasy VII remake talk is back in the news... It seems like every 6 months a little buzz comes up about it. So far, we have had Square Enix say that a FFVII remake would "not happen" or be "difficult", "unrealistic", and "tough to convert to HD", but this time, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada stated that the company is "going to explore the possibility" of revisiting the franchise's landmark game. He also admitted that he has been receiving loads of fan requests to see the game in a new form, so he has been giving it more solid thought.

With recent success of the Final Fantasy VII re-release on the PSN network, Square-Enix obviously knows this game is in huge demand. I know I have been contemplating a replay of FFVII lately, but I may just get it on the PSP, since I have heard these rumours one too many times!
    Personally, I don't think it would be as difficult as they're making it out to be.

Don't get me wrong, it would be quite a bit of work. But I think it would be work well worth the effort.

There's an online petition (can't recall where), and apparently over 60,000 people agree that a remake would be awesome.

Dan the man Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot;
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

Ive seen this discussion in other places so many times and ive just decided to not look forward to it because it prolly wont happen....but i will say this...if it does happen....I will buy whatever system it comes out on lol..( I am still rocking the ps2)

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Well how about finishing remaking 5 and 6.
    I like 5 the best and 6 better than FF7.
    And HOPEFULLY! A FF8 REMAKE!

but I doubt that...

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Registered User Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; CloudvsLightning's Avatar

I don't know whether or not they should redo it because there are so many positives and negatives. There are so many things one could say on the topic I mean some fans would love it while others wouldn't know what to say. The idea has been brought up spo many times that it makes me wonder if they will do it or not. FF VII was such a success that a remake may have a lot to live up to. I really don't know what to say on the topic.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Controlling With Fear Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

It's not going to happen, and i'm cool with that. A ff7 next-gen remake would be kinda weird to play anyways.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Hmm, how about they focus on Remaking FF5 and 6, then focus on 7, then maybe 8 and 9.
    By the time FF7 comes out, FF8 will need a whole reboot.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Controlling With Fear Yet again... More FFVII Remake &quot;Talk&quot; Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    Hmm, how about they focus on Remaking FF5 and 6, then focus on 7, then maybe 8 and 9.
    lol, i don't know about 9. But hey if they came out and actually re-made a game, then cool, it probably won't take 5yrs to release.

Nahh, they are exagerating.
    5 years? hahaha
    How long did it take for FF13? From their complete reboot, about 3 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast