Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why people want a FF7 Remake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I will save the world Why people want a FF7 Remake Hero without a Name's Avatar

Why people want a FF7 Remake

FF7 ON PS3!!!! FF7 ON PS3!!! It has being going on FOR YEARS now, and I'm honestly getting a little sick of it. Whether it's actual ff7 fans, or just a bunch of fan boys and girls craving sweet graphics, although I do not like destroying the classics, I understand their point of few. Not that I'm being a hypocrite, but let me explain and all will be revealed.

I was at my friends house a few days ago, he was playing FF7 and he needed help in the Temple of Anicents, with him knowing I knew the game inside and out, he asked for my assistance and I gave it to him, here's the kicker...he was playing the game on a large screen tv....hence make the characters a little more choppy looking and actually showing how bad the graphics actually were, his roommate also a fan of final fantasy refused to play it due to the fact the graphics were so bad on that tv.

And I'm inclined to agree with them, it was a little less fun to play the game on a large screen tv, granted I've played the game enough times that...(never thought I'd say this), it's not really fun anymore unless I hack something. But that's just me, a lot of other people have their opinions, but here's my own, so listen up!

The only reason people want old school games to be remade is just so they can get the flashy feeling to the game, where they go "ooh" and "ahh" and not appreciate the actual story, they'll just appreciate how awesome Tifa's boobs look in HD. They have the attention span of 1 second that they need good graphics just to keep themselves interested which is sad because FF7 has one of the greatest video game stories of all time and people don't appreciate them.

I'm probably going to piss off some people with this point and frankly I don't care, I'm not here to start a fight or anything, I'm just being competely honest. People only want remakes on old school games, because we've become a society of video games that are more based on graphics and looking awesome than actual story line...because our attention span has shortened over the years, I'm not being a jerk about it I'm being truthful, I have the same problem. But that's my two cents. Do you agree, do you disagree? Let me know.

For the record, I don't want to start a fight with anyone on this forum, so if you're planning on picking a fight with me on this forum, don't bother posting at all.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Re: Why people want a FF7 Remake

I just want a remake to see such a great game with an awesome story remade with sharp, modern graphics. I already know the story would be good, obviously. Why not see it mixed with great graphics? I'm not one of those people, though, that are desperate for the remake. I'd love it if it happened, though.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Why people want a FF7 Remake Xanatos's Avatar

Wait a minute... there are people who actually appreciate story of Final Fantasy VII? Weird. As for calling it one of the best video game stories of all time, seriously? A story that suffocates in it's own complexity, story full of plot holes, when fans themselves go as far as to explain certain events because it doesn't make sense in the first place, and all Square can do is provide us with laughable explanations to justify actions of certain characters, release guides and books to tie things down and even then we're left with dozen's of questions. Not to mention how many elements are already used and obviously copied from previous games. It's not even funny how many fans of Final Fantasy VII can't get their shit straight, and that's apparently one of the best video game stories of all time, if so than Bioware, and Team ICO must be pulling Oscars for their storytelling.

Regarding the remake, I for one would love to see a remake, but for completely different reasons. First of all, all those fanboys/girls would finally shut the **** up, secondly, as much as fans don't like to admit it Final Fantasy VII is highly flawed game, both story and gameplay wise, and I would like to see it fixed.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

tjVII

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Wait a minute... there are people who actually appreciate story of Final Fantasy VII? Weird. As for calling it one of the best video game stories of all time, seriously? A story that suffocates in it's own complexity, story full of plot holes, when fans themselves go as far as to explain certain events because it doesn't make sense in the first place, and all Square can do is provide us with laughable explanations to justify actions of certain characters, release guides and books to tie things down and even then we're left with dozen's of questions. Not to mention how many elements are already used and obviously copied from previous games. It's not even funny how many fans of Final Fantasy VII can't get their shit straight, and that's apparently one of the best video game stories of all time, if so than Bioware, and Team ICO must be pulling Oscars for their storytelling.

Regarding the remake, I for one would love to see a remake, but for completely different reasons. First of all, all those fanboys/girls would finally shut the **** up, secondly, as much as fans don't like to admit it Final Fantasy VII is highly flawed game, both story and gameplay wise, and I would like to see it fixed.
    I don't know about this.. At first I was going to rage pretty bad but I do see your points. I played this when it first came out back in 97. I was rather young, around 5, but fell pretty hard for it. I guess I had the rather creative mind of a child when I played it first so I didn't see the holes, I just was just in awe of a game that had a story that was so captivating and was able to make me actually feel like I was with cloud and nanaki and rest of the crew. I had never had a game that could make me hate a charater as much as I hated Sephiroth when he murdered Aerith. I don't know man, maybe it was because I fell in love with it so long ago, but the story has captivated me for over a decade and a remake would almost be a shame if not made exceptional. That's the equivalent of Aerosmith trying to find someone to replace Tyler. No one would want to touch that position in fear of being the guy who ruined Aerosmith. Anyway, if some incredibly talented people put every ounce of effort possible, a remake could be amazing. But the more likely scenario is that it would be contoured into something like ff13. The greatest final fantasy movie so far. Thoughts?

Gamer Girl Why people want a FF7 Remake Sakaea's Avatar

I'd love a remake just so the graphics would be epic; obviously the story would be as good as ever. I'm replaying FFVII right now, and there's certain scenes I would just love to see with graphics like FFXIII. Just my 2 cents.

I will save the world Why people want a FF7 Remake Hero without a Name's Avatar

Ah, I'm glad to see this attracted people's attention, for the record I didn't call everyone a fanboy on the site. Just a lot of people, through I appreciate everyone's comments. This is what I came on the forum to see, keep them coming!

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Why people want a FF7 Remake che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont wanna start a fight with anyone on this forum but I took a piss in your cheerios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

The Lost Writer Why people want a FF7 Remake Psiko's Avatar

I've become torn over the remake debate. Years ago, in my posting prime here on TFF, I was firmly against remaking games for other platforms. My argument was that the games did not need to have revamped graphics to be enjoyed.

I still hold to that belief. I love my 8-bit and 16-bit gems, and hate seeing them tarnished with all the new additions that remakes entail. I feel as though I can't have discussions on Final Fantasy I, the game I know like the back of my hand, because they've changed so much in all the remake editions. Back in my day, level 50 was the highest it would go...

On the other hand, there is the fact that at least SOME of what made the game a great classic will still remain intact. It pleases me to see new generations of gamers enjoying the same titles I enjoyed during my childhood and adolescence. I still think they need to take the "training wheels" off and play the real game, but I know that is almost impossible to ask for. I might as well pray for my trees to start growing money.

I agree that Final Fantasy VII looks blocky and grainy and terrible. It always has. Back when it was still new, people jerked off over those "great graphics" much the same as they do for the games being released now. I've never understood it. As long as you can tell what things are, it shouldn't matter how it looks. Unless the treasure chest, the monster, the door, and your main character all look identical there is no need for graphical improvement.

I think Square would make a lot of money by rereleasing Final Fantasy VII. Personally I think it would be a waste of time because new graphics and added features can't fix a mediocre game. I have never been a fan, and I have never understood the cult following this game garners. I wish someone could effectively explain it to me, because I think I'll come to the true meaning of life before I can come up with this explanation. It simply makes no sense.

In fact, this would be one of the worst games in the series. I haven't played XII or XIII so I can't speak for them, but only IIj and X are worse. Even Mystic Quest was better, in my humble opinion. But I'll leave this can of worms for another debate on another day...
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Everyone needs a savior Why people want a FF7 Remake the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psiko View Post
    but only IIj and X are worse. Even Mystic Quest was better,
    how can you think X is worse??? it has the best characters the most complete story line voiceovers which was one of squares best ideas (trailing off from tradition yes but still)

unlike any of its predessesors the characters have a background the started it in VIII then completly abandon it in IX in VII there is a little bit but then everything gets shattered when you find out clouds secret

it has the best storyline an actual story with meaning rather then go to the castle and save princess its like the pre FFV didnt even try to have a story
    X has a complete story a plot a mission love, anguish, greed all those things that make a book great that make a story great are included in the game

i am actually appauled that you can put X on the same level as II i am all for praising the classics but geez X was an instant classic.
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Why people want a FF7 Remake Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_savior21 View Post
    how can you think X is worse??? it has the best characters the most complete story line voiceovers which was one of squares best ideas (trailing off from tradition yes but still)
    Comma is your friend, remember that...

As for your last part, the one with voice overs, I couldn't help myself but to laugh at it. I wouldn't call it an idea rather a choice and not really a good one seeing as voice acting in X was goddamn awful.

unlike any of its predessesors the characters have a background the started it in VIII then completly abandon it in IX in VII there is a little bit but then everything gets shattered when you find out clouds secret
    I really do hope you're winding us up, I really do.

Aside Rinoa who barely has any background, main characters of Final Fantasy VIII have almost identical background which by the way is poorly done while I'm at it.

As for Final Fantasy IX, five out of eight characters have interesting and well explained background, some which the main story centers around, which leads me to believe you either didn't play Final Fantasy IX or you don't know what background is.

it has the best storyline an actual story with meaning rather then go to the castle and save princess its like the pre FFV didnt even try to have a storyX has a complete story a plot a mission love, anguish, greed all those things that make a book great that make a story great are included in the game
    Let me get this straight, you're comparing Final Fantasy X, a game made in time where storytelling has drastically evolved and there were less restrictions, to games made in 80's where they were restricted to almost anything, from amount of people working on it, to cartridge size and whatnot... I would call you stupid, but I'm afraid I might get a warning, ah what the hell, you are stupid.

As for the story itself, as with majority of FF games, X as well has tons of already seen and overused elements in it's storyline, teen love, teen protagonists with laughable hair and big ass swords, villain with barely any background and weak motives whos only purpose is to be there so a game could have a villain... it did have a nice twist or two.

i am actually appauled that you can put X on the same level as II i am all for praising the classics but geez X was an instant classic.
    I actually agree with you on this one, Final Fantasy II gave us it's leveling system which has been used in tons of games ever since then, games such as Oblivion and Fallout, tons of new stuff, some that became trademark of Final Fantasy such as Cid and Chocobos, while Final Fantasy X gave us it's terrible voice acting which was revolutionary to FF franchise only, in other words I'm also appalled X is in the same sentence as II.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 10-26-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Boxer of the Galaxy Why people want a FF7 Remake Rowan's Avatar

People want a remake of VII because it was the greatest and most successful FF in the series of FF. Undeniable proof is that there were three spinoffs (crisis core, before crisis and dirge of cerberus) an anime (forget the name, its about clouds past) a movie (advent children) and has been voted somewhere reputible that its the 2nd highest ranking game for a remake voted by the people.

You're disagreeing based on "oh I dont think there should be a remake so why should anyone else want a remake?"

bradstrong

I would purchase any console to a remake of this game. NP.

Speaking of remakes, I'd love it if they went on and remade all three main PS1 games. I'd probably like VIII alot more if they remade it with better graphics and if they were to change the whole junction system in some way.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Blog Entries

xanatos,

thank you for picking me apart. well done. but i never said that ix didnt have any i just said little, and i wasnt comparing X to I for the sake of the story being better which it obviously is because of the reasons you already said, the argument was with X and VII. Honestly you schooled me when it came to II cuz i have not played it and should have left it out of my rant but VII is not one of the worst games in the franchise it is at least top 5 or 6 (leaving 2-3 spaces for games i havent played)

i never said that the voiceovers were good acting but it was a great thing to have had it been done right and it was a big step for them.

the part about pre ffv, yes i realize that they were restricted back then that doesnt make them a flat out better game. things get better as time goes on thats the same with everything. thats why more people who grew up with the 8 and 16 bit games praise ix because it goes back to those roots. and sorry if liking to have a bit more to a story is a crime.

and yes II was revolutionary for the franchise but x was also. X was the first game with voiceovers, the sphere grid which was i liked maybe others may not have but i did also it was the first on the ps2 console. If you think about it vii-x-2 (excluding xii i havent played it) were all revolutionary in the means of strengthing characters they all had a different system except ix whos goes back to the old versions but.

i applaud you for picking apart every flaw in my post i but you know i did overstep my boundries talking bout games i never played (not IX!!)

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Quote Originally Posted by the_savior21 View Post
    xanatos, thank you for picking me apart. well done. but i never said that ix didnt have any i just said little
    Little bit! You're winding me up again, aren't you?

Zidane alone has more background, around which good part of main story is centered, than half of those characters in Final Fantasy X. Both Garnet and Eiko are way superior in that regard than let's say Yuna, one of the main if not the main protagonist who's background can be summed in one, max two lines, and even half of that would be more about Braska than Yuna herself.

and i wasnt comparing X to I for the sake of the story being better which it obviously is because of the reasons you already said, the argument was with X and VII. Honestly you schooled me when it came to II cuz i have not played it and should have left it out of my rant but VII is not one of the worst games in the franchise it is at least top 5 or 6 (leaving 2-3 spaces for games i havent played)
    Yet, you failed to bring Final Fantasy VII in your comparison, concentrating only on older titles.

I assume your last part is directed at Psiko as nowhere in my post have I mentioned Final Fantasy VII let alone called it one of the worst games in franchise, though I have to agree with Psiko it's pretty bad.

i never said that the voiceovers were good acting but it was a great thing to have had it been done right and it was a big step for them.
    "Had it been done right" would be the key part in your sentence...

the part about pre ffv, yes i realize that they were restricted back then that doesnt make them a flat out better game. things get better as time goes on thats the same with everything. thats why more people who grew up with the 8 and 16 bit games praise ix because it goes back to those roots. and sorry if liking to have a bit more to a story is a crime.
    Roots? Now you're mumbling gibberish. If you're to look at it in different manner, how big of impact they had and what those games managed to accomplish in their respective time, then yes, older titles are indeed better than Final Fantasy X.

Final Fantasy X is way superior by today standards, which is completely normal considering how fast games evolved, but remember, never ever should one compare newer games to older ones on even grounds.

and yes II was revolutionary for the franchise but x was also. X was the first game with voiceovers, the sphere grid which was i liked maybe others may not have but i did also it was the first on the ps2 console. If you think about it vii-x-2 (excluding xii i havent played it) were all revolutionary in the means of strengthing characters they all had a different system except ix whos goes back to the old versions but.
    I fail to see how sphere grid did anything for franchise, it was just another leveling/battle system, one every game in franchise has, some more complex and way superior to it while I'm at it. As for voice overs, revolutionary in FF sense, but nothing new in general gaming like let's say ATB which made it's first appearance in Final Fantasy IV and truly brought revolution among JPRG's.

Blog Entries

i never wanna argue with you ever agian

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Riding the waves of adventure Why people want a FF7 Remake RainingOasis's Avatar

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. People are still talking about it being remade? I thought for sure people would get tired of talking about it, guess not.
    Enjoying the ride of life, one adventure at a time

Blog Entries

sad as it may be that will never happen, especially now since they decided to remake X first

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

I think they should remake ff7 because the original game is awesome and in HD the graphics and sound will be awesome also and in stead of walking into a crappy little city you can actually walk into a proper size city. Plus with the weapons they will look more real such as clouds his altimate weapon will proberly look like the sword he has in the advent cildren film. The graphics weill look like the film where you can see all the little details such as each strands of hair the stichin in there clothes each strands of the lifestream nanakis fiery tail. Then the cut scenes will be mind blowing especially the death of aeries. Also the weapons waking up will be pretty cool as well. As for the metor scene thast would be awesome too. These are the ones that spring to mind but every fmv scene would kick ass anyway!!!!

Sargeant Tastycakes Why people want a FF7 Remake dustinpro's Avatar

Square is just going to keep hyping,then denying remake rumors until they can find a way to kill any and all enthusiasm before actually releasing any remake.
    FFVII doesn't need a remake,none of the FFs do,Square should leave them alone.(FFVII's compilation was mostly crap anyway,culminating in those horrendous soda cans...)

The reason people want a remake I think is for a few reasons these ones are mine. 1)Doesn't need saying really but awesome sound and graphics. 2)FFVII really launched this franchise into Stardom (second best selling PS1 game ever just behing Gran Turismo never understand why though). 3)Epic game simple as that. A remake would mint Square-Enix and if was made Playstation exvlusive like the original FFVII Sony would make a packet too. I know there was a lot of discussion on a remake (Square-Enix's fault for using the FFVII opening as a PS3 tech demo really Square what did you expect?!)but I personally think it WILL be done one day I have no doubt in that respect. Also I would love a remake I love the original but would probably love a remake even more!!!!
    Last edited by markandrewkinzett; 11-21-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

Final Fantasy 7 FREAK!!! Why people want a FF7 Remake MidgarPeaceMaker01's Avatar

I want the remake because I want to see the sweet graphics come to life on the ps3. I also want to see the story co.e back to life. You can actually see the story on the big screen. That's awesome. There are many other reasins, but since I'm in a daze of final fantasy 7, I better go chill. Been thinking about the game too much.... I think I need to rest a bit....
    "Happiness is a perfume. You cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself... "

maestoso

I understand why people bash the blocky animations of the characters and NPCs; however, I LOVE the pre-rendered backgrounds in the game.

I think they are so beautiful. I downloaded them all on my computer and sometimes will just look at them and marvel at the effort the artists put into the smallest details.

When I upgraded my TV, I played VII on it and noticed how bad the blockiness was, too. I still would sometimes just set the controller down, listen to the music and observe the beautiful and fascinating landscapes the artists created.

If you think VII looks bad on a new TV, you should try IV or VI!

I actually enjoy the pixelated art of the older games, though, and I appreciate them for the amazing results they created given limited technology.

Crash Boom Bang Why people want a FF7 Remake Lily's Avatar

I just wanna see the Wall market experience remade - especially the honey bee in, id love to see how they'd get round that

kingkidd

Im sure they could be working on it and keeping it very very secret, with all the other remakes and FF going on.

I would love to see a remake ..with extra side quests..and maybe even and extended verson that goes into AC content.. lots that they could do with all the other FFVII content

Bananarama Why people want a FF7 Remake Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh man, how awesome would it be to just load the game full of FMV and then after you beat the game, play the entire Advent Children movie just as a grand finale?

That would excite the shit out of me
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered Uber Why people want a FF7 Remake Hobaginator's Avatar

Cloud: Sephiroth's not dead? Mako made me have false memories? But... that means...
    Hojo: Yes, that's right! Sephiroth IS dead, but he's not, because he's still here! Zack isn't quite who you think you aren't, Cloud! Jenova is actually alive because I killed her and now I'm going to transform into a monster! Ha-HA!
    Cloud: Desu!
    ------------------------------PAUSE-------------------------------------
    Me: What just happened?
    My brother: Just kill the boss.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobaginator View Post
    Cloud: Sephiroth's not dead? Mako made me have false memories? But... that means...
    Hojo: Yes, that's right! Sephiroth IS dead, but he's not, because he's still here! Zack isn't quite who you think you aren't, Cloud! Jenova is actually alive because I killed her and now I'm going to transform into a monster! Ha-HA!
    Cloud: Desu!
    ------------------------------PAUSE-------------------------------------
    Me: What just happened?
    My brother: Just kill the boss.
    What?!

Queen Why people want a FF7 Remake Crescent's Avatar

As much as I #$%*$#& LOVE this game Im still on the fence on whether I want a remake..What if they fk it up??!!..But then again what if they dont?!!...But again.. what if (by some bloody miracle) it turns out to be better than the original*COUGH*THAT'LL BE THE DAY*COUGH* So yeah Im not sure about a remake I dont think the graphics of the original are bad at all I LOVE the blocky characters I personally think it adds to the charm of FFVII aka "THE BEST GAME EVERRR!! " For personal peverse reasons I would ah..Love(yeah thats polite enuf) to see Sephiroth shirtless at the end in CGI...MUST..NOT..ENTERTAIN...THOUGHT...

So a remake is a lil too risky for my liking. Besides Kitase said it himself he'd be too tempted to change somethings *sigh*... Well I am playing FFVII again n its still perfect n I love the turn-based battle system. AND everything else. I swear I could just go on and on..

I'd rather see 9 remade honestly instead of 7. had a better story adn better developed characters. Zidane is one of the most enjoyable protagonists ever, and I actually felt bad for him when his luck went awry, unlike mopy ass Cloud. I don't get the praise for 7, maybe it's because Sephiroth looks cool?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast