Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated?

Lady Succubus Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think nix is a graphics whore.

I think he just holds them in a higher light than the majority of gamers. I understand how the older games would look/play like crap compared to some of today's games.

Although I do prefer the story/plot of FF6/4 over the plot of 7, but I still like 7 a lot.

People have different tastes and you can't really force someone to just suddenly side with our belief of "story/plot/gameplay is more important".

Nothing is wrong with nix's views. While I do not agree with them, I'm not going to give him flack for them, because it is wrong to do such a thing.

I don't see why drama has to be created just because someone has differing views.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I should as to this that apparently, with your "irrationality" a game that is old is boring to play, but when it was new it would/could have been enjoyable. Do you see how flawed and irrational that is? How old a game is does not impact how fun the game is. If a game is fun then it is fun. Videogames do not age like milk. Also you seem to be worried about playing the latest "hip" games out because of some insecurity you may have in playing an old game and beeing seen as a "loser"; that's what I'm feeling here..

Because when it was first released it would have been the best graphics available, i wouldnt have known any better. However only given the option years later to play it, it was extremely dated in comparison to what was available. And i was busy playing other better games than a side scroll 2d rpg which offered nothing new in terms of gameplay.

The only good point it could have had was a good story, but hey i have books for that

Heck FFXII's graphics were amazing, but it was the biggest pile of shit ever, i gave up on that too.

The game has to grip me and pull me in, im not easily amused, perhaps thats the problem here?

RPG's are easy, the only thing they can offer is story and graphics, nothing more, if it doesnt have both, im not gonna play it. I'll play something else, simple as that..

Did you all know, when FFI came out, it was the best graphics? I find it pointless to like a game just for it's graphics. Graphics to me is at the bottom of my list of what I expect in a game. FFXII was a amazing.

Anyways, I stand by my post by saying FFVII is overrated, good game but overrated.

I want to play a game. Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    I don't think nix is a graphics whore.

I think he just holds them in a higher light than the majority of gamers. I understand how the older games would look/play like crap compared to some of today's games.

Although I do prefer the story/plot of FF6/4 over the plot of 7, but I still like 7 a lot.

People have different tastes and you can't really force someone to just suddenly side with our belief of "story/plot/gameplay is more important".

Nothing is wrong with nix's views. While I do not agree with them, I'm not going to give him flack for them, because it is wrong to do such a thing.

I don't see why drama has to be created just because someone has differing views.
    You may not want to support or stand up for what you believe in, but I will.

In RPGs graphics are the least important always; graphics do not make or break a RPG. As you said: story/plot/gameplay and I would add characters are more important. A gamer who places graphics higher, a "graphics whore", is similiar to front-runners in sports. For any who don't know what a "front-runner" is, they are people, they would call themselves fans, who root for the best team(s) at the time and will change when that team starts to be bad or is bad. They are not true fans at all, when they say, "My team or "Team X" is better than your team" (don't get into the issue that it is not "their" team) is worthless because they are not fans of that team but fans of winning, fans of the best team and they probably don't know who plays on the team. Front-runners are not respected by real fans of the game just as graphics whores should be not respected relating to RPGs in certain topics, this being one. Now, that does not mean that people should disrepect "graphics whores" and treat them like dirt, but their opinion on the certain matters holds no weight and is to be dismissed just as Nix's should be in this case.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 10-18-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    At this point, you are not standing up for or supporting for what you believe in, you are just giving him flack for him having different views than yourself.

There is a very very big difference to standing up to your views, and giving someone shit for their different views. You, sir, are giving nix shit.

Nix is in no way putting down your viewpoints or your stance on gaming. He's just stating what his views are.

And here you are putting him down. Again, you are not standing up for your views at this point.

Also, what's wrong with being a fan of winning? I'm like that with sports also.

Sports =/= video games.

EDIT: Also...not standing up for what I believe in? Really? What do you think this is, some sort of epic revolution full of philosophy? The bakumatsu?

They're just video games, man. Quit taking things so seriously. People have different tastes in their games and that's that. You have to respect that.
    Last edited by Victoria; 10-18-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Bananarama Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll agree with Zargabaath about the front runner deal, but to a degree. If nix really were a front runner in terms of graphics, XIII would be the greatest FF of all time (thus far). He's just saying he can't really stand the 8 and 16 bit graphics. That's understandable. If I was used to fillet mignon for dinner every night, I wouldn't want hamburger. So in that sense, I can see why nix doesn't want to take a step back.

Though, in terms of story and overall fun, I think that the older FF's have the newer ones beat by a landslide. You can polish a turd and make it shiny and smell nice and give it all these special features and mini games, but at the end of the day, it's still a turd. IV and VI were both great games despite the lack in graphics, because they boasted great story lines and characters that were both interesting and unique, both inside and outside of battle. Yes, in VI everyone could use magic, but everyone had their own special abilities, unique to that character. In VII, the characters were pretty much defined only by their weapon class and limit breaks, the same with VIII.

And videogaming is kind of like sports in terms of team loyalty. Each series is kind of like a team. I love the Mets in baseball, and I love the FF series. If I had to chose any rpg series to stick with, it'd be FF, just like I'll bleed blue and orange til I die. Will I watch another baseball game if the Mets aren't playing, sure. Hell, I also like the Twins. Will I play other rpg's in between FF's, you betcha. I would say that each FF is like a player within the franchise, and having a favorite FF is like having that favorite player. You could say that VII is my version of Mike Piazza or David Wright. They might not be the best to ever play the game, but there's something about them that I like to the point where they're my favorites. And yes Piazza is retired now after a few years of decline, but that doesn't change the fact that he is still one of my favorites. It's like how Piazza was the greatest hitting catcher of his era (90s), and he replaced Johnny Bench as the greatest hitting catcher of his era (70s) and now Joe Mauer is making his way to becoming the greatest hitting catcher of today's era. Still doesn't change the fact that Piazza is my boy.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

At this point, you are not standing up for or supporting for what you believe in, you are just giving him flack for him having different views than yourself.

There is a very very big difference to standing up to your views, and giving someone shit for their different views. You, sir, are giving nix shit.

Nix is in no way putting down your viewpoints or your stance on gaming. He's just stating what his views are.

And here you are putting him down. Again, you are not standing up for your views at this point.

Also, what's wrong with being a fan of winning? I'm like that with sports also.

Sports =/= video games.

EDIT: Also...not standing up for what I believe in? Really? What do you think this is, some sort of epic revolution full of philosophy? The bakumatsu?

They're just video games, man. Quit taking things so seriously. People have different tastes in their games and that's that. You have to respect that.

My last post was not giving him flack, my last post was not even directed at him. It was to correlate the relationship and similiarities between front-runners and "graphics whores".

I have not given Nix shit, I have stood up for my views in my previous posts and showed through reason, why graphics do not matter in RPGs. Like: [I]The graphics of the game do not change how great or bad the game is. That games do not age like milk, the older they are the worst they get no matter what. That the absolute that Nix's view is: that all old games are crappy is not true especially if he has not played them or if the only thing "wrong" with them were their graphics. That this view is ageist and view that involves irrational ways of thinking (racism, ageism, sexism to name a few) should be countered, unless you feel that people should not object to such views.

Nix is stating his views, however there will be a times when someone will challenge a person's views and that person should defend their views, as Nix did. On the internet they can be warned, banned, or ignored, but in the real world they can't be warned or banned, the person either defends themselves adequately or they flee. You may not like people to challenge other people's views but that does not make the challenger or the challenge wrong or evil.

And again I was correlating the relationship of front-runners and "graphics whores", since you could not come away with that from my last post.

There is nothing wrong to like winning, when "your" team is winning, however front-runners are not real fans and that is why, since you say you are or are similiar to a front-runner (though a person can't be similiar to a front-runner, they are or they aren't), I would not care or consider your view on sports in certain discussions just as other real fans should.

Philosophy goes far deeper into the life of a person than you think. What you have said leads to me to believe a characteristic you have relating to "standing up for what a person believes in" and "people have different views that shouldn't be challenged because it is wrong".

And just so you don't get my post mixed up again, I'm not giving Nix flak at all in this post nor you, unless you call debating - "giving someone flak".

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    I don't really care for people not considering my opinion on sports, as I do not have any opinions on sports. *shrug*

I don't watch sports to begin with, and the only real sport I'm loyal to someone in is Tennis.

That aside, you pretty much said in your last post that nix's opinions don't matter, just because he has different views than you.

I don't mind someone challenging someone's views, but you have to remember something.

These are video games. People have different tastes to them and you can't change that. I feel like a broken record.

Again, like Pete just said. Nix isn't a graphics whore. If he was, FF12 would be the best FF ever. But it's not. 7 is still his favorite. He just doesn't like sprites, that's all.
    Last edited by Victoria; 10-18-2009 at 10:09 AM.

You may not want to support or stand up for what you believe in, but I will.

In RPGs graphics are the least important always; graphics do not make or break a RPG. As you said: story/plot/gameplay and I would add characters are more important. A gamer who places graphics higher, a "graphics whore", is similiar to front-runners in sports. For any who don't know what a "front-runner" is, they are people, they would call themselves fans, who root for the best team(s) at the time and will change when that team starts to be bad or is bad. They are not true fans at all, when they say, "My team or "Team X" is better than your team" (don't get into the issue that it is not "their" team) is worthless because they are not fans of that team but fans of winning, fans of the best team and they probably don't know who plays on the team. Front-runners are not respected by real fans of the game just as graphics whores should be not respected relating to RPGs in certain topics, this being one. Now, that does not mean that people should disrepect "graphics whores" and treat them like dirt, but their opinion on the certain matters holds no weight and is to be dismissed just as Nix's should be in this case.
    Thanks for confirming you're an idiot, I wasnt sure until i read that post.

And gameplay in a rpg? There isnt any, no actual level of skill involved what-so-ever.

There are two things a RPG can offer, story and graphics, oh and good music, sorry thats three. If an RPG doesnt have a good story and decent graphics, if it hasn't got those traits. I dont want to play it, id rather do something else. For people who do play them, i dont care, whatever your into.

Now stop smelling your own farts and treating RPG's like a religion you lil weirdo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    And gameplay in a rpg? There isnt any, no actual level of skill involved what-so-ever.

There are two things a RPG can offer, story and graphics, oh and good music, sorry that's three.
    Well, graphics go towards any game in existence, not just RPGs. So...honestly, RPGs offer replay value and story.

I agree with the no skill needed. It's more trial and error until you get things right.

Edit: Okay, so replay value is really needed for many games, not just RPGs... Hm.

Story and Menu navigation! Or some type of feature.
    Last edited by Victoria; 10-18-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Well, graphics go towards any game in existence, not just RPGs.
    Exactly!

I cant play EVERY game in the world, i simply don't have the time. So i take a very greedy approach to games, they have to offer alot.

I have no desire to play old games, its really quite simple and pointless arguing.

But its amusing watching this guy treat it like his opinion is the only way forth.

Black and white thinkers, they're a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Thanks for confirming you're an idiot, I wasnt sure until i read that post.

There are two things a RPG can offer, story and graphics, oh and good music, sorry thats three. If an RPG doesnt have a good story and decent graphics, if it hasn't got those traits. I dont want to play it, id rather do something else. For people who do play them, i dont care, whatever your into.

Now stop smelling your own farts and treating RPG's like a religion you lil weirdo

No level of skill you say. No gameplay you say. Then have fun only attacking in Person 3, Persona 4, SMT: Nocturne, the whole SMT series actually since it has no gameplay which is a contradiction to begin with (playing a game presupposes gameplay) and requires no skill or strategy.

I am to take away that the battle system is what you find the least imporatant in an RPG? That the battle system are all the same, therefore can be dismissed from the evaluation of an RPG? Because the battle system, which could be argued is more important than the story, is not a main purpose in an RPG, to fight battles using the battle system is not what will take up most of the time in an RPG. That such an important, time consuming part of an RPG, is not relevant or imporatant at all. Yeah, ok... call me stupid then, for whatever you are is way more severe in the lacking of intelligence.

When you want to joke or insult somebody make sure the joke or insult is good at least, especially when it is directed at me. Otherwise it is lame.

Blog Entries
    Now you're just being a smart ass.

Obviously the battle systems for all turn-based RPGs are mostly all the same, except for a few variations here and there. I've played tons to notice this.

Also, if you follow most common sense/tropes (for the lack of a better word), then you would know what type of magic/items/skills to use on certain bosses/enemies. That's not really skill.

Also, as I had just said; it's trial and error, not skill.

Yes, I will agree that the SMT series is the type of game series with cheap bosses that will kick your ass if you don't know what you're doing. But if you trial and error enough, you'll figure it out.

Also, gameplay =/= playing the game.
    Gameplay = The type of system inside of the game that makes it easy to navigate/play with.

No level of skill you say. No gameplay you say. Then have fun only attacking in Person 3, Persona 4, SMT: Nocturne, the whole SMT series actually since it has no gameplay which is a contradiction to begin with (playing a game presupposes gameplay) and requires no skill or strategy.

I am to take away that the battle system is what you find the least imporatant in an RPG? That the battle system are all the same, therefore can be dismissed from the evaluation of an RPG? Because the battle system, which could be argued is more important than the story, is not a main purpose in an RPG, to fight battles using the battle system is not what will take up most of the time in an RPG. That such an important, time consuming part of an RPG, is not relevant or imporatant at all. Yeah, ok... call me stupid then, for whatever you are is way more severe in the lacking of intelligence.

When you want to joke or insult somebody make sure the joke or insult is good at least, especially when it is directed at me. Otherwise it is lame.
    The battle system is you actioning a prefferd sequence of attacks, and then using a turn to heal up your party so you can continue with your sequence of attacks. Thats all the game play is in regards to skill level, you can complete a random battle by pressing the same button a few times. Whoop-di-dooo, boss battle? oh no, im required to go down in the menu to the heal spells so i can counter everything the boss just done.

If im looking for a challenge gameplay wise, i aint going with an RPG.

And dood i dont think its possible to insult you, your too ignorant to even let it phase you.

Now you're just being a smart ass.

Obviously the battle systems for all turn-based RPGs are mostly all the same, except for a few variations here and there. I've played tons to notice this.

Also, if you follow most common sense/tropes (for the lack of a better word), then you would know what type of magic/items/skills to use on certain bosses/enemies. That's not really skill.

Also, as I had just said; it's trial and error, not skill.

Yes, I will agree that the SMT series is the type of game series with cheap bosses that will kick your ass if you don't know what you're doing. But if you trial and error enough, you'll figure it out.

Also, gameplay =/= playing the game.
    Gameplay = The type of system inside of the game that makes it easy to navigate/play with.
    Maybe for an RPG with a simpler battle system but take games that are more real-time: Tales of, Star Ocean, Rogue Galaxy, Grandia 3, FF XII (personally controlling one character). All the management of looking at the party's status, who needs healing or to be cure of an ailment, what is happening on the battle field, trying to block an enemy's attack (if possible), trying to debilate the enemy as much as possible, what support skills have run out, going through the battle menus efficiently. I would say that requires skill to be able to read the battles. Of course I could take the whole "trial and error" logic and apply it to mostly any other genre.

Edit: @ Nix: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wooh. Sorry about that, all that fake laughing gets to me. There you go again trying to insult me. Why don't you go work on your insults and when you come back I'll see if they are any good to use.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 10-18-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Trionix
    I know this is an old thread but i wanted to put my two cents in. FFVII is my favorite more because of the nostalgia than anything and im sure its the same for many people as well. My first gaming RPG was FFVII (don't feel like Mario RPG on snes counts compared to VII)and although i've played all of them since VII i have yet to recapture those moments like i did with VII. Its something thats never going to come back and i know it but i believe the first time you experience a game thats so deep and complex compared to anything you've ever done will always be remembered as the best. Im sure if i play FFVII again i wont be putting in 100+ hours as i did my first time.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    FFVII Is a Pretty Good Game, and was Nominated as the Best FF/RPG game in the world because of its Record Sales, and all of its fans, Which in turn made it the best Game they had, so, They decided to go with it, and Extend it, and everything. The Original Story Did start off kinda Suspicious as to it should have had a Prequel of some sort...But at the time, it wasn't visible. Anyway, It might be an Overated Title to the FF Gaming Series, but its still a Pretty Damn good game, because of the story, and the GamePlay System, and The way it felt was just really Awesome. It still is a Really Popular Title of the Gaming Series even to this Day.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

I don't see why it shouldn't. The story, the materia combination you can come up with. LOL I wish you could get Omega Weapon on FF8 at FF7. Total pwnage.

Vivi Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? ViveLaVive's Avatar
    well, it is a good game, but the whole fan base makes it overrated. id compare it to naruto:the fans think to highly of it and the haters think to bad about it. i personaly think its a good game in general, not my favorite though.
    Stop.
    Listen.
    Think.
    Create.

dare to do

Registered User Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Zeza's Avatar
    Because was the first game in "3D", with CG´s. And I think because was the first FF that came to Europe.

And the translation is horrible! At least here in Spain. For example, in Battle Square in Gold Saucer, Cloud Says

"Allé voy", in Spanish translation is "Allá voy" and in english translation I think it is "Here I come!"
    Last edited by Zeza; 11-21-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32214&dateline=125650  5007

Morbid Angel Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Ulteka Mako's Avatar
    Living in St. Augustine Florida/From Jacksonville Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walrusman View Post
    What exactly is it about FINAL FANTASY VII that makes it overrated? I always hear alot of people talk about how overrated it is, but I usually don't find out why. So far, I've heard that the cast of characters aren't that great, and the story is confusing, but that's about it. Can someone tell me any other reasons? I've never played it, so I couldn't give you my opinion; I was just wondering.
    First of all, the storyline is not confusing at all unless you are a complete dumbass. But the reason why it is so called overrated, is because most people started out with FFVII as there first FF. Also they have made so many FFVII titles including a movie. It is considered one of the best FF title made. It's the best in my opinion.
    Life or death. Nethire are consider to someone like me. For I am both. Nor death can happen to me, or can life. There is no other like me. For I am one with myself. Nobody else is. That is the way of the immortal. That is the way of Ulteka Mako.

Registered User Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Arcane Blaze's Avatar
    I think it's cos of the hype, cos when I got it I thought it was goin' to be the best game ever but then I was let down and thought it was terrible...

Demons_Gate
    FFVII is my favorite game ever but many come very very close to it. I agree it is overrated and im getting annoyed by all the spinoffs (I did enjoy crisis core and AC though). I just wish they would make the remake and call it quits.

The fanboys/fangirls are what makes this game overrated though. Not everyone will like it of course, not everyone liked the star wars movies but that doesnt mean they sucked. It just wasnt their type of game. The constant "sephiroth/cloud" names on forums, games, shirts and such do get a little old. You never see much fanboys of the other games.

What I find odd about this game though is that so many people have such strong views about it. It can be someone ranting nonstop about it (couple in this thread already) or people blindly defending the faults of this game. Yes it does have parts I didnt like. Towards the end of the game it felt like all I ever saw was that stupid knights of the round summon, it was almost a necessity due to the difficulty of the weapons and it takes like 5 minutes to summon him once....so annoying. The characters in battle seem to be all the same. Aside from weapon type and limits they didnt have any special skills and stats were mostly all the same.

Despite these flaws its still my favorite game ever, the story, battle system, characters, villains. It was just great. Other FFs come close like VIII IX and VI (my first FF). I just dont like how so many fight over it, some people hate it, some people love it but people get so upset over the dispute.

Games that I think are almost as good as FFVII (my favorite games alltime!) MGS1 & 4, Uncharted 2, FFVI VII IX tactics, Legend of dragoon (this game was popular when it was released but nobody ever mentions it anymore, it was really a masterpiece and its very close to FFVII on my list!)

So while FFVII is my favorite game ever I dont deny that it still has many flaws. There are plenty of other good games out there on par with FFVII, just most of them dont have the rabid fanbase.

Spectral Patriot Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Chaos_Weapon's Avatar
    In my opinion, FF VII is overrated for the soul fact that it was the first 3D FF!! Not only that, it was 3 disc with hours of EPIC! The story was very good, the battling made it more intense with the graphics, and the plot made people scream for more. I have friends that never played a FF game in their lives, started off with 7 (sad to say) and wanted to buy FF 1-13 now. It gave the FF series the boost it needed by popular demand! ITS THE POOP!!( CANT USE THE "S" WORD XD)

The Spirals of Death Shall Yield to No One...So Good Luck!

Rune Knight Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Trodorne's Avatar
    Man i stopped playing that game back in 1999. it is overrated in my opinion. but there was good aspects. mind you im not a fan of some anime type characters. i don't know about you guys. but i out grown anime soon as they were airing reruns of dragonball z.

my main problems were how can a guy with skinny arms but with popeye forearms carry a sword 2 times the size of himself. second was how can a company arming its men to the teeth with pistols and guns and robots with guns and lasers can't take out a spikey merc with a sword who suffers from chronic migraines. maybe its me putting realism into a fantasy/ sci fi game. but i liked it better when it was sword vs sword or sword vs bow.

thats just not even disk 1. then you got the cheese love triangle either choose the woman with the knockers the size of Utah or the flower girl who actually is dating a spikey black haired guy but says what the hey im into guys from soilder so what ever. the game is good as a laugh riot at the plain old idiocy which is anime. i think its the direction that Squaresoft started to take that turned me off to the series. then they did VIII .... oy....

Replay value to 7 is great and that it has going for it. mainly for me i went back to see if i could do better in some of those mini events or hoped that something else could happen like i don't know like why not use a life spell or a phoenix down. right cause getting shot at with 4000 bullets in the torso oh yeah easy lets use a cure spell. single sword in the large intestines... aww man she got stabbed. now we know technologies weakness its magic, unfortunately magics weakness is weapons not using gun powder or optic lasers. go figure.

then you got gramps over here who has been living in a coffin for 40 years in a mansion which was burned down and rebuilt and totally left undisturbed. Vincents only crime was trying to get with a stupid ditzy scientist lady who ends up with the homocidial maniac of a so-called scientist name hojo....HOJO! sounds like a dog treat that you found in the super market on the discount bin. it was the bad rip off kind that is made from bread and pigs ears. yeah cause lady a man who laughs like a crazy nut obviously good for you. but oh no its a curse put on you for doing the right thing and confronting him.

on a cheese factor out of 5 i rate this game a 8.Havarti.
    on replay: i rate this game a 4.

its a good game but i take this with a grain of salt. if you want quality story convert the series into a table top game and leave the console games to the kids. their young and their parents have deep pockets. i say let them fry their minds on this.

Spectral Patriot Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Chaos_Weapon's Avatar
    i would guess its because its the first 3D FF to ever hit the gaming world, with awesome music, storyline, well enough graphics (for its time). It made me wanna both play the older FFs and stay in tune with the series. It kicked off the series in my opinion.

The Spirals of Death Shall Yield to No One...So Good Luck!

Do the elements trust you? Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? bahamuts heir's Avatar
    When something is overrated, say.. FF7, 8, 9, Naruto, Bleach, etc...

It's basically something average or mediocre, or just plain "good" becomes more popular than it should be. Usually young or teenage girls/boys are the main causes of something becoming overrated because "zomg seph is badass/hawt shiz"

"Tifa iz so hawt"

...So on, and so forth.
    u im a teenage boy and im not like that, anyways its really annoying when people keep on going that final fantasy is overrated,especially 7. they probably are just trying to act all bad*** because they are going against popular opinion(and anyone who just plays games for hot characters and bad*** villians really is pathetic)
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Trodorne obviously doesn't know the difference between a video game and real life. Also you out grew Dragonball Z back in 1991? 1992?

Grats Genome, you are 1 out of a million...
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Rune Knight Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated? Trodorne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Trodorne obviously doesn't know the difference between a video game and real life. Also you out grew Dragonball Z back in 1991? 1992?

Grats Genome, you are 1 out of a million...
    depends on which channel your talking about. obviously i don't know the difference in giving a real life critique to a game. obviously there is issues with reality are totally there haha

Re: Why is FINAL FANTASY VII overrated?

First thing first the game is Amazing no question but it is second to FFX (in my opinion) and the only way you can make a decision on this is by getting the game and playing it. I agree to some point that it is ovverated but I am not going to get into that debate cuz I really do love FF7 too much to get into an argument over it. Trust me get it and play it I don't think you will be disappointed!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2