Thread: Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority

Mystyrion

Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority

Link

Sad news for Final Fantasy VII fans because Square Enix has stated that new Final Fantasy titles “take precedence” over a remake of the much-loved classic.

In an interview in Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated by Gemsatsu) Character Designer Tetsuya Nomura said, “There are a lot of people who want a remake of Final Fantasy VII. However, new titles take precedence. We work our hardest to make something that might be even better than Final Fantasy VII. The new Final Fantasy must overcome the Final Fantasy of the past.”

He also expressed his belief that series producer Yoshinori Kitase is the future of the Final Fantasy series, and urged fans to trust the direction he takes it in.

Desire for a remake has been high since a tech demo for the PlayStation 3 showed Cloud, Aerith and the bustling streets of Midgar in High Definition.

Registered User Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority

Re: Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority

I can understand their stance on this. It must be frustrating to put all this work into something new, and yet people still keep wondering/asking about a VII remake. Also, if they did give into demands, there's the possibility of fan outcry if anything was changed, and also a possibility of fan outcry if NOTHING was changed.

It's a slippery slope.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I think if there is a remake, it'd probably feel the same as ZeldaoT 3DS, unless they really beef it up to be quality graphics. But the graphics for the game helped make it the classic it became. Wouldn't you say?
    An artsy fartsy girl with an artsy fartsy cat.

Boxer of the Galaxy Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Rowan's Avatar

Do you wanna know why though? It's because all their new stuff sucks ass in comparison. They had so many chances to create a good final fantasy and they ruined like 4 times over. If they were about pleasing their fans, they would do it.

I want to play a game. Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Zargabaath's Avatar

What intrigues me is what Nomura said about Kitase and the future of the series.
    I would believe that it is the director with the writer who molds the game. Makes me wonder how much input does/will Kitase have in shaping FFs. It is not something I am accustomed to hear regarding a producer.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Certified tech, come at me! Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a question; I know there have been people who said this, but would taking Enix out of the picture have a better effect on the FF titles?

If it was true at all, what has Enix done to hamper the quality of modern FF games (PS2 and up)?
    Currently Playing:

I want to play a game. Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    I have a question; I know there have been people who said this, but would taking Enix out of the picture have a better effect on the FF titles?

If it was true at all, what has Enix done to hamper the quality of modern FF games (PS2 and up)?
    I don't think there is a difference because of Enix. Dragon Quest games have still been great with Square coming into the picture. I think it has more to do with the talent pool shrinking dramatically.

Your second question is quite good. People grumble about Enix but what proof is there to back their disgruntlement. I hear those people talk about Enix but I never see anything on Enix. Maybe Enix is just a scapegoat some people can latch on w/o coming up with something better.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Queen Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Crescent's Avatar

“..We work our hardest to make something that might be even better than Final Fantasy VII. The new Final Fantasy must overcome the Final Fantasy of the past."
    HAHAHAA Goodluck with that. Been working well for you so far...>XD

Euww thats good news, leave my game alone. Just make me another FFVII instalment with Sephiroth & Vincent in CGI haha.

Well it's not needed at the moment. The original game is still able to be downloaded via the PSN network. The original is still fine and still able to be used and played.

If the game was a bit more broken and rarer to play these days then a remake would be a bit more necessary. But at the moment.. it's not.

Plus SquareEnix needs to focus on getting Versus out, finishing the FF XIII series and starting on FF XV before really heading into the realm of remaking older Final Fantasy games.

They could maybe do a translation touch up and fix and correct all the grammar errors and give the game a updated modern soundtrack; though a full fledged remake would be too risky, take a lot of time and bring out projects on newer games too behind.

Maybe 2015/ 2018 sounds possible. But a FF VII remake doesn't sound too important at the moment.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    Plus SquareEnix needs to focus on getting Versus out, finishing the FF XIII series and starting on FF XV before really heading into the realm of remaking older Final Fantasy games.
    I believe Versus is in full development right now. Which its been on the back burner for what 6 years now?

Do any of you know how long it takes to render out those scenes you love to watch? There is a reason it's taking a really long time to make these games lol. I can bet they spent at least 2 years rendering out scenes.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Bias reduX View Post
    I believe Versus is in full development right now. Which its been on the back burner for what 6 years now?

Yeah about six. Soon to be seven.

I would agree it should not be a priority as they have HD remakes of FFX for the PS3 and the Vita on the go at the momemt. However at some point in the future they should definitely do it cuz people are not going to stop asking for it until they get it!!! Maybe for the next next Gen console....maybe?

Registered User Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyFartsy View Post
    I think if there is a remake, it'd probably feel the same as ZeldaoT 3DS, unless they really beef it up to be quality graphics. But the graphics for the game helped make it the classic it became. Wouldn't you say?
    No, I hate 32 Bit Graphics, I love 8 and 16 bit retro style, and can be wowed by 128 and higher. But 32 and even 64 just feels like a poorly made Cartoon to me.

You guys got your remake.

Called the new release for the PC Version.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Ex-SOLDIER Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Cloud Strife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    You guys got your remake.

Called the new release for the PC Version.
    That's not a remake. That's a re-release with some extra features.

Chocobo Queen Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Katpuss's Avatar
    VII is very good but people need to stop going on about possible remakes etc etc. Fans need to welcome the new styles of FF play (paradigm system, fabula nova crystallis) rather than keeping on about the past.
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

Quote Originally Posted by Katpuss View Post
    VII is very good but people need to stop going on about possible remakes etc etc. Fans need to welcome the new styles of FF play (paradigm system, fabula nova crystallis) rather than keeping on about the past.
    Why welcome the new games when they fucking suck? remakes are all square have left judging by the games they are releasing these days.

Infact, when checking the date of their last good game (FFX) it has become even more so abundantly clear, that when square merged with enix, thats when their standard of making games nose dived, atleast as far as the FF series is concerned.

Ayyye Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FF VII doesn't deserve a remake anyway. Even if they did remake it, it would be destroyed with some FF XIII style battle system or something. Awesome to hear they're not going to milk FF VII any further though lol I wouldn't mind some remakes/sequels or whatever of other games, but I doubt Square could pull them off without destroying the whole thing :/

Boxer of the Galaxy Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Rowan's Avatar
    If there is a god, he will remake ff7 will Tifa booby physics engine.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Xanatos's Avatar
    I want this remake to happen for two simple reasons, first of all to play a fixed and improved version of Final Fantasy VII with huge amount of new content if possible, secondly and most importantly, next time I see news related to SquareEnix I don't want to read/hear all those "OMG, why don't they just make a FFVII remake" comments, these people annoy me to no end.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Ayyye Square: Final Fantasy VII Remake Not a Priority Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    If there is a god, he will remake ff7 will Tifa booby physics engine.
    ...suddenly I want this remake

Tifa's breasts are top priority.