Thread: Secret Midi track not included in actual game... or is it?

Boxer of the Galaxy Secret Midi track not included in actual game... or is it? Rowan's Avatar

Secret Midi track not included in actual game... or is it?

---
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-10-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Lady Succubus Secret Midi track not included in actual game... or is it? Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Secret Midi track not included in actual game... or is it?

...Your answer is answered in the description of the video on youtube. Read it. ^_^ Or better yet, I'll quote it.

Of course, the obvious questions are, "Why can't this track be heard in the game?" and "What was this piece intended for?"

The first question is a bit easier to answer. Like many of the "mysteries" that can be found in FFVII's programming, this MIDI is most likely an artifact from the game's production. Of course, the piece was meant to be left out of the finished game, but it seems as if Square's programmers left it in, probably by accident.

As for the intended purpose of this track, I noticed that it sounded similar to "Descendant of Shinobi" and "Materia Mountain". These two pieces are strongly associated with Yuffie, and can be heard during scenes where she plays a major role. Perhaps "COMICAL.mid" was meant for a scene with Yuffie that was later scrapped?

A second possibility is that this piece is meant to be included in a humorous scene, with or without Yuffie. The name of the MIDI file, as well as the lighthearted tone, lend itself to this possibility.

Boxer of the Galaxy Secret Midi track not included in actual game... or is it? Rowan's Avatar

---
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-10-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Never heard about this before. Are you sure there is a secret midi track?

That whole Youtube description is copy pasted from Final fantasy VII Citadel. The midi is there too so if you're that interested just find the secrets section. I found that a loonng time ago haha.

Imo it could have been meant for Boxer's theme..maybe.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-17-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

HRH Albha Secret Midi track not included in actual game... or is it? Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    Imo it could have been meant for Boxer's theme..maybe.
    Boxer? He's soooo 1999

It's quite a short theme, so I'd imagine it would also be used in a short scene. The fact that it's named 'comical' implies that it is used in a comedic situation (no shit, Sherlock ), so I could imagine it being used during the fortune telling scene or in the clothes shop during Cloud's cross-dressing.

It could really fit in anywhere, it was probably a track created late in development that was never switched with another track.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014