Thread: Nother Stupid Question

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Nother Stupid Question noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nother Stupid Question

How do you get past the Shinra guards in the Shinra tower? Ya know, when Barrett kinda makes Cloud go it alone and if you get caught, you gotta start over?

Don't get caught. Run when they aren't looking.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

TFF's Resident Messenger Nother Stupid Question Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What loaf said. And...

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

And again.

And again.

And keep messing up so much that you end up skipping this section. This actually happened to me the first time I tried playing through this game.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    yeah isnt it if you mess up enough times you just end up killing all the guards and get past it anyways? at least from what i remember lol
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Boxer of the Galaxy Nother Stupid Question Rowan's Avatar
    Its pretty good EXP from memory if you just keep fighting them. Also remember in this area its possible to steal HARDEDGE for cloud from soldier enemies that use "flying sickle". Its hard to steal, but very worth it since its a weapon you wont receive until you get to junon (if indeed you get 100 percent with impressing rufus before taking the ship).

edit: Not 100 percent, I think its like 250 points or something.

Queen Nother Stupid Question Crescent's Avatar
    @skippingtheguards

lol Ive played FFVII at least 30 times and I never knew that >XD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    @skippingtheguards

lol Ive played FFVII at least 30 times and I never knew that >XD
    wHAT HOWD YOU NOT KNOW THAT!!!!11

yeah like rowan said its good exp, and you get a small cutscene of Barret cursing you out. well worth imo
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Boxer of the Galaxy Nother Stupid Question Rowan's Avatar

I also never saw this before.

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Queen Nother Stupid Question Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    wHAT HOWD YOU NOT KNOW THAT!!!!11

yeah like rowan said its good exp, and you get a small cutscene of Barret cursing you out. well worth imo
    Cause FFVII is so(too) easyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries
    It helps having a controller that would move your character at random moments. And add lack of experience in using the D-pad to move characters. That is pretty much the equation to any motion puzzle I have ever had trouble with.

You should have seen me struggle with getting Barret, Tifa, and Cloud to all synchronize the button pressing in the reactor. That took quite a while.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

TFF Adoption Agency

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    lmao! I had that same problem (the button thing). It took me around 15 minutes to get it. Jay was laughing at me the entire time.
    I also had trouble jumping onto the swinging bar to get up to Shinra tower. I finally got fed up and made Jay do it for me.

Now then, when I played (sneaking past the guards), I did it like 3x and each time, Barrett called me right back, forcing me to start over, and the guards re-generated. How many times must I do this before I can just go? 'Cuz I don't wanna deplete my potions & ether stash totally. Sure it's nice to have the EXP, but if you wind up getting effed on the items & mp front... Won't you be screwed when you have to fight whatever boss comes next?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    I did it like 3x and each time,...How many times must I do this before I can just go?
    More than three times.

Sure it's nice to have the EXP, but if you wind up getting effed on the items & mp front... Won't you be screwed when you have to fight whatever boss comes next?
    As long as you have materia placed in optimum spots, you shouldn't have too much trouble with battles, especially this early in the game. Though you wouldn't think it judging from physical appearance, Cloud has the highest magic out of the three (don't take my word on that- he was always the highest when I played). Give him Cure linked with All. That way you can heal them all if needed. And knowing your enemies' weaknesses is always beneficial. There are several online bestiaries that you could take advantage of if using Sense is too much work.

I honestly never had a lot of difficulty with the battles in the game (besides the obvious-Weapons). I never ran out of MP, and items were plentiful for me. If you do run low, there is a shop in the ShinRa building that sells potions. It is in one of the bottom floors. You can use the gil earned fighting the guards to stock up.

And you could almost always Steal a potion or two from enemies.

TFF Adoption Agency

Blog Entries
    o.O; I don't have All..

I also chose to opt out into Lazy Mode and sneak in the back way. heh.

Blog Entries
    I don't have All.
    I am extremely baffled by this. How can anyone not have All Materia? I take it you never went to the Beginner's House in Sector 7, then. That's where you get one for free. It really doesn't make sense to not have one already. And since they can be paired with a lot of different Materia and level up relatively faster than most other Materia...I am concerned for your party's well-being now.

I also chose to opt out into Lazy Mode and sneak in the back way. heh.
    Now that you are up there, you can go into Super Lazy Mode and take the elevator back down. It's not like you actually fight 60 floors of battles by entering the building through the front.

Or don't. There is a bed you can sleep in higher up the building for free. Just get there and all your physical ailments will be gone when you wake up.

TFF Adoption Agency