Thread: No remake info announced at E3

Boxer of the Galaxy No remake info announced at E3 Rowan's Avatar

No remake info announced at E3

This is very disheartening. It was one of the reasons I was so excited about E3 this year. Its also disheartening to think that its most likely not going to be released next year either, during its 20th anniversary of the game.

Does anybody know the next event where there would be a possibility of us seeing more info? Andro im looking at you.

The Quiet One No remake info announced at E3 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I expected this because Nomura and Kitase specifically said that this year they were going to be focusing on production, making the game. They're going silent until they've got some big to show I expect. While it's possible they drop by TGS, I'm making the more likely bet that it will show up at Playstation Experience as a playable demo. PSX is the most realistic time I think you'll see it this year at the earliest. And then it'll blow out E3 next year with the release date for the first part and more playable parts of the game. Sony will probably open with it.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

They would be showing nothing important. Why waste such a big thing on e3 when they could use it on a more Square Enix oriented event.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The wait is painful.

Certified tech, come at me! No remake info announced at E3 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually did browse around and someone did ask nomura about it and he said that they are still working on it and the game's development process is going steady. While it would have been nice to see other characters in the unreal engine 4 model, it's better to just wait it out let square develop it.
    Currently Playing:

Yeah don't worry Rowan, they will get part of the game to you as soon as possible...

Blog Entries
    e3 in general sucked this year.

no announcement of any new elder scrolls game makes me very disgruntled.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    e3 in general sucked this year.

no announcement of any new elder scrolls game makes me very disgruntled.
    You got yourself a nice elder scrolls card game

(lmfao)

Consistently Average No remake info announced at E3 Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not to mention an HD remake of the es game you most likely own already
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

The Mad God No remake info announced at E3 Heartless Angel's Avatar
    The only thing I saw that I was even remotely excited about was the new Zelda.

Lol at the Skyrim remake, now console players will be able to share in a fraction of the experience we members of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race have had since 2011.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    If it gave us console playing knaves access to console commands id throw down that preorder at my local eb games in a second. Now if it was oblivion and it came with all those extra dlcs you can no longer get (short of buying that steam version maybe) then id be kicking down their door regardless. Heck id try to preorder the preorder.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

The Quiet One No remake info announced at E3 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You won't be seeing an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement for probably a year or two. They just finished Fallout 4 last year and working on DLC for the game. So it'll be a while before you see anything in a new game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    If it gave us console playing knaves access to console commands id throw down that preorder at my local eb games in a second. Now if it was oblivion and it came with all those extra dlcs you can no longer get (short of buying that steam version maybe) then id be kicking down their door regardless. Heck id try to preorder the preorder.

You can't get all the DLCs now? Which ones aren't available, like all the houses and shit?
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    iirc Mehrunes Razor, fighters stronghold, theives den and wizards tower are only available through xbox live and as some kind of steam bundle now. I dont think they were ever available to ps3 versions of oblivion which is why itd be amazing if there was ever remake of the game. Most of them just add houses but a castle is always going to be better than a waterside shack. And you have access to enchanting and spell making without the monotony of joining the mages guild. But you can do that on the pc with console commands anyway
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Anyone who expected Elder Scrolls 6 this year..lol idk what to say cause why would they announce that a year after Fallout 4.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Anyone who expected Elder Scrolls 6 this year..lol idk what to say cause why would they announce that a year after Fallout 4.
    Because Bethesda is love, Todd Howard is life. <3

Anyway, I don't give a shit what anyone says; Skyrim Remastered is mine on day one and I'll play the absolute shit out of it again. I've honestly never spent so much money on one game. I own Skyrim on every platform, twice on PS3 (including the CE), twice on Xbox 360 (although I did get one for free) and again on PC. After t-shirts and merch, looking at Ł300+. I broke it on the PC with mods, so I don't rate the "PC Master Race" crap - I didn't need half the mods that broke it, and nothing improved the game much for me.

ANYWAY. I wouldn't have minded seeing some more remake stuff in FFVII. E3 this year kinda sucked. Biggest thing for me was the Skyrim Remaster and Gwent hahaha.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Most people break the game on their first modded play. Mine got to a point where it crashed every time I hit a loading screen and I just uninstalled and started fresh. Now I have a stable load order with over 300 active mods.

Biggest things you want to do to make a modded game run smoothly are: Cleaning the official plug-ins with TES5Edit, they're ALL full of dirty edits, ITM files, and worst of all, deleted references. Clean only the plug-ins though, if you clean Skyrim.esm, you're going to hate your life forever.

Second thing, use LOOT to set your load order. It optimizes it for script workload, and makes sure everything has its dependencies in the correct order.

Biggest thing is try to avoid having too many heavily scripted mods. The game has a memory usage issue that hasn't really been fixed. Normally it allocates a certain amount of memory for the game, when it runs out it requests more. Whenever it requests more, it crashes. I believe SKSE fixes it slightly but only by increasing the initial allocation, it still crashes if it tries to request more.

And lastly, read the forum posts on nexus mods before you install. As a general rule, if you can find 3 or more complaints on the first page, the mod is just ****ed up and is best avoided.

Skyrim ReMaster is basically just going to make me mod the hell out of my PC Skyrim with a ton of texture and HD mods and such that it'll feel Remastered to me.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I wish I could improve my graphics further, I already have all my textures replaced with 4k parallax shit.

I modded with nexus and my 70ish hours file was corrupted. I never touched skyrim again.

its inferior to the witcher 3 though, in every single way.

I've never encountered that particular problem. What kinds of mods were you running?

Naked mods, what do you think.

nah jk. I ran one naked mod though, a lightning ffxiii mod, texture, realistic water etcetc.

Odd, usually those are just mesh and texture replacers, shouldn't affect your game saves at all.

Usually corrupted saves, at least from my limited experience (again, never actually happened to me) occur when you things to the game, save with them in your file, then remove them and continue from a save that used them. It can USUALLY handle that, but sometimes it can screw with your saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Odd, usually those are just mesh and texture replacers, shouldn't affect your game saves at all.

Usually corrupted saves, at least from my limited experience (again, never actually happened to me) occur when you things to the game, save with them in your file, then remove them and continue from a save that used them. It can USUALLY handle that, but sometimes it can screw with your saves.
    The lightning character mod used assets that needed to be imported. Probably thats what did it.

Was that a mod from the Nexus, or some weird Japanese site? Most of the mods you find in places that aren't the Nexus are absolutely riddled with dirty edits and deleted references.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Was that a mod from the Nexus, or some weird Japanese site? Most of the mods you find in places that aren't the Nexus are absolutely riddled with dirty edits and deleted references.
    ahh its been so long I can barely remember. I believe the mod was made outside of nexus by a guy, but a lot of people used this mod and the guy became pretty renouned for it. Oh well.

Weird. I've seen several Lightning character presets on the nexus, her hairstyle, an her armor from 13 and13 2. Can't imagine anything beyond the basic stuff being required there. Usually you have to be doing some pretty crazy shit to screw up a save.

chocolateer No remake info announced at E3 01habbo's Avatar
    Not really surprised, I wasn't surprised at no Kingdom Hearts 3 either. Both FFXV and KH2.8 are being being pushed a lot this year due to the release dates drawing closer. I don't expect to see anything on FF7 til FFXV is released and likewise with KH3.